Property Industry Impact Of Saphan Taksin Bts Closure

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/6/33253/station-removal-to-impact-property-buyers

I wonder if any Thai Visa users are worried about the closure of BTS Saphan Taksin from a property perspective? Anyone who has purchased close by, and who wasn't made aware the station would be closing, may have legal claims if the value of their property drops. I can think of two or three developments close by that were selling on the back of being close to the mass transit network.

As said

Property buyers who have purchased units close to Saphan Taksin on the back of proximity to the BTS skytrain network may feel somewhat upset at the news, even though the station was never intended to be permanent. Whether this was made clear to property buyers is not clear, although any due diligence prior to purchasing would have revealed this fact.

But would your lawyer tell you?

Buying property any where in the world, you need to do yourown due dilligence also.......lets be honest, you buy a second hand car, TV, motorbike..anything....the seller isnt going to tell you the bad bits, you must find them yourselfe.....

It was build as a temporary station, so anyone with some interest in their surroundings could have known that.

The detrimental effects of the closing are only for the ones that didn't do their minimal amount of due diligence.

I must say that for a "temporary" station, it was always pretty permanent looking.

I wouldn't be surprised if these plans are altered again....after all, what wil happen to the thousands of workers going from ST to the boat ? I can't see them taking the 700m walkway thats promised.

Also, imagine the additional vehicles (buses etc) needed to transport them to the boat station....happy days.

I'm sure too that Asiatique, the new market on the river, will be having a word in some influential persons ear, as will the 5 star hotels that have boat services to ST.

Time will tell, but I wouldn't be too confident of it being closed, no matter what is written in the papers.

• Like 1