Manchester United

redrus

If we bow out tonight in the League / Carling / Irrelevant Cup, it will be due to this young line-up (giggs and neville are in as chaparones).

Team (from): Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, Evans, Cleverley, Neville, Chester, Vidic, O'Shea, Nani, Park, Fletcher, Anderson, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Tevez, Welbeck, Manucho.

i was also pissed off with him over the summer and wanted shot of him but the fact remains that he is still at Utd so as long as he is wearing the shirt of utd and doing the business, who cares. I d rather have him playing for us than aganist us and i think u know yourself you would love to have him at your club.

i do wish untied fans wouldn't always assume that. i wouldn't want any player at liverpool who played for himself above the team and who genuinely didn't want to be at the club. united fans know that ronaldo's only using them for another season until he can scarper to where he really wants to be, so the unconditional love for him in that case is pretty sad.

i also don't like cheating shithouses which is why i wanted el hadji diouf sold the second he gobbed at a celtic fan for example.

i was also pissed off with him over the summer and wanted shot of him but the fact remains that he is still at Utd so as long as he is wearing the shirt of utd and doing the business, who cares. I d rather have him playing for us than aganist us and i think u know yourself you would love to have him at your club.

i do wish untied fans wouldn't always assume that. i wouldn't want any player at liverpool who played for himself above the team and who genuinely didn't want to be at the club. united fans know that ronaldo's only using them for another season until he can scarper to where he really wants to be, so the unconditional love for him in that case is pretty sad.

i also don't like cheating shithouses which is why i wanted el hadji diouf sold the second he gobbed at a celtic fan for example.

hmm interesting, I think CR realises that his opportunity for trophies and awards lays not in Madrid but in Real Manchester.

You should worry about Robbie Keane and what Rafa thinks about him and the health of mr goldielocks.

hmm interesting, I think CR realises that his opportunity for trophies and awards lays not in Madrid but in Real Manchester.

You should worry about Robbie Keane and what Rafa thinks about him and the health of mr goldielocks.

as i said though, he plays for himself and not for united, so it's not about club trophies for him. he wants to be the biggest cheese at the biggest club in the world, which however much it rankles with manyoo fans, is still real madrid. particularly for a lad of latino extraction. him and alex ferguson are going to go bust-up this season, i'll bet you anything on it. part of ronaldo's madrid-strategised plan to ensure that he leaves united next summer and it doesn't look like it's his fault.

as i said though, he plays for himself and not for united, so it's not about club trophies for him. he wants to be the biggest cheese at the biggest club in the world, which however much it rankles with manyoo fans, is still real madrid. particularly for a lad of latino extraction. him and alex ferguson are going to go bust-up this season, i'll bet you anything on it. part of ronaldo's madrid-strategised plan to ensure that he leaves united next summer and it doesn't look like it's his fault.

I am just happy that Liverpool fans spend so much time worry about it.

I do believe he will leave in a season or two but as ive said he is still at the club so whats the point in having a go at him if you are a utd fan. He may at times play for himself but it is a team game last time i checked and he has certainly contrubuted to our success over the last few years :o

Biggest club in the world Real Madrid eh??????? funny that they always come and try and buy our players every summer, dont you think and if we only sell them if we want too i.e becks , van nist, henize beans and keep hold of the ones we want to keep i.e Ronaldo.

He may want to go to Madrid as you pointed out, cos he is Lantio and he supported them a kid, not cos he thinks they are bigger than us or will win more trophies then Us in the next few years.

it's a topical football issue, so why not talk about it? wouldn't say 'worrying', i only worry about my own team. i enjoy talking about beckham too, the man who set the bar for self-publicity that ronaldo's currently trying to reach.

it's a topical football issue, so why not talk about it? wouldn't say 'worrying', i only worry about my own team. i enjoy talking about beckham too, the man who set the bar for self-publicity that ronaldo's currently trying to reach.

