I'Ll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours.......

Hi there Monkeypants ... I think it's great that not only have you made a go of your venture, but you are now making a handsome profit.

On a personal note ... I'd love to witness all parts of your operation.

About sharing your personal details ... I can understand.

I have a thread going about my gf's parents Fish and Shrimp Farm and apart from one unsavoury comment ... all the feedback has been positive.

Share what you can ... many here, I am sure, would be interested ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn, just bought last month, just set the fence up.

IMG_1841.jpg

will do the fish pond soon, does anyone know how to start ?

do i need to clean all the fish in the pond first?

becos i have no idea what is in the pond.

Yeah...think you have to get all the snakeheads out first....and any bones of neighbours or bad debtors.

you can fish for them using frogs as bait, plenty of frogs this time of year,

They are very eatable, down our way 100 baht per kilo,

I doubt you will ever get rid of all the snakeheads, they have thousands of babies, of course most get eaten by other fish, for me it's about controling the numbers

For the pond, how do i get all the snakehead out from the pond?

My gf Parents run a Fish Farm, but it's been in production since Adam was in short pants.

From what I have read elsewhere, most people in your situation poison the pond.

If no-one replies you here in the next few days, maybe PM to ozzydom.

ozzy started his Farm when Adam was in long pants and if he hasn't done it ... he will know a man (or woman) who has.

Great posting ^^ and some handy lens work also ... thumbsup.gif

Dare I ask what the +++ and ++ is ... or just leave it to my imagination?

The Lady in the Pond is?

Does the restaurant use your local product?

All that water and no mention of any fish being grown ... blink.png

Great set-up you have there judging from the photos.

Great posting ^^ and some handy lens work also ... thumbsup.gifPanasonic Lumix DMCTZ11 biggrin.png

Dare I ask what the +++ and ++ is ... or just leave it to my imagination?

+++ = Bar, pool table, swimming pool - ++ = some fruit/vegetables I don't remember the name of. tongue.png

The Lady in the Pond is? the owner/manager/wife rolleyes.gif

Does the restaurant use your local product? some smile.png

All that water and no mention of any fish being grown ... blink.pngfish in some of our ponds and in the river, but no serious farming at the moment

Great set-up you have there judging from the photos. more photos on web site in my profile wink.png

Edited by bergen
  • Like 1

Hi there Monkeypants ... you are a different breed of bird to most that post here.

A serious, full scale high through put operation.

I warmly encourage, half twisting your arm to open a separate thread and share with us what you can about your operation.

Personally I would fascinated to read what you contribute.

it is a serious operation as you say.

Our turnover for 1 cycle of chickens which is approx 36 days is 1.2 mil baht

So yes quite serious, looking to put up another chicken shed, well it should have been last year, but probably next year now.

Nett profit on this is around 120,000 to 140,000 baht per cycle, which is net net, money in pocket.

• Like 1

Monkey Pants,

At last you return. Every now and then I think of those that have had the temperature raised too high by some PRAT and have stopped posting. God knows it happens to most of us. Hope all is well, would love to visit one day.

To everyone else, doubt he is going to post any more pictures. Just leave it at that and take up the invitation if you can.

IA

You are of course referring to to andycrosby (the prat) and khonwan (who has stopped posting) whom I do hope will return at some stage

"The Prat" mmm as they say, it takes one to know one.

AC has more farming knowlege in his little finger than you will ever have. Maybe a bit abrasive but only to fools.

it is a serious operation as you say.

Our turnover for 1 cycle of chickens which is approx 36 days is 1.2 mil baht

So yes quite serious, looking to put up another chicken shed, well it should have been last year, but probably next year now.

Nett profit on this is around 120,000 to 140,000 baht per cycle, which is net net, money in pocket.

Good, good ... 10% net return per cycle (approx) and that works out to be a 100% net profit per year.

That wouldn't take into account the capital cost to set up ... but impressive figures in any case.

Definitely a case for a separate thread !

Just saying like ...

The view from my kitchen also.

Guess you don;t get as many snakes and other strange creatures wandering in as we do. Jim

Sadly not,I am very jealous of some of the fantastic pictures and stories this particular thread has provided over time,one day I may be in a position to undertake such a task as some of you have of buying some land and giving it go,a great thread and some great success stories,good luck to all of you in your farming quests here in Thailand.

The growing cycle as said is aprox 36 days

Then you must allow for down time after the chickens have gone, for clear out, and cleaning, and by Thai law, the minimum downtime is 15 days, to enable thorough cleaning.

In reality you get 6 turns per year.

• Like 1

Well Just nipped out to Jothams farm,

It is literally 10 minute drive away from our farm.

He has a lot of stuff going on, its very diversified, and looks great, plenty of land, no neighbours, an absolute dream.

And to top it off he's a really nice chap.

• Like 1