Poor Vote Record By PM Yingluck In May

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put it into context please. PMs in most countries don't have stellar voting records, mostly because of travel demands. Brit PMs, for example, average between 20-40% turnout in parliamentary votes... Blair got that down to 6% for periods. IN this case, we're looking a brief one-month period. We're foolish to be criticising her within such a short timespan. If I recall correctly, during May she was in the middle-east, Australia, and Singapore. Maybe China too? This is the life of a PM. But of course, people will take any chance they can to take a crack at her, and some will even stoop to outdated and unfunny sexist remarks....

• Like 2

Put it into context please. PMs in most countries don't have stellar voting records, mostly because of travel demands. Brit PMs, for example, average between 20-40% turnout in parliamentary votes... Blair got that down to 6% for periods. IN this case, we're looking a brief one-month period. We're foolish to be criticising her within such a short timespan. If I recall correctly, during May she was in the middle-east, Australia, and Singapore. Maybe China too? This is the life of a PM. But of course, people will take any chance they can to take a crack at her, and some will even stoop to outdated and unfunny sexist remarks....

I think Blair averaged 8% overall - so YL is actually doing better...

Your comparison with Blair is appropriate in the sense that he is now looked back on as one of the most wasteful, inept, deceptive and unpopular English PM's of all time. Even working-class Labour voters can't stand him.

Re; Yingluck, it is not only her lack of voting, it is the fact she doesn't attend Parliament unless its a special occasion. But perhaps more importantly in a parliamentary democracy, she does not engage in unscripted debates as a matter of course. Blair, rodentlike though he certainly was, attended PMQ's and stood there defending his policies in an unscripted and spirited manner. Yingluck has neither the conviction nor the debating skills to defend her party's scant policies, instead reading from scripts written by others, and ducking out of free-form Q&A whenever possible. She is one hundred percent out of place in a parliamentary democracy where open unscripted debate is the very lifeblood of the whole system, and is the only way to produce consensus and positive outcomes for the electorate.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

Yingluck Poppins?

"A spoon full of sugar" does fit the PTP agenda.

Little red riding hoodlum.

Snow Yingluck and the 7 criminals

Prime Minister of Thailand, get used to it, dem back door deals, the courts and the army permitting, you've got another 3 years to go.............

just another TVF dogmatic fun-fest thread. ;)

Next election after another coup possible this year, Mark will win again.

I think that making her and the rest of the PTP menagerie complete it's term would be far worse for them than a coup - that's why they are throwing stones at the constitution court and Democrat meetings like a bunch of savage chimps - to get the tanks to roll.

When all the promises fail - 300B minimum wage, graduates on 15,000B, tablet PCs for all students etc. etc. the people will see the truth.

When all the rice silos are full and the farmers can no longer sell rice, the people will see the truth.

If the rains come like last year then the Japanese will see the truth, hundreds of thousands of Thai jobs will be lost and the people will see the truth.

When all the amnesties have been handed out and all other governance abandoned, the people will see the truth

• Like 2

Next election after another coup possible this year, Mark will win again.

I think that making her and the rest of the PTP menagerie complete it's term would be far worse for them than a coup - that's why they are throwing stones at the constitution court and Democrat meetings like a bunch of savage chimps - to get the tanks to roll.

When all the promises fail - 300B minimum wage, graduates on 15,000B, tablet PCs for all students etc. etc. the people will see the truth.

When all the rice silos are full and the farmers can no longer sell rice, the people will see the truth.

If the rains come like last year then the Japanese will see the truth, hundreds of thousands of Thai jobs will be lost and the people will see the truth.

When all the amnesties have been handed out and all other governance abandoned, the people will see the truth

Thai courts are not man by kangaroos. Thai court always hold justice.

What is her Salary? Should be reduced to a percentage close to the percentage of times she voted, down to 3% of what it is, sounds fair.

I'm afraid her salary is but a fart in the bath of the concealed Shinawatra assets the dynasty holds

heard from a good source, that you can buy access to yingluck for a good price, if you want your company to be the winner of government contracts... they call this lobby-ing, not corruption

I think Blair averaged 8% overall - so YL is actually doing better...

Ye Gods! The girl gets a lots of kach thrown at her .... but being compared with Tony Blair is definitely a low blow! whistling.gif

heard from a good source, that you can buy access to yingluck for a good price, if you want your company to be the winner of government contracts... they call this lobby-ing, not corruption

Same in most countries, but Thailand has it in aces.

Your comparison with Blair is appropriate in the sense that he is now looked back on as one of the most wasteful, inept, deceptive and unpopular English PM's of all time. Even working-class Labour voters can't stand him.

Re; Yingluck, it is not only her lack of voting, it is the fact she doesn't attend Parliament unless its a special occasion. But perhaps more importantly in a parliamentary democracy, she does not engage in unscripted debates as a matter of course. Blair, rodentlike though he certainly was, attended PMQ's and stood there defending his policies in an unscripted and spirited manner. Yingluck has neither the conviction nor the debating skills to defend her party's scant policies, instead reading from scripts written by others, and ducking out of free-form Q&A whenever possible. She is one hundred percent out of place in a parliamentary democracy where open unscripted debate is the very lifeblood of the whole system, and is the only way to produce consensus and positive outcomes for the electorate.

ermm.gif

Blair was the PM of the UK, you have many times talked about the "English Parliament" which ceased to exist in 1707.

