PM Yingluck Urges All Parties To Receive Court Verdict Calmly

webfact

PM urges all parties to receive court verdict calmly

image_201207121541257A598C7A-B91A-505E-4A5237DBE57B7794.jpgimage_201207121633517A898E14-C476-264D-AB8F869337B73FC3.jpg

BANGKOK, July 12 -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Thursday counselled all parties to stay calm on the eve of the Constitution Court verdict on the constitutionality of the charter amendment bill Friday, asking the public not resort to violence and act within legal limits.

"I don't want the people to worry too much (over the ruling) as it won't do any good." Ms Yingluck said.

She said the government is duty-bound to continue working and asked all parties including the red shirts to wait for the court decision.

"Any move should be within the legal framework. Don't resort to any violence. Eventually, (I) believe all sides should be able to talk to each other as we are all Thais," the premier stated.

The Constitution Court, after finishing two days of witness testimony last Friday, said that the court would deliver its verdict tomorrow at 2pm.

The judges will rule whether the bill to amend Article 291 of the Constitution contravenes Section 68.

The opposition claimed the ruling Pheu Thai Party’s move to amend Article 291 to set up a drafting committee is tantamount to an attempt to topple the constitutional monarchy.

Pheu Thai list-MP and United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) co-leader Korkaew Pikulthong on Thursday urged the red shirt supporters not to rally at the court on Friday when the justices give their verdict.

At the moment, Mr Korkaew said, he has no clue regarding the identity of the person who used community radio to encourage the red shirt supporters to gather at the court.

He urged the red shirts not to fall prey to such an ill-intentioned person who might want to stir up disturbances.

After the verdict is given, the UDD core leaders will hold a news conference at 6pm to announce their position, he said.

Meanwhile, opposition Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said he believed the Constitution Court justices would adhere to legal principles and impartiality.

He also urged the government to act against any group which threatens to seize the judges if they think that the ruling is not appropriate.

The Metropolitan Police Bureau deployed three companies of police to provide security and to keep order at the Constitution Court. Police reinforcements are possible depending on the situation as the national police chief ordered 13 companies of police to be ready to provide security.

The court staff used portable metal fences to block the entrance of the court. No vehicles are allowed to park inside the metal fence and gatherings are prohibited at the compound.

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapa said the military is ready to reinforce police to cope with situation after the court ruling. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-07-12

"I don't want the people to worry too much (over the ruling) as it won't do any good." Ms Yingluck said.

and

"Any move should be within the legal framework. Don't resort to any violence. Eventually, (I) believe all sides should be able to talk to each other as we are all Thais," the premier stated.

What a childish comment to make.

Her speech reminds me of Alice in wonderland....

And why is she running away to Hun Sen house?

Maybe he has a large one.

w00t.gif A large....wat???

Yep, Preah Vihear is a large Wat that she frequents often. She medidate's hotel excursions and excuses not to perform.... not only in hotels, but in the big 'What?' too........ as she doesn't know the answers to Wat? :)

-mel. ;)

The more time that goes by since Jeng's and now Korkeaw's incitement to violence against the judiciary while Yingluck and the remainder of the supposed government do nothing just reinforces my belief that they are not fit to govern.

• Like 1

anyone get the feeling she already knows its gonna go her way ?

Hope you are right..........

Here I have to disagree with you, philw. Strictly speaking it would be incorrect and probably even illegal for anyone but the judges involved to know what the verdict will be. For the PM to 'know' would suggest the Constitution Court is not acting independently, but in cohort with the government. Now that's enough for us red-shirts to get really angry about rolleyes.gif

anyone get the feeling she already knows its gonna go her way ?

Hope you are right..........

Here I have to disagree with you, philw. Strictly speaking it would be incorrect and probably even illegal for anyone but the judges involved to know what the verdict will be. For the PM to 'know' would suggest the Constitution Court is not acting independently, but in cohort with the government. Now that's enough for us red-shirts to get really angry about rolleyes.gif

pastry box....someone need a pastry box?

