Best Condo In Thong Lor Area ?

Looking to buy a 130 - 200 sq meter, higher floor, view etc.

Was wondering what Condo building in the Thong Lor area is considered the best.

Any suggestions?

Always thought Icon III was one of the nicest buildings. Built in 1994 (I think) but still looks good. In a nice part of Thonglor near that new "Playground" place. If you want something new, there are 2 new developments right next to it, Noble Ora (just finished) and the Height (almost finished). Not sure they would be a better option than Icon III though - Noble doesn't compare that well considering its brand new while the Height looks quite spectacular but think most units will be relatively small. Unfortunately, however, they may inhibit the views from some of the units at Icon III which would previously have been fantastic from higher floors.

Looking to buy a 130 - 200 sq meter, higher floor, view etc.

Was wondering what Condo building in the Thong Lor area is considered the best.

Any suggestions?

Always thought Icon III was one of the nicest buildings. Built in 1994 (I think) but still looks good. In a nice part of Thonglor near that new "Playground" place. If you want something new, there are 2 new developments right next to it, Noble Ora (just finished) and the Height (almost finished). Not sure they would be a better option than Icon III though - Noble doesn't compare that well considering its brand new while the Height looks quite spectacular but think most units will be relatively small. Unfortunately, however, they may inhibit the views from some of the units at Icon III which would previously have been fantastic from higher floors.

Horses for courses, but I think Noble Ora is a nice project with good touches (I've had a good look round) and seems to be going around THB60- 65,000 m2 on the resale market which is around half the price of the new "Hi So" buildings near the river and Sathon, etc. Can't comment on ICON III, and think the HEights may be slightly too close to the main road....

For what it's worth, I agree that Icon III is the pick of the Thonglor area. It's a well-established, well-maintained building of real qualitity with an excellent staff and a nice lobby. If similar experiences around town are any guide, the newer buidlings in the neighborhood will cut corners to try and skim a few more baht for their developers and end up falling well short of the same standard.