Suggested Nightlife Itinerary?

ivan96822

I am looking for information about the forum members' opinions on the best nightspots in Bangkok. I am wondering if anyone can provide a suggested itinerary of hot-spots to visit for a thirty-something farang?

I have already hit many places, including RCA, Club Insomnia, Club Climax, Bamboo Bar, Khao San Road, and numerous local watering holes in the Sukhumvit area. I have had mixed results with these establishments. Can anyone help out and suggest more places to go? Where is the best place to be on a Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday, etc.? Best spot to be for Friday and Saturday evenings?

My interests are simple: drinks, women, and fun. Obviously, too, I would prefer to be around women who are not ladies of the night. They are out there, I know it.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any insight from experienced Bangkok expats/frequent travelers.

You hit a lot of them already! Thonglor?

I'm heading that way soon...Which spots would you suggest in Thonglor? Cover charge? Dress code? Local nice girls or pirannha-like bar girls???

Thanks! Looking forward to your insight.

Edited by ivan96822

Anywhere open after official closing times will be packed to the rafters with prostitutes. The exceptions to this rule are Scratch Dog in soi 20, Wip 168 in Thonglor and Safe House in Ekkamai. Scratch Dog is 75% Thais but the other two are 98% Thai so there are very few, if any, hoes.

I'm sure that, having been to Insomnia and Climax, you'll already know that Thai DJs are utterly clueless about Western music and, consequently, they play anything that elevates cacophony above musical integrity reasoning that if it's loud, there must be something in there worth paying attention to. Having said that, if your primary interests are drink and women, that probably won't matter.

Thonglo's Demo, Muse, Nunglen and Escobar are packed with devastatingly pretty girls but they're young, fairly vacuous and most don't speak much English. For their slightly, bi-lingual and open-minded counterparts, try the bars in the boutique hotels around the better parts of town.

Also, try this site. Lots of reviews of clubs and bars away from the whore-mongering scene.