I don't know, shouldn't you be in your LP forum talking about the greatness of Gerrard - it's been 10 years ya know :o

I don't know, shouldn't you be in your LP forum talking about the greatness of Gerrard - it's been 10 years ya know :o

i'm very aware that it's been ten years. i was at the match against sheff wed when he scored his first goal and marked himself out as a lad to watch.

I don't know, shouldn't you be in your LP forum talking about the greatness of Gerrard - it's been 10 years ya know :D

i'm very aware that it's been ten years. i was at the match against sheff wed when he scored his first goal and marked himself out as a lad to watch.

sorry for posting this on the Utd page lads but

Stevie G at his best :o

Much better at it than Ronaldo, me thinks :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SIMiE2vElX0&...19-post329.html

I don't know, shouldn't you be in your LP forum talking about the greatness of Gerrard - it's been 10 years ya know :D

apples and oranges, bit like me comparing Petr Checski with Feranando Torres

ah, the height of united fans' wit never fails to amaze. i'm just glad the clumsy cun_t didn't pop his knee out with that airshot.

Well, understandably there is alot of envy coming from the Liverpool front vis-a-vis CR and looking at this list below it's clear why..

Honours

Manchester United

Premier League: 2006-07, 2007-08

FA Cup: 2003-04

League Cup: 2005-06

FA Community Shield: 2007

UEFA Champions League: 2007-08

Individual

Bravo Award: 2004

UEFA Euro 2004 Team of the Tournament

FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year: 2004-05, 2005-06

Portuguese Footballer of the Year: 2006-07

UEFA Team of the Year: 2003-2004, 2006-07

FIFPro World XI: 2006-07, 2007-08

PFA Young Player of the Year: 2006-07

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2006-07, 2007-08

PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2006-07, 2007-08

PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08

FWA Footballer of the Year: 2006-07, 2007-08

Barclays Player of the Season: 2006-07, 2007-08

Barclays Player of the Month: November-December 2006, January 2008, March 2008

Barclays Golden Boot: 2007-08

Barclays Merit Award: 2007-08

European Golden Shoe: 2007-08

UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2007-08

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007-08

FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007-08

Ballon d'Or: 2008

At only 23, you better hope he moves to Real Madrid soon.

ah, the height of united fans' wit never fails to amaze. i'm just glad the clumsy cun_t didn't pop his knee out with that airshot.

Don't worry stevie. The way these RAGS go on, you'd think C. Ronaldo never made a gaff. Well take a look at some of these :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ldfbDy4IB9g&...feature=related

Man Utd 5-3 Blackburn

Hat-trick hero Carlos Tevez-BBC

Tevez boosted his hopes of starting in the Premier League on Saturdaypost-16343-1228377020_thumb.jpg

Carlos Tevez scored four times to lead Manchester United into the Carling Cup semi-finals at Blackburn's expense.

Tevez headed in from close-range and then set up Nani to fire home, before Benni McCarthy's shot pulled one back.

Tevez struck next from the spot after he was fouled by Martin Olsson, before tapping in another to seal his treble.

McCarthy set up Matt Derbyshire to slot in and McCarthy struck himself from four yards out, before Tevez hammered in a cracker to seal it in injury time.

Tevez's magnificent display is sure to cause selection problems for boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who has left him on the bench for much of the season in the league.

As for Blackburn, their poor performance will not ease the pressure on under-fire manager Paul Ince, who has seen his side slip into the Premier League drop zone in recent weeks.

They promised much in a lively opening, with a Stephen Warnock shot forcing Ben Foster to tip over early on, but soon it was all United.

Tevez was at the heart of every attack and Rovers could not live with his movement, the 24-year-old firing inches over from the edge of the box.

606: DEBATE

Tevez should replace Berbatov at the weekend

U13724939

He broke the deadlock 10 minutes before the break, beating Aaron Mokoena to Ryan Giggs's cross to nod home.

