Det Udom . Beer And Idle Banter .

onionluke

Hello ,

I will be catching up with a few local fellows at the Fat Lady Bar outside Det Udom Tesco on thursday 26 at around 4 of the afternoon clock . She has the coldest beer in town , Leo mostly . See ye there ..

Turn left onto the main road as you leave the thursday market outside Tesco , It is the 3rd or 4th shack on the left .

I would love to join you, but having been away working without any leave since last November and still having no date from my boss for when I can escape this part of the world it will be impossible. I crave to visit an open air beer bar, but in this part of the world it is just a dream

I am sure you will enjoy yourself without me, but say Hi for me to anyone joining you.

Will see what I can do, pity it was not today as wife went to Det for an all day beauty make over. It's one off her birthdays. Is there a hotel near by, staggering distance or how far is it to a nice place that the wife and kids will be happy to stay. Do you know the one with the pool, that would be a clincher as I would tell the kids swimming and they would not let up on her until we went. Jim

That bar would only be a few kms from the Monteera resort (one with the pool) I would think James. The resort would actually be a nice place to chill with a few cold ones as well.

Good timing there, I have already got your blog on the place up. Showed the wife and more importantly the kids. Day off from school and a pool. Think I will be having a few in Det tomorrow. Wife has to phone to see the prices, but if not too expensive will be there. I always have to get 2 rooms as the Aunt or MIL has to come to help take care of the kids. Jim

Just an update on the resort, great. Pool was clean, the woman owner said she had problems maintaining it and had hired a guy who knows how to take of of the pools

. Kids spent 4 hours it it yesterday and 5 hours today. Price for a room with 2 king sized beds 700 Baht. Food was good and farang friendly not to hot.

Sad to say I once again disgraced the proud drinking tradition of Australia by being drunk under the table by a jock, but it's a 10 round event, still 8 to go. Will be in training Luke

Just an update on the resort, great. Pool was clean, the woman owner said she had problems maintaining it and had hired a guy who knows how to take of of the pools

. Kids spent 4 hours it it yesterday and 5 hours today. Price for a room with 2 king sized beds 700 Baht. Food was good and farang friendly not to hot.

Sad to say I once again disgraced the proud drinking tradition of Australia by being drunk under the table by a jock, but it's a 10 round event, still 8 to go. Will be in training Luke

So you had mine as well since I left early whistling.gif Will try and time it better next time and go for the whole event.

Good to meet you Luke, and the other new (and "old") faces as well! biggrin.png

Buster Bloodvessel and Bad Manners played at our UK National Hashers weekend in '97. Boy can that guy drink - the following morning he was still going strong, sprawled on straw bales and surrounded by admirers and dead copycats and box-loads of empty spirit bottles. I watched him down one in about 5 minutes (and this was 10am). The band, who were booked only for one evening session, had played 4 hours, but he stayed all the next day and following night! He slept in situ at the bar for a couple of hours.

Never ever try to take him on! He'll never die, just fade into a pickled jelly and dissolve away. He has died a couple of times, subsequently to be resurrected amid reports of internet hoaxes

[Would have loved to attend, but only flew back to Thailand that night. Next time]

Edited by SantiSuk

Buster Bloodvessel and Bad Manners played at our UK National Hashers weekend in '97. Boy can that guy drink - the following morning he was still going strong, sprawled on straw bales and surrounded by admirers and dead copycats and box-loads of empty spirit bottles. I watched him down one in about 5 minutes (and this was 10am). The band, who were booked only for one evening session, had played 4 hours, but he stayed all the next day and following night! He slept in situ at the bar for a couple of hours.

"Bugle" is the word that springs to mind!!