Anyone Use Airbnb.Com In Thailand?

MrHammer

Just wondering about using Airbnd instead of staying in a hotel next time I am visiting. It seems to be very similar to Couchsurfing in that you can see who you're renting from and you rate each other as hosts and customer. Looks like there's some good deals to be found on apartments. Just booked 3 nights in a very nice Pattaya condo for little $80 all together. Btw, there's a $25 discount if you book through a referral link.

I am actually also considering if this could be worth doing as a condo owner in Thailand. As I understand it, you're automatically insured up to $50,000 or so if you rent out your apartment through their service. I could totally see this taking off in many other countries, but don't know about Thailand since hotels are such good value here (but price going up).

Edited by lopburi3
referel links removed

Yes, airbnb is great for the simple fact that you can get real life user comments before reserving and being able to check-in and confirm the ad before payment is made to the host.

on the other end, it does help to "rent out" your properties provided you're willing to rent out short term. Be aware though that the host insurance is not available in Thailand. you should require a security deposit through the website. Many guests are more willing to do this because the website acts like a third-party escrow service and feel less likely to be cheated by unscrupulous hosts/landlords.

you will get a hotel for 500 to 600bth a night in nakula but have to haggle condos no good miles away from nakula mabey near sex land south pattaya ,if on holiday dont be mean ok say 600tbth room,ok fill the fridge with whiskey n thai beer 1000tbth food 100baht in english restrant ps when away i only eat scrambled egg or soup,plus mabey 5,000 for drinking out plus a bar girl but not worth it as you wont do anything till you wake up the next day,better get up a cup of cha and then a short time one.

clap2.gif

I have used AirBnb when staying with my family in Bangkok. I think for a regular room, by ones self you don't need. But for a 3 bedroom Condo it worked out quite well for us.

Point taken, when you need something out of the norm it can be difficult to find through normal channels. The Holiday rentals section of Trip Advisor used to be good for private rentals still it started getting colonised by con artists like Admiral Suites finding another way to sell their ludicrously overpriced accommodation with fake reviews.