After Roque Santa Cruz headed wide for Blackburn, United doubled their lead, as Tevez teed up Nani to smash the ball past Paul Robinson.

Ince brought on striker McCarthy at the break and it paid immediate dividends as the South African outmuscled Gary Neville and slotted past Foster.

But Tevez calmed any nerves inside Old Trafford two minutes later when he was brought down by Olsson inside the box and he dusted himself down to slot in the resulting penalty.

United were rampant and Tevez completed his first hat-trick in a United shirt with a quite wonderful team goal after 53 minutes.

Giggs was the architect of the move with a stunning pass to Anderson, who passed up the chance to score his first United goal to set up Tevez to tap into an empty net.

Ferguson gave Paul Scholes a run out, the midfielder's first since picking up a knee injury on 30 September, and he twice shot wide.

Rovers did get on the scoresheet again as Derbyshire collected McCarthy's pass to score and moments later Derbyshire returned the favour for McCarthy to make it 4-3.

But Tevez rifled in another belter from the edge of the box and it was the Argentine who deservedly secured United's place in Saturday's semi-finals draw alongside Tottenham, Burnley and Derby County.

Man Utd: Foster, Rafael Da Silva, Neville, Evans, O'Shea (Evra 66), Nani, Gibson, Possebon (Scholes 66), Anderson, Giggs (Manucho 71), Tevez.

Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Park, Vidic, Welbeck.

Goals: Tevez 36, Nani 40, Tevez 51 pen, 54, 90.

Blackburn: Robinson, Olsson, Nelsen, Ooijer, Warnock, Treacy, Kerimoglu (Pedersen 70), Mokoena, Emerton (McCarthy 46), Derbyshire, Roque Santa Cruz (Fowler 76).

Subs Not Used: Brown, Villanueva, Judge, Roberts.

Booked: Nelsen.

Goals: McCarthy 48, Derbyshire 84, McCarthy 90.

Att: 53,997.

Ref: Alan Wiley (Staffordshire).

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Carlos Tevez (9.15 on 90 minutes).

redrus

I hate games like that although I understand why Sunderland did what they did.

Almost 90% of the ball. 23 attempts on goal compared to 1?

Boring.

Agreed. It was very boring. I was extremely disappointed in Sunderland's approach to the game. I would rather have got thrashed 5-0 after trying to get a result, than simply humping the ball into the Manchester United half every time we won the ball (admittedly not very often). Hull have managed to give the so called 'big boys' a few problems this season, so I can't see why Sunderland don't go with the same attitude. Beaten before we started and only came close to an undeserved point due to the congestion in the penalty area, some reasonable goalkeeping and some wayward finishing from United. So one-sided it was hardly worth staying up for. :o

that the same johnny evans who last christmas was accused of rape?

at least rio ferdinand wasn't allowed to do the organising this year. particularly classy that was last time out.

I've been accused of lots of things, doesn't mean it's true. :o

that the same johnny evans who last christmas was accused of rape?

at least rio ferdinand wasn't allowed to do the organising this year. particularly classy that was last time out.

at least we have a party - is Rafa letting the boys out of Catholic school long enough to have a beer over the new year.

Seems our lads had a good time at the christmas party. Especially like the photo of Adebayor who was invited and sub Johnnie Evans tucking his shirt in after getting out of a limo :o

Getting out of limos and shirts not tucked in disgraceful behaviour. I just hope that no Man Up layers got invoved in cross dressing or other stupid and childish dressing up games. Wouldnt it be nice if the players shouted a Christmas party for the coaching staff and the men/ladies who make the tea and clean up Old Trafford

at least we have a party - is Rafa letting the boys out of Catholic school long enough to have a beer over the new year.

fancy dress party at carragher's restaurant usually.

you ever seen this by the way? mike phelan nearly gave ferguson a heart attack by popping a balloon.

16j58b7.jpg