Race Chip Installed In My Isuzu Mu7 Today, But Problem.

dagling

Race chip installed in my Isuzu MU7 today, and followed the instructions carefully.

Happy and satisfied I am looking forward to a little test ride. I noticed no appreciable difference, and noticed a light in the dashboard. (see picture, marked red).

After taking out the manual (Thai) and found the symbol, I asked my wife about what this meant. Was told that it meant "Check the engine".

I disconnected Race Chip, and the icon disappeared.

Anybody have some idea, or is it normal that this symbol appears at the installisjon Race Chip?

Race Chip is purchased from www.racechip.de

post-84957-0-00640700-1342868745_thumb.j

The dials inside the chip are at the wrong setting or your unlucky with a faulty chip. Disconnect the chip and run with the green light bridge first. This will tell you if the wiring loom is OK. Remove the two screws on the chip and remove cover. With the two dials on top of the printed circuit note the settings that the arrows point at. Email racechip for the correct settings.

For the engine problem light to come on there is a fueling problem.

• Like 1

The dials inside the chip are at the wrong setting or your unlucky with a faulty chip. Disconnect the chip and run with the green light bridge first. This will tell you if the wiring loom is OK. Remove the two screws on the chip and remove cover. With the two dials on top of the printed circuit note the settings that the arrows point at. Email racechip for the correct settings.

The green light bridge is OK.

Glad to see you're back in 'town'! (Now I know what the 'Check Engine' light icon looks like in our MU-7!)

The correct factory dial settings are: 9 (left side dial) - B (right side dial).

My MU-7 ran well at this initial setting.

Edited by thailoht

Glad to see you're back in 'town'! (Now I know what the 'Check Engine' light icon looks like in our MU-7!)

The correct factory dial settings are: 9 (left side dial) - B (right side dial).

Cheers mate, I will try those setting tomorrow. Will let you know if this fix the problemsmile.png

I just open up the box, and the setting is the same as you mention above. Hmmm?sad.png

I just open up the box, and the setting is the same as you mention above. Hmmm?sad.png

ฺำBefore you have rucks with racechip, back off the dials 2 clicks and see what happens. If the engine is OK then you can experiment with different settings. One of our guys did have a faulty chip. sad.png .

ฺำBefore you have rucks with racechip, back off the dials 2 clicks and see what happens. If the engine is OK then you can experiment with different settings. One of our guys did have a faulty chip. sad.png .

Uh-oh!......I sure hope TransAm's suggestion works out. I would be a shame if you happen to have a Racechip with a faulty board!

Yeah... What a shame. The problem is that the original packaging at home in Norway, took too much space in your suitcase. But have the manuals. If I send it in return, I must pay for shipping and import tax when the new arrives Thailand;-(

Yeah... What a shame. The problem is that the original packaging at home in Norway, took too much space in your suitcase. But have the manuals. If I send it in return, I must pay for shipping and import tax when the new arrives Thailand;-(

....same here: I brought my chip here w/o the packaging hoping it would work when I installed it.

2Unique installed the 9,000 baht HTC Speedway ECU chip in his MU-7. It may(?) even be technically better than the Racechip!

I see on racechips website they are selling an upgraded chip called the "Ultimate", its a whopping 479 Euros or in real money 372 GBP (approx). From the pics and data, it is considerably bigger than the other two racechips, and only a 1% power gain for 250 Euro's more than the racechip pro.

Any views??.

http://www.racechip....-4D-3189-r.html

....same here: I brought my chip here w/o the packaging hoping it would work when I installed it.

2Unique installed the 9,000 baht HTC Speedway ECU chip in his MU-7. It may(?) even be technically better than the Racechip!

At Hi-Tech they also told me the automatic set up of the MU7 has been known to cause problems that don't happen with the manual D-Max which the majority of chips are designed for. I had to pay an extra 1,500 baht for them to modify the fuel delivery set up.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

I see on racechips website they are selling an upgraded chip called the "Ultimate", its a whopping 479 Euros or in real money 372 GBP (approx). From the pics and data, it is considerably bigger than the other two racechips, and only a 1% power gain for 250 Euro's more than the racechip pro.

Any views??.

Would it make my Kobota hug the bends better?

Any views??.

Would it make my Kobota hug the bends better?

anyone with better Thai can call http://www.hitechcarshop.com/product_05.html and ask how they install and the extra part.

Got the following email from Race Chip, and this solved the problem;-) smile.png

"Please open the chip and change the settings to:

Rotary switch 1 (left) to position “8”

Rotary switch 2 (right) to position “8”

Please test this settings within a testdrive."

Got the following email from Race Chip, and this solved the problem;-) smile.png

That is amazing!

The 9-B settings have certainly worked for me right out-of-the-box. Maybe these are the settings for that other (lower powered) 3.0L engine.

Which year and model MU-7 do you have?

Try the 8-8 settings and see what happens....I may try it, too, tomorrow.

That is amazing!

The 9-B settings have certainly worked for me right out-of-the-box. Maybe these are the settings for that other (lower powered) 3.0L engine.

Year 2012, MU7 Choiz

That is amazing!

Year 2012, MU7 Choiz

We do have the same models and Mu7 engines and I'm glad you got your racechip to work!

Still though, my curiosity is aroused as to why your racechip functions at the 8-8 setting and everyone else's at 9-B setting. Maybe you have a different (newer upgraded?) version of the chip, or, a case of the company 'CYA' about something(?)

Do you have any thoughts about this?

Edited by thailoht

That is amazing!

Year 2012, MU7 Choiz

We do have the same models and Mu7 engines and I'm glad you got your racechip to work!

Still though, my curiosity is aroused as to why your racechip functions at the 8-8 setting and everyone else's at 9-B setting. Maybe you have a different (newer upgraded?) version of the chip, or, a case of the company 'CYA' about something(?)

Do you have any thoughts about this?

Tell me if I'm wrong these chip are the same for ever make of diesel the only difference is the plug connection and you have to connect your own settings. There is no way this company is testing these on the diesel engines available. It might work on 8-8 but what difference does it make power wise. People have connected these and later found it wasn't connected correctly but said it was working I think it's the mind over matter effect. I would suggest buy in Thai where they have experience and do testing and racing on the track.

The chips are all the same with different harnesses for a particular ride but the dials are set at factory for that particular ride. When l bought mine it ran great but engine cut out, found the dials settings were the wrong way round sad.png.

But, l did fool around with different settings, and all settings make a difference, some better, some worse. I finally ended up with the recommended setting which makes the thing fly from around 1800rpm, which is great for overtaking quickly. smile.png

The chips are all the same with different harnesses for a particular ride but the dials are set at factory for that particular ride. When l bought mine it ran great but engine cut out, found the dials settings were the wrong way round sad.png.

.....if all the chip sets are mfg the same yet Dagling's chip doesn't function on his engine at the recommended settings but at another setting (a setting that the chip mfg knew enough to recommend), leads to the conclusion that ? .

But, l did fool around with different settings, and all settings make a difference, some better, some worse. I finally ended up with the recommended setting which makes the thing fly from around 1800rpm, which is great for overtaking quickly. smile.png

The factory settings on my racechip gives me the same result.

• 3 months later...