New Kitchen

sscan

a local outfit can design and install a suitable tiled arrangement with 'under counter' storage compartments, double stainless sinks and etc, I've got one at home and it didn't cost much...

just make sure that yer waist measurement from the floor is considered or then you will get an asian waist high counter arrangement...it plays hell with yer back when chopping onions and garlic and etc...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

just make sure that yer waist measurement from the floor is considered or then you will get an asian waist high counter arrangement...it plays hell with yer back when chopping onions and garlic and etc...

This is something I found odd. The worktops in the kitchen of each Thai house I've had have been at 'Asian' height but the wall cupboards were mounted insanely high. I had to buy a mini-stepladder so my GF could reach the front of the lower shelves (she is short even by Thai standards) and I could not reach the back of the upper shelves without the ladder. Very poorly thought out.

Edited by SimonD

This is something I found odd. The worktops in the kitchen of each Thai house I've had have been at 'Asian' height but the wall cupboards were mounted insanely high. I had to buy a mini-stepladder so my GF could reach the front of the lower shelves (she is short even by Thai standards) and I could not reach the back of the upper shelves without the ladder. Very poorly thought out.

You're asking them to "think about it", LOL.

You've obviously never had a Thai "electrician" in to do some work, LOL. TIT.

a local outfit can design and install a suitable tiled arrangement with 'under counter' storage compartments, double stainless sinks and etc, I've got one at home and it didn't cost much...

Standard worktop height in Europe is 90 cm, Wall cupboards from 140/150 cm (bottom of unit, most commonly 140) to 210 cm (top of unit) if it's standard. I know because I design, build and install bespoke kitchens here in Greece. Hadn't realised that Thai base units were lower - never noticed it in mum-in-law's house. Mind you, I don't get to do any cooking when I'm there! smile.png