Company That Can Copy A Fiberglass Product?

Have a couple of side boxes for my motorcycle that is rare and very expensive to purchase. Do not want to order a new pair, as mine has had some minor damage (cracks).

Is there a company in Thailand that can make copies of them in fiberglass / carbon, which are good and not too expensive?

Yes, there are many places to get this done, using regular resin, glass-fibre sheets to the high end carbon-fibre products. If you only want a one-off, then it will get pricey depending on the complexity on the part etc, as a negative will have to be made first, then molded around.

I have no idea where you are, but have a trip down to King Kaew road in Bangplee, (on the Theparak side), and you'll see numerous places

that are hand-molding and sheeting fibre-glass.

but have a trip down to King Kaew road in Bangplee, (on the Theparak side), and you'll see numerous places

Do you mean in Bangkok?

No, I wrote 'in Bangplee', which means ' in Bangplee'

but have a trip down to King Kaew road in Bangplee, (on the Theparak side), and you'll see numerous places

Do you mean in Bangkok?

So, where is Bangplee?

Do you mean in Bangkok?

Problem is its Bangphli

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Do you mean in Bangkok?

Problem is its Bangphli

Why is it so hard to explain where Bangplee or Bangphli is?

Do you mean in Bangkok?

Problem is its Bangphli

No, the problem is that it's "บางพลี". No English transliteration is standard.

In any case, it's in Samut Prakan, (สมุทรปราการ), near the airport.

Edited by Sateev

Not sure what you are calling sideboxes,

if they are the boxes that look like small suitcases then only making one set will be expensive

for each side you will probably need 3 molds , a left and right with flanges for the box and another for the top , and a matching set for the other side,

If its just something like a battery cover then it will just be a one sided mold.

I usually "hunt" around Chinatown and cannot remember any fiberglass places ,

there is one over behind National Stadium, , it has fiberglass car bumpers , wings , etc and I think make it there.

here are directions.....go down Sukhumvit past MBK , next big cross street there is a Lotus Tesco, turn left , go down to the next signal and turn right and its in the first 200 feet, if you get to Rama 4 you went too far ,

If you cannot find it let me know and I will try and get an address

BK

It's not hard, the easiest way would be straight down the Bangna-Trat, U-turn at the Tesco Lotus and then turn in King Kaew.The fibre glass places are all on the right, very close to the PTT gas station. There's about 4-5 of them, as I remember, making things from

helicopter bodies to small boats.

It's not hard, the easiest way would be straight down the Bangna-Trat, U-turn at the Tesco Lotus and then turn in King Kaew.The fibre glass places are all on the right, very close to the PTT gas station. There's about 4-5 of them, as I remember, making things from

helicopter bodies to small boats.

Thanks. Great info. I'm looking for a place to contract out some small boats. How far out Bangna Trat is King Kaew?

Edited by impulse