Best Internetprovider For Viewtalay 1

thaitero

What you recommend internetprovider For VT 1 ?

I have heard some good reviews about 3BB so i visited their salesoffice at Big C extra..

When they heard i want internet to VT 1 they told i should go to 3BB thepparasit office ( near night market)

There older lady at 3BB thepparasit office told me that they can do internet in VT 1 but what i understood they have some problems with line and connection in that building. They reccommend i should ask other residents first what they think.. I did not quite understand what was the problem. Something about TOT owning boxes??? For example at VT 2 3BB lady said no problems.

So what you think is the best for VT 1 A?

What about sophon cable..Is that good there?

Edited by thaitero

If you can get Sophon BB over "fibre-to-the-home" in that building then I would go for it.

I find it works very well and I get the full 4Mbs I have subscribed to, especially since they replaced some dodgy old cable in my ceiling. Quite reasonable by Thai standards at under 8000B/year. Buy your own wifi router in Tukcom for 2/5ths of the price Sophon want for one.

The office near Tukcom should be able to tell you.

I live here and have used TOT for three years and it works good for 599baht month

How is the speed outside of Thailand? reliability, Minimum contract time?

Sophon is one option also i am going to ask if it is possible. I have that in another building..

What about wifitime you can buy from poolhouse (condomanagment)? Anyone use that? Is that TOT-connection also?

Edited by thaitero

I live here and have used TOT for three years and it works good for 599baht month

Sophon is one option also i am going to ask if it is possible. I have that in another building..

What about wifitime you can buy from poolhouse (condomanagment)? Anyone use that? Is that TOT-connection also?

I have no problem with speed outside Thailand. I use Skype a lot and works good. Contract time was 1-yr. I tried the wifi here 3 years ago and was not good and also expensive.

O.k thanks for the info..smile.png

I will check first what is the provider behind "poolwifi"..

because i think main provider should be something else what is behind poolwifi so the poolwifi can be used as a backup plan when the main provider is down.

Edited by thaitero

If you can get Sophon BB over "fibre-to-the-home" in that building then I would go for it.

I find it works very well and I get the full 4Mbs I have subscribed to, especially since they replaced some dodgy old cable in my ceiling. Quite reasonable by Thai standards at under 8000B/year. Buy your own wifi router in Tukcom for 2/5ths of the price Sophon want for one.

The office near Tukcom should be able to tell you.

I too would recommend Sophon fiber, but on the monthly contract, having previously researched this, it appeared the people who signed up to longer term contracts were not getting the best customer support, where as the monthly suscribers appeared to be getting better as they are in a better position to cancel the contract which obviously Sophon dont want, I can now testify that with the 4 outages I have had in 9 months they have fixed straight away, two they could do remotely but two required an engineer to visit, they were here within a couple of hours of me contacting them.

The main disadvantage is having to go to the shop every month to pay my monthly subscription, they wont let me set up a DD and although the keep promsing to send out email reminders they never do.

I'm on the yearly sub and they came out for the one service call I requested within a couple of hours as you say. They also spent several hours at my place and changed/adjusted lots of bits and pieces before finding the real cause of the problem, but at no point did they show signs of wanting to leave before it was sorted.

So based on that I would say it probably makes no difference.

Today i visited sophon office..

"no can do" they said so it seems if you want something else than TOT, options are very limited..

I visited also TOT office today.. Lady there took my name and address and said i should come back on sunday. I did not understand why i could not make instant deal when i was there today. Maby there was some misunderstanding..ermm.gif

Well she gave me some brochure (a scan attached with this post) so i quess should chooce something from that brochure and go back on sunday..biggrin.png

post-22985-0-18698400-1337852384_thumb.j

Edited by thaitero

I just paid my TOT on line and the price has dropped here at View Talay 1. For over a year I have been paying 599 baht a month and now latest is 417 baht for same. My download speed (Speedtest.com) is 6.33. Very reasonable and has been very good connection. I do not pay anything extra for telephone line or ADSL, only 417 month.

I just paid my TOT on line and the price has dropped here at View Talay 1. For over a year I have been paying 599 baht a month and now latest is 417 baht for same. My download speed (Speedtest.com) is 6.33. Very reasonable and has been very good connection. I do not pay anything extra for telephone line or ADSL, only 417 month.

Sounds good.

Today i picked up my wifi-modem from TOT office. Modem was less than 1000 baht. No deposit or advancemoney was asked for internet. Condo-office was also needed to contact. They wanted 1500 baht for installion or something like that. They told internet should be working within a week..Let see how it it works.. I Forgot to ask autodebit form for a bank. Anyone know if banks have TOT autodebitforms without need for another visit in ToT office..?

Poolwifi is using CAT as a internet provider so i quess that is one option also to ask your own line from CAT.

Edited by thaitero