Chuwit Demands Urgent Crackdown On Bangkok Gambling Den

webfact

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chuwit has made plain statements that he is against police corruption after being forced to pay millions in bribes in his former business. His past actions have backed those statements. Why is it surprising that The Shinawatra clan gets a mention when one of them is the Chief of Police and another is alleged to be in the illegal gambling business?

Chuwit paid bribes to keep his illegal prostitution business running... police corruption exists because of the likes of Chuwit!

You painting him as a poor innocent businessman being forced to pay bribes is either incredibly naive or deliberately deceitful. Which is it I wonder Mick?

If he wasn't engaged in an illegal enterprise he wouldn't have had to pay anyone to keep quiet, why? Because there would have been nothing for anyone to keep quiet about!!!

You seem to miss the point that without those seeking to conduct illegal enterprises and paying whatever it takes to achieve their aims, there would be no corruption.

For one who likes to give off the impression of being a crusader for justice (at least when it comes to obssessing over one man/ family) you are incredibly selective in your reasoning to the point of being totally blinkered.

1/ it is against forum rules to modify my post - please desist.2/ I was being neither naive or deceitful, and it is well understood that Chuwit's former business was illegal. He has now ceased trading in that business and is an MP, certainly more respect-worthy than some of the violent criminals sitting on the government bench.3/ It takes 2 to tango, and he has handed in his dance card. Obviously the BIB are still on the dance-floor. There is no indication that his claims are false, so why do you persist in denigrating the man when he is pointing out obvious corruption.4/ I will declaim corruption wherever I see it. This case is all the sweeter when it targets 2 of my favourite subjects. But keep trying to switch the focus, even if it doesn't work.

Good luck with #!. In this forum it happens to me almost every other post. Although a lot of people here don't even bother to quote actual posts. Does anyone working for the BIB actually follow the chain of command? You would think he could afford to buy a couple of cops.

all i'm asking is if you think his issue and goal is 'gambling' or 'thaksin'

and i'm satisfied with what you've answered just now, that you didn't insult your own intelligence and can see the reality.

cheers.

When Chuwit did this a few months ago, it was all about Thaksin too, wasn't it?

yeah i seen it, still doesn't answer whether you think this about his genuine concern on the plight of gambling in thailand whistling.gif or is it an attempt to sling mud at thaksin and ptp...

I see it as mainly a way for Chuwit to get his mug on the cover of newspapers, and it's working. I don't think he really cares much about whether gambling is going on in Bkk, given his sordid track record of running less-than-legal businesses there.

He's rather like the US Bible thumper, who preaches loudly against all sorts of sins, who then, each evening, goes to his private life - immersed in the types of things he rails against from the pulpit.

yeah i seen it, still doesn't answer whether you think this about his genuine concern on the plight of gambling in thailand whistling.gif or is it an attempt to sling mud at thaksin and ptp...

I see it as mainly a way for Chuwit to get his mug on the cover of newspapers, and it's working. I don't think he really cares much about whether gambling is going on in Bkk, given his sordid track record of running less-than-legal businesses there.

He's rather like the US Bible thumper, who preaches loudly against all sorts of sins, who then, each evening, goes to his private life - immersed in the types of things he rails against from the pulpit.

I wonder what Chuwit's bible is?

I wonder what Chuwit's bible is?

The same sort of 'bible' most politicians adhere to: with psalms dedicated to self-gratification, tons of money (irregardless of how its gotten), mia noi, whiskey drinking, debauchery, lying to everyone, paying servants a pittance, .....shall I go on?

Say what you like, he has got balls.

Or has a personal vendetta?

Or, perhaps, he is so convinced of his value that he sees himself as the only one who can make Thailand right?

Everything he does is a media event without anything substantive coming out of the events. He has the authority to bring people before his committee on police oversight, yet he has not yet done so? Why's that? Why has he never made a formal complaint? If he has the "balls" to make public statements when cameras and media are around, why not actually try and make a difference by offering a sworn statement and asking for a charge to be laid?

Because he knows it is useless.

Chuwit has made plain statements that he is against police corruption after being forced to pay millions in bribes in his former business. His past actions have backed those statements. Why is it surprising that The Shinawatra clan gets a mention when one of them is the Chief of Police and another is alleged to be in the illegal gambling business?

Chuwit paid bribes to keep his illegal prostitution business running... police corruption exists because of the likes of Chuwit!

