Thai Newspapers Online Help

bmanly

Hi everyone, my Thai wife is at her wits end here in Australia as she can not read her favourite newspapers online anymore. It all stopped happening around Christmas time. Could some of you try accessing these newspapers outside of Thailand and tell me how you go. If you are in Australia that would be even better as that is where our problem is occurring. The newspapers in Question are the following:

Komchadluek Dailynews Kow-Krua

Have these been blocked or are the not servicing the net community anymore? Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well I never thought it would be on my end as I get everything else including Bangkok Post and Pattaya Mail. My service provider is iinet ADSL. When I click on the sites it just freezes like it's trying to download them but never does, funny thing though, the Thairath newspaper downloads fine?

That Kow-Krua I think is home and family kind of stuff. Looks like I got to muck around with some settings, but where and what, here we go again.

Cheers and thanks.

OK, this is turning into an internet problem. I have tried turning off McAfee and I have emptied the cache but I can not find the cause of it not dowmloading on my PC yet others don't have the problem. Any ideas are greatly accepted. :o

Do you have Thai font on your PC ???

Yes I do and it's installed

Uninstall Jave & reload it.

Java

Done that thanks but no different

Can you access Komchadluek when you type 202.60.196.116 in your browser address bar?

There's also a Flash animation on that page that seems to load first. Do you have Flash installed?

I tried typing those numbers in and it comes up the same as before "cannot find server" page. Yes I do have flash installed.

The funny thing is Manager is fine. I just can't work it out. Thanks for your help so far.

Do you have Thai font on your PC ???

Yes I do and it's installed

Uninstall Jave & reload it.

Java

Done that thanks but no different

Can you access Komchadluek when you type 202.60.196.116 in your browser address bar?

There's also a Flash animation on that page that seems to load first. Do you have Flash installed?

I tried typing those numbers in and it comes up the same as before "cannot find server" page. Yes I do have flash installed.

The funny thing is Manager is fine. I just can't work it out. Thanks for your help so far.

I can'y get them either, and I'm in the US. But I have a program called Proxomitron installed on my computer that could be the culprit here.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help here. It is a bit hit and miss, sometimes you get them and sometimes not. Patience is a virtue and having 5 newspapers in your bookmarks should ensure at least 1 might work at any one time, right now I am getting the lot. Cheers. :o

I can'y get them either, and I'm in the US. But I have a program called Proxomitron installed on my computer that could be the culprit here.

Bmanly,

As I mentioned, I also had trouble except for the Manager site like you.

If you are using some adblocker software, that might be the problem because as Mogoso writes he uses Proxomitron and I use AdMuncher.

As soon as I disabled it I could view all the sites.

Cheers YBB

Edit: BTW would you or anyone know if there is a site with Thai News with the daily highlights by video?

Something like this http://www.abc.com.au/broadband/categories/

Edited by Youbloodybeauty

Edit: BTW would you or anyone know if there is a site with Thai News with the daily highlights by video?

Something like this http://www.abc.com.au/broadband/categories/

No I don't but if you are looking for something for your Thai partner SBS Radio has a broadcast in Thai language from 8PM to 9PM on Saturdays and 9PM to 10PM on Tuesdays, all in Thai both local Australian news and Thai news. My wife is listening to it now. In Sydney it is FM 97.7, other states would have it too but you need to look it up on their website for the frequency. Cheers.