Sending A 20Ft Container Chiang Mai To Europe

HansBlinkers

this month sea freight to Europe is around 2,000 USD for a 20ft +/- 200 USD depending on port. Will probably increase next month as it has for the previous 6 months.

PM me if you need more details.

Do you have info. from Europe to Chiang Mai?

this month sea freight to Europe is around 2,000 USD for a 20ft +/- 200 USD depending on port. Will probably increase next month as it has for the previous 6 months.

You beat me to it, was about to ask this. Could you share any prices that get pm'd

Make sure to check with a local import agent every single item you wish to import and assure yourself that he has checked. If you want to import household goods, it might be a big, big deal and hard to find an import agent. Once the container has arrived in BKK, you will have to pass customs and any delay of missing import permits (rug? books? radio? etc...) will cost you money daily in demurrage charges, container rent, fines, etc. It might be that you have to ask for import permits for certain items in three different government offices in BKK and it might take up to one month to obtain them.

I am telling you because of my own painful experience with customs in BKK and my container is stuck for one month now.

Prices for shipping from Europe to Thailand have gone up by 30% and you need to reserve the transport on the vessel 30-60 days in advance.

Make sure to check with a local import agent every single item you wish to import and assure yourself that he has checked. If you want to import household goods, it might be a big, big deal and hard to find an import agent. Once the container has arrived in BKK, you will have to pass customs and any delay of missing import permits (rug? books? radio? etc...) will cost you money daily in demurrage charges, container rent, fines, etc. It might be that you have to ask for import permits for certain items in three different government offices in BKK and it might take up to one month to obtain them.

I am telling you because of my own painful experience with customs in BKK and my container is stuck for one month now.

Prices for shipping from Europe to Thailand have gone up by 30% and you need to reserve the transport on the vessel 30-60 days in advance.

Thank you No1 for your advise.

You beat me to it, was about to ask this. Could you share any prices that get pm'd

PM sent.