Guild Wars 2

MunterHunter

Doh - change your mind much? :P

OK - IoJ it is then - if the guild is as good as you say it is... do they have a webby or anything?

By the way - there are free server transfers for a limited time at launch - so its not really a big deal if you roll on the wrong server at the start, just make sure we all get aligned and on the right server in the end.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you haven't seen the info don't forget to keep opening the client pre-launch......it keeps periodically updating the files.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ping at the moment Marc0. If you have 'gamebooster' that can sometimes help to run things a bit more smoothly.

I will probably join the IoJ server along with quiksilver and MunterHunter.

So is the LoJ server working good from Thailand? I'm still in the US and made a char there which is fine but want it to still run OK when back in Pattaya in Oct.

We dont have any in-game ping/latency coutners that i am aware of, but playing this weekend (mostly PvE but a little PvP) i have not found any real latency problems, the game felt smooth and fluid in Bangkok.

Was 'launch' weekend, and apart from the servers having a problem Saturday night, its been really smooth and trouble free launch :)

Man that's great to hear. The game is really beautiful! I'm amazed at the skills depth and also the environments are just jawdropping in places. I haven't been this overwhelmed by a new MMO for quite awhile. Really happy to hear yall are connecting good in Thailand too!

Can also confirm things on IoJ are positive. A few bugs here and there but with the servers just coming online Saturday that's nothing too bad. I don't seem to be experiencing any latency and there hasn't been any lag when in large groups.

Great game, having fun smile.png

I think most people have downloaded the digital version rather than had a boxed version delivered. You can get this direct from the GW2 Official site. It is a lengthy download but well worth the wait :-)

Are you trying to use a credit/debit card from your own country ? If so, then it may be blocked from particular transactions (in Thailand) for security reasons and you would have to inform your bank to release the security measure.

If you can't buy it from the official site you can buy a code from pcgamesupply.com or similar sites, in the end that comes down to the same thing at the same price. Many people couldn't buy it from the official site because of their security check.

Doh - change your mind much? tongue.png

OK - IoJ it is then - if the guild is as good as you say it is... do they have a webby or anything?

By the way - there are free server transfers for a limited time at launch - so its not really a big deal if you roll on the wrong server at the start, just make sure we all get aligned and on the right server in the end.

Just moved to IoJ, u guys still on it?

Cheers,

Basch

Edited by Basch

Yes we are on IoJ with a guild called "Southern Cross" - although i havent logged in for almost a week as i have some urgent stuff going on at work which eats my free time right now - i hope to try get on this weekend for a bit tho :)

IoJ seems to have heavy population, which is good with regard to Public events popping up, but not so good when it comes to queues for WvW or PvP

Oh, the official site is selling the gmae again i believe, they temporarily disabled it to help try and control population etc but its back now i read.

Yes we are on IoJ with a guild called "Southern Cross" - although i havent logged in for almost a week as i have some urgent stuff going on at work which eats my free time right now - i hope to try get on this weekend for a bit tho smile.png

IoJ seems to have heavy population, which is good with regard to Public events popping up, but not so good when it comes to queues for WvW or PvP

Oh, the official site is selling the gmae again i believe, they temporarily disabled it to help try and control population etc but its back now i read.

Ok. How can I find you?

As for the sales, they have indeed been halted to keep the gaming experience fun for existing players and now they are selling it again but I think JohanBKK had probs also before that due to their security check so buying a code outside of the official page should be the best solution.

Cheers,

Basch

Does anyone know of a shop in Pattaya to buy GW2 from? I don't have a credit card to pay online.

I don't. You could try and call NADZ, they ship by EMS but seems they are sold out(their site is not always up-to-date so you can ask them, I'd call, those shops are not good with mails):

http://www.nadzproject.com/product.detail_160754_th_4868213

Gaming Oasis are ok too:

http://www.tarad.com/_tarad/_templates/b/_modules/gotolink.php?aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nYW1pbmctb2FzaXMuY29t

Not sure if they have it though, can't find it there but the guy is ok and can also get PC games( I know him from back when he still had a store at MBK)

Cheers,

Basch

Does anyone know of a shop in Pattaya to buy GW2 from? I don't have a credit card to pay online.

I don't. You could try and call NADZ, they ship by EMS but seems they are sold out(their site is not always up-to-date so you can ask them, I'd call, those shops are not good with mails):

http://www.nadzproje...0754_th_4868213

Gaming Oasis are ok too:

http://www.tarad.com...mctb2FzaXMuY29t

Not sure if they have it though, can't find it there but the guy is ok and can also get PC games( I know him from back when he still had a store at MBK)

Cheers,

Basch

Thanks for the info. Did some more digging and got a K-bank card to get pay-pal to get the game. Complicated, but should be worth it. Seems folks favour IoJ and 'Southern Cross', so I will have a look at that. But after playing PC games offline for years, this is my first MMO.... hope it works out.