Roi Et Or Buriram....Just For A Visit..

Thighlander

Santisuk has obviously not stayed in Buriram or Roi-et or he would know both towns are crap.

On the general level, crap perhaps (have stayed Roi-et 3 times), but doth not equal absence of cheap beer, women (I have deleted my stereotype as to likely racial origin) and hotel. I was assuming OP was applying the cheap epithet to all three facilites.

Good beer, stunning women and quality hotel - nah, we are at one, Sorted!

OP - if you want a nice resort in Roi Et (a bit more expensive than the usual grot box) try the one about half a click beyond the Eastern Ring Road on the Yasothon Road, opposite the big gas station. No good if no car.

Edited by SantiSuk

I'm in KK and pretty happy with it. 10 thb per kg laundry, 230 thb hotel, grrreat food (cheap). I am very disappointed in the western nightlife scene. Saturday night at 10:30 a farang/thai owned bar could not deliver a cold leo! I'm glad I said ying-ying because she didn't open it and let me check it out. Thanks but no thanks. Found a great thai place with four large for 200, but it is very informal and is lacking on the slut side of things. A couple of the night clubs were way crowded and the music was way too loud. I haven't paid a bar fine in 6 years.....if a girls only skill is sitting at a bar/selling her body, then that really doesn't turn me on. I did do some dating on the Beach Rd. a few weeks ago. Cheers.

I'm in KK and pretty happy with it. 10 thb per kg laundry, 230 thb hotel, grrreat food (cheap). I am very disappointed in the western nightlife scene. Saturday night at 10:30 a farang/thai owned bar could not deliver a cold leo! I'm glad I said ying-ying because she didn't open it and let me check it out. Thanks but no thanks. Found a great thai place with four large for 200, but it is very informal and is lacking on the slut side of things. A couple of the night clubs were way crowded and the music was way too loud. I haven't paid a bar fine in 6 years.....if a girls only skill is sitting at a bar/selling her body, then that really doesn't turn me on. I did do some dating on the Beach Rd. a few weeks ago. Cheers.

Most bamboo bars and small karaokes in Isaan do not operate on the same business model as beer bars and clubs in your falang resorts/cities. . More than that I cannot say (for fear of mod retribution). Layowta khun!

Can you Pm me with this hotel for 230 baht please mate.

Yes santisuk as u said on a general level they are crap thats what i mean,crap as to other places on the map.

Sounds like you've had some bad karma mate. Hope you have found your own nirvana in Thailand! Personally I'd be equally happy in Roi Et for a night as BKK, Pats, Phuket. Different strolkes I guess. {2 nights plus? na - that would be one of the other three I guess!}

Roi Et is a nice little city and very clean.

There was not much there as far as night life goes last time I was there.

If you do get there though, check out The White Elephant pub and resturant.

It really is a top place at least I thought so.

I have their card around here somewhere if you want the phone number but you can probably Google.

They can possibly give you some ideas on hotels ect.

Just a thought.

KK is a mega city in comparison.

I was in Roi Et 2 weeks ago - I am a 27 year old Male, I am told I am a "handsome man", but they are probably just taking a guess at the size of my wallet.. but seirously..

Roi Et was great, it has a huge night food market, a better range than many places. I got a lot of attention, maybe because of my age, most guys my age are too busy catching HIV in Pattaya to notice Roi Et. I went there to buy a Khaen, but really enjoyed the place. I stayed at Petcharat Garden Hotel, 600thb a night or so. Complimentary breakfast and a really nice swimming pool.

I like to walk, and had to walk probably 2-300m from the main area inside the moat to get to civilsation, though there are a lot of beer bars along the stretch, they mostly appear to cater to Thais. I did not go out in Roi Et, I was not looking for company.

Dont get lost, the city can be very confusing as it is in a circular shape and has two bodies of water, do not confuse the two. I did, and found myself giving up finding my way home and spend 2hrs playing basketball with the local kids to vent my frustration.

No transport after dark that I could see, so make sure you have your snake in the hole before that time unless you have your own moto.

Most guys my age busy catching H I V in pataya  this guy hasn't been in Thailand long

The girls in pataya are checked on a regular basis ( mostly) then they go home to there Thai boyfriend in the sticks enough said !!!!!!

Steve,

Thanks for the reply, even if mildly arrogant. I have been coming to Thailand since I was 19 years old, I am now 27. I spend at least 3 months of every year in Thailand, in various places but mostly in Bangkok and Udon Thani.

Are younaware of the doctor that can give a clean bill for std and hiv within 30 minutes? I can assure you that even someone with an std or HIV could get a stamp from this particular clinic ;-) land of smiles, land of illusions. I know of this doctor because I do not judge my friends by their chosen profession, a few of my friends do work in the scene.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Fair enough it was arrogant of me to assume you where new to Thailand sorry for that but even though I take your point about the H I V papers not being up to date the fact remains that after living here in Thailand for 34 years i have seen or heard of dozens of people dieing of aids and none of these to my knowledge have been pataya workers mostly it's Thai men visiting brothels then passing it on to there wives or girl friends who then pass it on themselves

Given the choose of unprotected sex with a pataya worker or a ordinary girl picked up in a club or disco up country I would choose the pataya girl every time

Fair enough it was arrogant of me to assume you where new to Thailand sorry for that but even though I take your point about the H I V papers not being up to date the fact remains that after living here in Thailand for 34 years i have seen or heard of dozens of people dieing of aids and none of these to my knowledge have been pataya workers mostly it's Thai men visiting brothels then passing it on to there wives or girl friends who then pass it on themselves

Given the choose of unprotected sex with a pataya worker or a ordinary girl picked up in a club or disco up country I would choose the pataya girl every time

Hi Steve,

Yes I have heard and read this type of thing too, though these days would be more cautious of someone I met on the street, particulalrly in areas such as Sukhumvit. Word from a few friends is that all that ICE trafficking and dealing money from the men of the dark continent now gets partially kicked up to the street workers, and even a few go go girls. Friends tell me they are often willing to pay a premium, understanding that they perhaps are not the preferred client. As the statistics show, both unprotected sex and transmission rates are or are around the highest on their home continent.

In my opinion, this same group is the single biggest threat not only in this respect, but a wider range of issues in Bangkok ranging from minor immigration crimes to the well organised Black Mafia which controls drug distribution and prostituion of their native women. Thoug, the Bangkok Police are too busy shaking down businesses and other everyday people to realise how they have lost control of the streets because of their inability to adapt to the changing environment.

I did visit Surin during July, I must say you are so lucky to have so many beautiful and nice ladies there, they (from what I saw) are much happier and more respectable than most I have met in the Kingdom. And your night market is great, particularly the pad thai stall with the katoey chef, really excellent :-)

Sorry to go OT.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App