You painting him as a poor innocent businessman being forced to pay bribes is either incredibly naive or deliberately deceitful. Which is it I wonder Mick?

If he wasn't engaged in an illegal enterprise he wouldn't have had to pay anyone to keep quiet, why? Because there would have been nothing for anyone to keep quiet about!!!

You seem to miss the point that without those seeking to conduct illegal enterprises and paying whatever it takes to achieve their aims, there would be no corruption.

For one who likes to give off the impression of being a crusader for justice (at least when it comes to obssessing over one man/ family) you are incredibly selective in your reasoning to the point of being totally blinkered.

1/ it is against forum rules to modify my post - please desist.2/ I was being neither naive or deceitful, and it is well understood that Chuwit's former business was illegal. He has now ceased trading in that business and is an MP, certainly more respect-worthy than some of the violent criminals sitting on the government bench.3/ It takes 2 to tango, and he has handed in his dance card. Obviously the BIB are still on the dance-floor. There is no indication that his claims are false, so why do you persist in denigrating the man when he is pointing out obvious corruption.4/ I will declaim corruption wherever I see it. This case is all the sweeter when it targets 2 of my favourite subjects. But keep trying to switch the focus, even if it doesn't work.

thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Careful now - he will go running to the Mods if you are not careful and immediately agree with his muddled logic.

Chuwit has a bad bad past but the moment he was hung out to dry by the people he had been paying to protect him he had a simple choice. Die (he would have been killed) or being the worm that turned and fight them. He kept a record of every official be it politician / copper... everyone that partook in his particular offering. It is a fair bet that the majority of males in politics, the police, the Army etc are all on his books somewhere from using his service as well as getting paid from it. So, he cleaned up his act, said if he dies or is fitted up, he will release all the details tearing asunder all of the HiSo families who pretend that the Patriarch of the family is not out whoring every night. I equate him to an ex smoker sitting in the pub talking about why it is bad to smoke and how much better life is now that he has quit. Just because he is being a hypocrite, does not mean that the message is wrong, has no value, and is not a benefit to those listening.

He's a dead man walking though. He knows it. So he should be applauded for doing what ever he can whilst he awaits his "accident".

• Like 2

He is not a dead man walking. He has so much dirt on the police , the ranking policemen must wake up each morning terrified he will have an accident that looks like a hit. Then all his dirt will be released by Chuwit's unknown document holder..... I think that gambling is major part of " police" income. So he is taking on some pretty serious targets here. Cannot help but think he is doing it with some backing from some high people...This is possibly a shot over the bow of Thaksin supporters, in essence a bit of a warning...

1/ I sincerely apologise for bolding a single word in your otherwise untouched quoted post. Good distraction from the points raised and totally irrelevant.

2/ So you agree, no one forced Chuwit to get involved in this illegal enterprise which involved him paying bribes to police to hide his illegal activities and prevent his prosecution. That was simply a lie you put out to make your post more convincing. Seems to have worked to, the man's done extremely well from it to the point that he's been able to retire.

3/ I have only pointed out the man's past. I guess the fact he has made billions of baht from an illegal enterprise is fine as long he says, I've stopped now, now I'm a good guy. No assets seized, no punishment, let's just forgive and forget. By the same token if Thaksin came back and said you know what I'm a reformed character, let's all just get along you'd become a staunch supporter of his? Or if an armed robber said hey I'm done robbing banks, I'm keeping the money I stole but will now start doing charity work, all would be forgiven, eh?!

4/ Clearly not true, you selectively apply it only when it supports your political leanings as evidenced by your postings on TV.

He's a dead man walking though

So is Thaksin. Maybe Chuwit should do like Thaksin did during his cuddly meet-and-greet in Laos this year, and hand out thousands of full-face rubber masks of his own face to confuse potential hitmen.

cheesy.gif

Edited by Yunla

He is not a dead man walking. He has so much dirt on the police , the ranking policemen must wake up each morning terrified he will have an accident that looks like a hit. Then all his dirt will be released by Chuwit's unknown document holder..... I think that gambling is major part of " police" income. So he is taking on some pretty serious targets here. Cannot help but think he is doing it with some backing from some high people...This is possibly a shot over the bow of Thaksin supporters, in essence a bit of a warning...

He is a dead man walking for this very reason. As soon as one of these paranoid gits start to seriously belief they are going down because of him, he will be topped.