• Like 1

and

What a childish comment to make.

Her speech reminds me of Alice in wonderland....

What do you have issue with? The translation, the cultural differences in speech or a leader calling for acceptance, calm and rational response from all sides regarding a highly charged court decision.

more the mental differences.....

What is amazing is that the bangkok supposedly elite is panicking, and Yingluck is supposedly so above it all. How times change.

Isn't there any faction in ptp that can be locked in a room and bought off?

blink.png

PTP have all already been bought off to a man by Thaksin. That's how the party formed, a collection of old-school elite politicians bought off by a billionaire.

The only reason they are planning to change to constitution is so they can return 46 BILLION Baht to Thaksin, that's a hell of a big pay day to share around with his supporters. The factions of PTP are all in their locked rooms already, salivating at the thought of the payday they are about to receive if things go their way. All of PTP will have their turn at the trough once Thaksin gets back the money he stole from the Thai people.

As for Yingluck being 'above' it all, it is a farce. She is Thaksin's velvet glove to cover the iron fist that will be used if things don't go his way. Sweet words from Yingluck, death threats and promise of civil war from his red goon squad.

• Like 2

What is amazing is that the bangkok supposedly elite is panicking, and Yingluck is supposedly so above it all. How times change.

blink.png

PTP have all already been bought off to a man by Thaksin. That's how the party formed, a collection of old-school elite politicians bought off by a billionaire.

The only reason they are planning to change to constitution is so they can return 46 BILLION Baht to Thaksin, that's a hell of a big pay day to share around with his supporters. The factions of PTP are all in their locked rooms already, salivating at the thought of the payday they are about to receive if things go their way. All of PTP will have their turn at the trough once Thaksin gets back the money he stole from the Thai people.

As for Yingluck being 'above' it all, it is a farce. She is Thaksin's velvet glove to cover the iron fist that will be used if things don't go his way. Sweet words from Yingluck, death threats and promise of civil war from his red goon squad.

They aren't old school elite, they are mainly isaan country bumpkins. I had to laugh the other day because unknown to me, the speaker of the parliament dad was my wifes family pooyai at my wedding and all he had was a big cassava factory, a penchant for knee capping drug dealers, and a dodgy soon willing to still his soul for a buck.

Go look at chumpae now. unrecognizable.

Edited by Thai at Heart

blink.png

So true but little do they realise that once Thaksin has what he wants his loyal redshirts and PTP member will be toss away like yesterdays toilet paper replaced by the club and class 10. They wont see a satang of his regained fortune and all disidents will be labled drug dealers and end up facedown in a klong or in the Bangkok Hilton,

They aren't old school elite, they are mainly isaan country bumpkins. I had to laugh the other day because unknown to me, the speaker of the parliament dad was my wifes family pooyai at my wedding and all he had was a big cassava factory, a penchant for knee capping drug dealers, and a dodgy soon willing to still his soul for a buck.

They may pretend to be country bumpkins but they are not. The Speaker of Parliament has been an MP for over 20 years and has a master's degree in engineering from Chula and extensive business conections. He was the vice speaker of Parliament way back in the 90s when he was a member of the New Aspiration Party. Thaksin's rise to power was by co-opting the existing power structure that already had political control in the northeast provinces, and getting them to join his party instead of fighting for dominance among themselves. He didn't bring in a bunch of country bumpkins who suddenly won elections, he bought the old MPs and brought them in to his party. Some of the MPs were Democrats back in the 90s until bought by Thaksin. There are a few country bumpkin types as part of the party list MPs, ones who can whip up a crowd, but most are part of the existing power structure and they are the ones with real power. These feudal style politicians must be continually be bought and appeased or risk defection like what happen with Newin.

'"Any move should be within the legal framework. Don't resort to any violence. Eventually, (I) believe all sides should be able to talk to each other as we are all Thais," the premier stated'... just before boarding a plane to Cambodia

• Like 1