Have you ever watched PM's Question Time in the House of Commons? Nothing is unscripted, the PM, or in other debates, the appropriate Minister, has a sheaf of notes with answers researched and rehearsed well before the debate

Can someone check the math... in the 32 vote counts in May, the PM reportedly cast ballots in just 9.4%. If 32 vote counts (on how many "matters" is unclear) = 100%, then 9.4% of 32 = ? (how many times?). Would it be too hard to give a number?

ermm.gif

Blair was the PM of the UK, you have many times talked about the "English Parliament" which ceased to exist in 1707.

Hmmm.... terminology, in 1707 the English parliament by an act of union became the UK parliament, combining both England and Scotland, your inference that England has not had a parliament for over three hundred years is not only wrong, it is also misleading.

Have you ever watched PM's Question Time in the House of Commons? Nothing is unscripted, the PM, or in other debates, the appropriate Minister, has a sheaf of notes with answers researched and rehearsed well before the debate

The PM of the day is warned beforehand about the questions he may face and have chance to prepare for them, nothing more, I don't like Tony B Liar, but at least he had the balls to face up to it, every time.

• Like 2

England has a parliamentary democracy, with an parliament, parliamentary-questions and houses of parliament etc. Having lived in England since 1971, and studied politics/sociology at University there, I watched PMQ hundreds of times, and as anybody else who has watched it will know, Prime ministers and other MP's in the cabinet, have to answer questions by Opposition speakers as well as backbenchers and since nobody except the questioner knows what they are going to ask (beyond a basic topic title) - how can it be scripted as you say? In addition the question is responded to and then branches into other areas of related debate which the PM must speak on without scripts.

The sheaf of notes are numbers and facts and figures and points of order, for reference since most humans can not remember long lists of figures.

I realise you are deliberately misunderstanding my point for some reason, but you are infact wrong in your assertions. To defend the despatch box in PMQ takes quick-thinking, debating skills, intelligence and most importantly a solid understanding of the workings of politics. Blair had all those abilities, even though he was also a scoundrel. Yingluck has none of those skills or qualities, and that is why she avoids debate like the plague and she would survive less than a week in English debating chambers. But she doesn't even show up for work in parliament anyway except on special occasions, so her political ignorance and ineptitude are masked by silence.

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

In Australia, we have seen most states experiment with a female premier. At best, they have scraped in one election before a huge defeat. Federally, the current PM seems to ready to follow the trend.

England has a parliamentary democracy, with an parliament, parliamentary-questions and houses of parliament etc. Having lived in England since 1971, and studied politics/sociology at University there, I watched PMQ hundreds of times, and as anybody else who has watched it will know, Prime ministers and other MP's in the cabinet, have to answer questions by Opposition speakers as well as backbenchers and since nobody except the questioner knows what they are going to ask (beyond a basic topic title) - how can it be scripted as you say? In addition the question is responded to and then branches into other areas of related debate which the PM must speak on without scripts.

The sheaf of notes are numbers and facts and figures and points of order, for reference since most humans can not remember long lists of figures.

I realise you are deliberately misunderstanding my point for some reason, but you are infact wrong in your assertions. To defend the despatch box in PMQ takes quick-thinking, debating skills, intelligence and most importantly a solid understanding of the workings of politics. Blair had all those abilities, even though he was also a scoundrel. Yingluck has none of those skills or qualities, and that is why she avoids debate like the plague and she would survive less than a week in English debating chambers. But she doesn't even show up for work in parliament anyway except on special occasions, so her political ignorance and ineptitude are masked by silence.

If we are having a contest I lived in the UK from long before 1971 and for a long time thereafter. There is no English Parliament. Had there been the "West Lothian Question" would not have been such a cause celebre. Remember that? Tam Dalyell asking why he could vote on legislation that applied to England but, in the event of Devolution, English MPs could not vote on Scottish legislation?

Given your timescale you must remember that the Callaghan government was brought down on a no confidence vote because of an amendment requiring not a majority vote but a large percentage of the electorate infuriated the SNP who had until then supported them

Your opinion of what happens in PMQ is IMO naive; politicians rarely answer the question that is asked and that has been obvious in British politics both in the House and on television political programmes for decades. There is a legion of civil servants and political advisers whose remit is to provide evasive answers; I have met some of these people and they are very clever at deflecting

I have never offered an opinion on Yinglucks abilities; my post was merely to point out what I believed to be errors in your interpretation of events in my native land - completely off topic, of course

What is her Salary? Should be reduced to a percentage close to the percentage of times she voted, down to 3% of what it is, sounds fair.

I'm afraid her salary is but a fart in the bath of the concealed Shinawatra assets the dynasty holds

I have farted in baths before. It still stinks.

Edited by americaninbangkok