Careful now - he will go running to the Mods if you are not careful and immediately agree with his muddled logic.

Chuwit has a bad bad past but the moment he was hung out to dry by the people he had been paying to protect him he had a simple choice. Die (he would have been killed) or being the worm that turned and fight them. He kept a record of every official be it politician / copper... everyone that partook in his particular offering. It is a fair bet that the majority of males in politics, the police, the Army etc are all on his books somewhere from using his service as well as getting paid from it. So, he cleaned up his act, said if he dies or is fitted up, he will release all the details tearing asunder all of the HiSo families who pretend that the Patriarch of the family is not out whoring every night. I equate him to an ex smoker sitting in the pub talking about why it is bad to smoke and how much better life is now that he has quit. Just because he is being a hypocrite, does not mean that the message is wrong, has no value, and is not a benefit to those listening.

He's a dead man walking though. He knows it. So he should be applauded for doing what ever he can whilst he awaits his "accident".

When you insult everyone that disagrees with your plan to exterminate half of Thailand expect the Mods to delete your rantings.... you may have noticed they deleted my replies to your crazed slurs too. I notice the overwhelming support you received on that thread!!! Not one to bear a grudge eh?!

A better analogy for Chuwit would be a mafia boss, who facing conviction turns super grass in return for immunity. His past deeds are forgotten, his criminal proceeds left alone, while he selectively gives evidence to convict his enemies, paving the way for his friends to do business unhindered.

What a hero, what a message this man has for the people, a true role model for the children of Thailand, ramming the point home to all that Thailand is a haven for criminals, a land where you can make millions in illegal activities and not only escape prosecution but become a public figure and politician off the back of your illegal exploits.

<snip>

A better analogy for Chuwit would be a mafia boss, who facing conviction turns super grass in return for immunity. His past deeds are forgotten, his criminal proceeds left alone, while he selectively gives evidence to convict his enemies, paving the way for his friends to do business unhindered.

What a hero, what a message this man has for the people, a true role model for the children of Thailand, ramming the point home to all that Thailand is a haven for criminals, a land where you can make millions in illegal activities and not only escape prosecution but become a public figure and politician off the back of your illegal exploits.

Would you prefer he not say / do anything?

• Like 2

1/ I sincerely apologise for bolding a single word in your otherwise untouched quoted post. Good distraction from the points raised and totally irrelevant.

2/ So you agree, no one forced Chuwit to get involved in this illegal enterprise which involved him paying bribes to police to hide his illegal activities and prevent his prosecution. That was simply a lie you put out to make your post more convincing. Seems to have worked to, the man's done extremely well from it to the point that he's been able to retire.

3/ I have only pointed out the man's past. I guess the fact he has made billions of baht from an illegal enterprise is fine as long he says, I've stopped now, now I'm a good guy. No assets seized, no punishment, let's just forgive and forget. By the same token if Thaksin came back and said you know what I'm a reformed character, let's all just get along you'd become a staunch supporter of his? Or if an armed robber said hey I'm done robbing banks, I'm keeping the money I stole but will now start doing charity work, all would be forgiven, eh?!

4/ Clearly not true, you selectively apply it only when it supports your political leanings as evidenced by your postings on TV.

1/ Good - don't do it, especially as a nitpick to change the topic. 2/ Nobody forced him into an illegal enterprise, but plenty of people are FORCED to make illegal payments to police to stay in business in both legal and illegal enterprises. 3/ Chuwit was involved in an illegal business in which both customers and workers were voluntarily involved. If you can't pick the difference between that and government corruption or armed robbery, that is your problem. 4/ I have made many posts decrying police corruption, especially police making extrajudicial penalty pronouncements which allow rich perpetrators to walk without any criminal conviction. 5/ My friends call me Mick. You can call me Mr.Oz or preferably my full name.

• Like 1

<snip>

Would you prefer he not say / do anything?

I'd prefer he didn't make this a massive publicity stunt deliberately for his own benefit while offering up a pretence of being an anti-corruption vigilante. If he really wanted to strike out against corruption he wouldn't engage in this dramatic display and courting of the media, who we all know are hardly impartial in Thailand.

Do you really think he isn't selectively giving information to achieve his own aims?

