Transsexual Accused Of Theft From Belgian Arrested By Pattaya Police

Rimmer

Transsexual accused of theft from Belgian arrested by Pattaya Police

PATTAYA:--Pattaya Police have arrested a transsexual accused of stealing a suitcase from a Belgian Tourist containing credit cards and luxury wrist watches.

Police Colonel Pantanna, Acting Pattaya Police Chief held a press conference at Pattaya Police Station on Thursday to announce the arrest of Khun Natdanai aged 45 who is accused of stealing the suitcase from a room at the JV Place Apartments in Soi Beokeow, South Pattaya on 22nd July.

The suspect was reportedly invited to take part in a foursome with the Belgian, (named removed due to a TV member having the same name) aged 56 and when Mr. Heeffer fell asleep Khun Natdanai confesses to stealing the bag and its contents and later spent 5,000 Euros on his credit card.

Full story:pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2012-07-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

A crime is a crime and the perpetrators should be punished - but I sure hate the way the criminals are paraded for the camera's and the local press - before conviction and in an obvious state of distress, in this case.

A crime is a crime and the perpetrators should be punished - but I sure hate the way the criminals are paraded for the camera's and the local press - before conviction and in an obvious state of distress, in this case.

I think media parades serve 2 purposes .

One being the achievement of police and

Two as a way of punishment for the purpetrator, loss of face and public humiliation .

Two as a way of punishment for the purpetrator, loss of face and public humiliation .

OK but two points: punishment should follow conviction, not suspicion of a criminal act.

Secondly, how many developed nations practise public humiliation of offenders / suspects ?

Even criminals are human beings and deserve some respect IMHO.

OK but two points: punishment should follow conviction, not suspicion of a criminal act.

Secondly, how many developed nations practise public humiliation of offenders / suspects ?

Even criminals are human beings and deserve some respect IMHO.

Only the perp has already confessed to the crime, re-read op again .

Conviction for theft like this would be a slap on the wrist and they know it

I say som nam na to the Belgian. Any 56 year old that invites a 45 year old ladyboy for a 3-some deserves to be robbed. It should actually be expected.

I say som nam na to the Belgian. Any 56 year old that invites a 45 year old ladyboy for a 3-some deserves to be robbed. It should actually be expected.

Check your reading glasses - it was a foursome according to news report - the mind boggles eh w00t.gif

When are shop owners going to check the name and signature on credit/debit cards???

How can a Thai person even use and sign the transaction slip on a foreign owned card boggles the mind...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

I do not think most people in Thailand are familiar with "chargebacks" so for shop owners, it does not make any difference as they believe they made money.

Also a huge number of shop staff do not read english so they have no idea whose name is on the card, coupled with the fact that they could not care less.

Few years ago, i gave my card to GF and sent her shopping, she had no problems making all the purchases and the card was Mr, while she was Miss.

Yet one time Tops gave me really hard time because the signature did not match, even though at the time i had shoulder surgery(right hand) so had to use left hand to sign.