Find Insurance ( I Have No Work Permit )

HappyDude

Hi , i try to find insurance but all compagny ask me for a work permit and will not accepte me if i dont have one ...

I have a thai wife , thai , married visa , and i am making some online work at the moment and cant have this work permit .. I was really closes to have a car accident today and this was a wake up call for me ! i want insurance !

Best regars .

HappyDude

What sort of insurance are you looking for?

I don't know of any companies that insist on work permits for general insurance.

Life insurance might be different.

Accident ... this is my first time so i am not well inform !

Just want to be safe in case of car accident etc ...

What sort of insurance are you looking for?

I don't know of any companies that insist on work permits for general insurance.

Life insurance might be different.

Accident ... this is my first time so i am not well inform !

Just want to be safe in case of car accident etc ...

As madmich said, no work permit is required. Only life insurance requires work permits. This is because it is a financial product.

I have just got a years BUPA health insurance which includes accident cover and I am only on a tourist visa. AIA would only accept me if I had a non-immigrant visa but no mention of work permit.

Think it was 9000B for the year and quite helpful as I have already needed a night stay in hospital for sickness and dehydration which would have cost me 5500Baht itself! smile.png

Hi,

It is true that some companies reject expat's application particularly for PA but, for health ins, work permit is generally not mandatory.

For PA, have you tried AXA?

If form mentioning occupation, you can simply put either "early retirement" or "currently seeking for work".

May I ask which company does bother you about work permit? Sometimes I feel the work permit is treated as their bible!

Tony ermm.gif

I have just got a years BUPA health insurance which includes accident cover and I am only on a tourist visa. AIA would only accept me if I had a non-immigrant visa but no mention of work permit.

Think it was 9000B for the year and quite helpful as I have already needed a night stay in hospital for sickness and dehydration which would have cost me 5500Baht itself! smile.png

How did you get BUPA for 9000? PM if you like.