1/ Good - don't do it, especially as a nitpick to change the topic. 2/ Nobody forced him into an illegal enterprise, but plenty of people are FORCED to make illegal payments to police to stay in business in both legal and illegal enterprises. 3/ Chuwit was involved in an illegal business in which both customers and workers were voluntarily involved. If you can't pick the difference between that and government corruption or armed robbery, that is your problem. 4/ I have made many posts decrying police corruption, especially police making extrajudicial penalty pronouncements which allow rich perpetrators to walk without any criminal conviction. 5/ My friends call me Mick. You can call me Mr.Oz or preferably my full name.

1. Topic remains unchanged. Bolding a word in your post to highlight your deliberate twisting of the facts didn't effect the topic.

2. Starting an illegal enterprise and making illegal payments to keep it "above the law" was Chuwit's own decision. No one forced him to a life of crime. Don't paint him as a victim the man's a billionaire through prostitution.

3. Really, are you sure? Not according to some of his former workers. Unfortunately they didn't have the same level of funds to engage private lawyers to properly represent them. They were trying to swim against the tide of corruption while Chuwit swims with it.

4. In a blatantly selective and biased fashion, much like a blinkered carthorse, unable to see what's happening all around them because they are so focused on their end goal. The family you obsess about, the sacrificial lamb that has been offered up to absolve the guilt of hundreds of similar characters and families, many more sinister that you choose to ignore.

5. You can call me the Scarlet Pimpernel if you like, but again it's irrelevant to the points raised!

• Like 1

When you insult everyone that disagrees with your plan to exterminate half of Thailand expect the Mods to delete your rantings.... you may have noticed they deleted my replies to your crazed slurs too. I notice the overwhelming support you received on that thread!!! Not one to bear a grudge eh?!

Very poor analogy (even for you) unless you are comparing him to a mafia boss being extorted by the mafia. He ran a series of business interests that regardless of the fake "uuuurgghh this does not happen in Thailand" responses from the politicians and moral high ground tools, is patronised, supported and owned by most of the people that look down on it - bunch of hypocrites. To run this business, he handed over millions of baht each month to the same people who show moral outrage on the outside whilst at night wetting their johnsons in the girls that worked for him. They relied on his businesses to influence the Japanese, French, Italian, you name it, nationalities to get business. It got to the point where he was about to be killed having been arrested by one of the people who were extorting his money (guess he wanted more black money than Chuwit would give, or were after the big prize, a few Billion in confiscated assets) so he went public. You don't know what you are talking about, and I hope you have never drunk a beer in a bar with working girls there of banged a bar girl because if you have, you have, you are just as big a hypocrite.

No matter what his past is, he is having an impact and actually fighting for something good; something by the way that no other Thai politician is seriously trying to confront. Regardless of anything in his past, this should be applauded and anything contrary is myopic ramblings.

Poacher turned Gamekeeper. All throughout history there has been no better way to combat a crime and no matter which country you come from, this method is used all the time.

I'd prefer he didn't make this a massive publicity stunt deliberately for his own benefit while offering up a pretence of being an anti-corruption vigilante. If he really wanted to strike out against corruption he wouldn't engage in this dramatic display and courting of the media, who we all know are hardly impartial in Thailand.

Do you really think he isn't selectively giving information to achieve his own aims?

How does he benefit from this? What are "his own aims"?

He selectively gives out information because he can't name names.

• Like 1

Very poor analogy (even for you) unless you are comparing him to a mafia boss being extorted by the mafia. He ran a series of business interests that regardless of the fake "uuuurgghh this does not happen in Thailand" responses from the politicians and moral high ground tools, is patronised, supported and owned by most of the people that look down on it - bunch of hypocrites. To run this business, he handed over millions of baht each month to the same people who show moral outrage on the outside whilst at night wetting their johnsons in the girls that worked for him. They relied on his businesses to influence the Japanese, French, Italian, you name it, nationalities to get business. It got to the point where he was about to be killed having been arrested by one of the people who were extorting his money (guess he wanted more black money than Chuwit would give, or were after the big prize, a few Billion in confiscated assets) so he went public. You don't know what you are talking about, and I hope you have never drunk a beer in a bar with working girls there of banged a bar girl because if you have, you have, you are just as big a hypocrite.

No matter what his past is, he is having an impact and actually fighting for something good; something by the way that no other Thai politician is seriously trying to confront. Regardless of anything in his past, this should be applauded and anything contrary is myopic ramblings.

Poacher turned Gamekeeper. All throughout history there has been no better way to combat a crime and no matter which country you come from, this method is used all the time.

