Dr Puchong, Eye Dr Used To Be In Nathon

One of my friends needs to see the eye dr and the best one used to have his office on the frontage road in Nathon, Dr. Puchong. The office has been closed for some time now (but since she didn't need an eye doctor before she never bothered to find out where he had gone) He was a doctor at the hospital, does anyone know if he just moved or if he is no longer practicing on Samui?

Was there this morning and seemed to be open.Certainly people in the waiting room for somebody.

Dr Puchong? She said last time she went to Samui looking for him it was closed and looked out of business. If anyone happens to swing by could they look and see if its the same guy? Shes got one of those white bumps on the eye, the kind that grows over the iris that so many local Thais get (wind and sun I understand)

Dr Ping, that Rooo mentions is the eye doc from Nanthon Hospital, but they seem to discourage us farangs from using him at the hospital... wink.png

I would say that he is a bit more than 500 metres from Tesco Chawang...(?)

There is a furniture store just before his evening and week end office... coming from Tesco... Same side.

No, she isn't going any time soon, not sure she feels comfortable going to someone she doesn't know and any doctor at Bkk Samui Hospital is out, she is local and doesn't really want to pony up the cash Bkk Samui hospital charges.

No, she isn't going any time soon, not sure she feels comfortable going to someone she doesn't know and any doctor at Bkk Samui Hospital is out, she is local and doesn't really want to pony up the cash Bkk Samui hospital charges.

If she is a local, she should not have a problem going directly to Nanthon Government Hospital, this doctor seems OK.... she'd pay the price the locals pay, surely?

More at his private clinic in Chawang....

It's the same as the doctor who does blood tests, he has a private "after hours" clinic... but will do tests at the hospital too for everyone....

True but she is local to Koh P, I heard the queues at the hospital can be quite long and with two small schoolage children doesn't have all day to sit in Nathon hospital.

True but she is local to Koh P, I heard the queues at the hospital can be quite long and with two small schoolage children doesn't have all day to sit in Nathon hospital.

Coming from KP would be a pain, I agree, but anytime I have used the Nanthon hospital you get there at 8 am and almost always out by Noon...(all tests done) regardless of the line up, it all runs very efficiently. thumbsup.gif

If one arrives for the afternoon session, it starts at 1 pm and done by closing... 4 pm I think, (not usually so many people..in afternoon, although, Avoid Mondays) I would suspect that the eye doctor may not be as busy as some of the other doctors...

Having had some eye problems myself last year, that could have turned quite bad, It might be better not to put off! I know Thai's tend to do that...... it's not always good! wink.png

Surely not that difficult to get the kids picked up from Skool and looked after for a while?

Edited by samuijimmy

Sign outside states opening hours as : Mon.-Fri. 0900-1700 Sat.-0900-1200 Sunday closed.

Telephone Number: 081-2736940

Thanks Susquosh, will pass it on.

Coming from KP would be a pain, I agree, but anytime I have used the Nanthon hospital you get there at 8 am and almost always out by Noon...(all tests done) regardless of the line up, it all runs very efficiently. thumbsup.gif

If one arrives for the afternoon session, it starts at 1 pm and done by closing... 4 pm I think, (not usually so many people..in afternoon, although, Avoid Mondays) I would suspect that the eye doctor may not be as busy as some of the other doctors...

Having had some eye problems myself last year, that could have turned quite bad, It might be better not to put off! I know Thai's tend to do that...... it's not always good! wink.png

Surely not that difficult to get the kids picked up from Skool and looked after for a while?

Husband works full time, mother in law cannot drive. Boats dont' run to the schedule of the hospital and if you miss the Nathon Songserm boat you have to pay to go to take the Hadrin boat, then pay to get to the pier in Thong Sala. Alternatively, pay extra for the Seatrans boat.

And she wants to see Dr Puchong. Not sure why thats so hard to understand, we all have doctors we trust. Thanks again to susquosh for making the effort and going to the trouble to find out the phone number for me, it is much appreciated

• 1 month later...

Dr Ping, that Rooo mentions is the eye doc from Nanthon Hospital, but they seem to discourage us farangs from using him at the hospital... wink.png

There is a furniture store just before his evening and week end office... coming from Tesco... Same side.

Hi, i have a small eye problem, a small infection i guess. I just went to the Dr Ping Eyec Clinic you're mentioning and the doctor office seems to be closed, any idea where the new office is?

I asked locals next door who told me opposite to Tesco, but i didn't see any eye clinic there... i asked opticians and pharmacy, they have no clue...

Hi, i have a small eye problem, a small infection i guess. I just went to the Dr Ping Eyec Clinic you're mentioning and the doctor office seems to be closed, any idea where the new office is?

I asked locals next door who told me opposite to Tesco, but i didn't see any eye clinic there... i asked opticians and pharmacy, they have no clue...

I have PM'd you ....

Surprised his office is closed, and he may have moved.... I don't know!

You might want to try the other Doctor Puchong, mentioned by susquosh (in above thread) Telephone Number: 081-273 6940 it looks like he has daytime hours... no idea where he is though....

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

OK finally found out today that Dr Ping has moved off the island... No longer at the Nathon hospital or his clinic, that was in Chawang.

Perhaps if SBK can post the name of the other doctor, you were looking for.... that might be useful for some of us ... Pretty please! SBK !

There will only be an eye doctor visiting Nathon Hospital periodically... next date is October 22.... Not that convenient.... (at least that is what they are saying, for the time being)....

Its in the title. Dr Puchong, and location is in the OP

Thanks SBK, I missed that! blink.png

I will check that out today... and post where he's located, once I find out...

Dr Puchong

Sign outside states opening hours as : Mon.-Fri. 0900-1700 Sat.-0900-1200 Sunday closed.

Anyone reading this thread, disregard the Dr Ping, that Rooo, or I posted... he's the guy who has moved on. wink.png

Its in the title. Dr Puchong, and location is in the OP

Thanks SBK, I missed that! blink.png

I will check that out today... and post where he's located, once I find out...

Dr Puchong

Anyone reading this thread, disregard the Dr Ping, that Rooo, or I posted... he's the guy who has moved on. wink.png

I have posted location of Dr Puchong Eye Clinic, under "tradesmen and services"

http://www.thaivisa....13#entry5740513

Very fast to get appointment... Hope that helps anyone who needs!