Sorry your post is complete drivel. Using your latest analogy Chuwit should be handing out condoms to sex workers and offering advice on HIV and how to protect against it... not trying to get in the media at every opportunity to fulfill his own ambitions which lets face it have nothing to do with corruption, they have everything to do with the leverage of power and control.

Sorry your post is complete drivel. Using your latest analogy Chuwit should be handing out condoms to sex workers and offering advice on HIV and how to protect against it... not trying to get in the media at every opportunity to fulfill his own ambitions which lets face it have nothing to do with corruption, they have everything to do with the leverage of power and control.

How is "police taking payments to keep casinos open" NOT corruption?

lol - I did not put up an analogy of my own. Or are you thinking about the ex-smoker one? Poacher turned gamekeeper analogy basically; used to do something, now tries to fight against it.

So explain how my post is drivel? Explain what part of my post is not factually correct? Explain why you believe that you myopic impressions of life should be accepted as fact by everyone.

Poacher turned game keeper. Explain why that is bad? Every religion in the world says a man can change; the prison systems the same. Seems to me that every post you make is "complete drivel".

@OzMick - he does the BOLD trick all the time. I guess he thinks that by putting something in BOLD will ensure we accept that his words should be believed as fact. Personally I see it more as insecurity, like the guy in a meeting who starts to shout just because everyone else dismisses him as knowing nothing.

lol - I did not put up an analogy of my own. Or are you thinking about the ex-smoker one? Poacher turned gamekeeper analogy basically; used to do something, now tries to fight against it.

So explain how my post is drivel? Explain what part of my post is not factually correct? Explain why you believe that you myopic impressions of life should be accepted as fact by everyone.

Poacher turned game keeper. Explain why that is bad? Every religion in the world says a man can change; the prison systems the same. Seems to me that every post you make is "complete drivel".

@OzMick - he does the BOLD trick all the time. I guess he thinks that by putting something in BOLD will ensure we accept that his words should be believed as fact. Personally I see it more as insecurity, like the guy in a meeting who starts to shout just because everyone else dismisses him as knowing nothing.

It should be pointed out that China prisons have the death penalty and use it frequently. so I guess not every Chinese person changes. Isn't Chuwit Chinese?

How is "police taking payments to keep casinos open" NOT corruption?

Clearly it is, my point being is that really Chuwit's main motivation, to stamp out corruption?! There's a fair bit of evidence to suggest otherwise...

Please, believe what you like, take the controlled media portrayal of the man anyway you like, I can't force anyone to think critically... that's up to each individual to do for themselves.

Edited by Ferangled

I'm not getting into it with you, you have proven again and again there is no point. You are incapable of rational thought and will call black white if it suits your position. Let alone changing your position as you go, making any exchange totally devoid of merit.

Some here are capable of holding a view at polar opposites with others and still debating it sensibly... you I'm afraid are clearly not. Let's just agree to disagree Pseudolous, before you drag us down to your level and start another slanging match.

I'm not getting into it with you, you have proven again and again there is no point. You are incapable of rational thought and will call black white if it suits your position. Let alone changing your position as you go, making any exchange totally devoid of merit.

Some here are capable of holding a view at polar opposites with others and still debating it sensibly... you I'm afraid are clearly not. Let's just agree to disagree Pseudolous, before you drag us down to your level and start another slanging match.

Some here are capable of having a point of view. Others jump against them, never express clearly what they believe of think, and then spin around in circles all the time protesting that other people are daft. Just state clearly for the membership here what you actually believe. A simple yes or no to the following statement is all it willtake;

"I believe that because Chewit was a pimp before, we can not trust anything this man now does and always suspect that he is more interested in self publicising himself as opposed to doing something right, and fighting corruption. On this basis, nothing he ever says or does is of value to this country".

Yes or no. Is this your stance?

And as for your "I'm not getting into it with you, you have proven again and again there is no point" comment; correct. There is no point trying to smudge topics, spin around (hurling snide comments most of the time) not being in a debate but preferring to scorn others who do and expect me to take you seriously. Because I don't. Never will. Until you prove that you actually you have something to say that makes sense in relation to the topic at hand.

Edited by Pseudolus

It should be pointed out that China prisons have the death penalty and use it frequently. so I guess not every Chinese person changes. Isn't Chuwit Chinese?

Irrespective of the nationality of himself or his ancestors, we aren't in China, so not relevant at all.