Truevisions Olympic Coverage.

PostmanPat

If its that good why do they change sports when they r about to finish.... example the tennis federrer today and everyother fking sport

Got to agree them changing from one event to another, right in the middle is pretty frustrating. But, I got to give them credit - I have so many channels I can watch the Olympics. Kudos to True for lots of coverage.

youtube working great for me. yea, it's not in 720 or 1080 because it pauses on occasion at those res. so what 480 is fine. i have every live event and every past event right there available instantly. can open up multiple events at once as well. nice if you want to catch live tennis and judo at the same time.

Edited by happysanook
  • Like 1

If its that good why do they change sports when they r about to finish.... example the tennis federrer today and everyother fking sport

Well, I dont know what youre watching but I watched the Federer/ Del Potro match right to the end, in HD....and every other event I have watched plays to its conclusion, Tennis, Cycling, Hockey, Swimming, Weightlifting, etc etc etc.....seems like some people just want to have a knock, even by telling blatant lies!!

The Federer game WAS shown to the end, I watched it!!!

• Like 1

Thats a blatant lie!! I watched the Federer match right to the end in HD......as I have every other event........other than things that go on for hours, everything I ve watched has played to a conclusion.

Maybe youre True and my True are different, or maybe you need to concentrate a bit!!

• Like 1

Not a summer Olympic fan, but last night I flip flopped through at least 8 True channels, some in HD, covering recorded and live events. There is nothing anyone should complain about. There will be people complain about True no matter what they do because people thing their needs should be priority over the other subscribers.

I agree True is doing a good job on coverage. I disagree about the best opening ceremony to me I was very disapproved and bored with it. The LA Olympic opening ceremony was so mjuch better. I still think NBC did a excellent job covering the Olympics. But of course they coverage mostly USA events and other big events, but who would want to watch anything else.

Agree, Postman dude. I don't recall having this much Olympic coverage anywhere, even in the USA. 7 to 8 channels with 7 to 8 different events, 3-4 on HD, all the time. Pretty much every obscure event that you can imagine. If anything, there might be a little too much. Wouldn't mind seeing a MLB game occasionally....but that's ok. We only get these games every four years. Good job Truevisions!

I agree True is doing a good job on coverage. I disagree about the best opening ceremony to me I was very disapproved and bored with it. The LA Olympic opening ceremony was so mjuch better. I still think NBC did a excellent job covering the Olympics. But of course they coverage mostly USA events and other big events, but who would want to watch anything else.

The LA Olympics was hated by those who took part and known as "The Corporate Games", top heavy with Coca Cola sponsorship and very impersonal. All I remember of that opening ceremony is hundreds of Grand Pianos and men with Jetpacks zooming around!!

I guess you are American, Nowhereman, after all, everything that comes out of the USA couldnt possibly be bettered by anyone else, could it!!!

• Like 1

The LA Olympics was hated by those who took part and known as "The Corporate Games", top heavy with Coca Cola sponsorship and very impersonal. All I remember of that opening ceremony is hundreds of Grand Pianos and men with Jetpacks zooming around!!

I guess you are American, Nowhereman, after all, everything that comes out of the USA couldnt possibly be bettered by anyone else, could it!!!

Obviously you haven't been to France or Thailand lately if you think America holds the trump on this type of attitude.

So True

I have to agree and give TRUE credit for their coverage

Have 3 HD channels and 5 TRUE sports channels with Olympics on them

Granted sometime the channels are showing the same event

It is great that even in the morning when you wake up you can just flip

on the boob tube and watch more events that you might have missed

So True

I was being sardonic, Nowhereman, and yet as usual American arrogance takes the day. Have you ever really thought about why your Country is so disliked across the World?

In True's defense they cannot be held responsible for what the free OTA Thai channels do with the programming, like cutting away from events, say at 18:00 ;). And True is basically re-spraying whatever they are getting from ESPN/Star and adding little or no value, except perhaps some Thai commentary.

I do like that you can add the Olympic channels, or any obviously, to your Favorite list (red button: FAV) and then step through just those (FAV ZAP) with the blue button.

Now children, put away the barbs over each other's countries. Is it no wonder, if you've followed TV posts, that countries can't get along.

Looks like you are on Free Channels (Thai CH 3, 5, NBT).

How can i be on thai channels when the commentator was American?

The Federer match was NOT taken out part way through. I watched it all the way to the end. Perhaps you are confused between racket sports......Tennis is the powerful one played mostly by Westerners, Badminton is the boring one where Asians cheat and get thrown out

SAP?

Honestly, everyone I know who watched the Federer - Del Potro semifinal match, including myself, saw it through to completion on one of the TrueVisions ESPN/Star channels. That is why we are having a hard time understanding your comment, and why some suggested maybe you were watching the match on a different provider, maybe Thai FOTA or even some other cable/satellite provider.

I honestly can't recall but have the vaguest thought that at least one of the commentators was British, or Australian rather than American.

Tennis is the powerful one played mostly by Westerners
While Li Na might argue with you on this point there is no doubt that Maria Sharapovoa got run over by a truck in the Gold Medal match, ;).

It will be intereting to see if Andy Murray can win a final on Centre Court.

• Like 1

The official Olympic page has the Tennis Gold medal matches starting at 18:00 local (Bangkok) time on Ch. 134/ESPN1 with the Women's Doubles, followed by the Men's Singles and Mixed Doubles. However that would require that Andy Murray play mixed doubles immediately after playing singles so I am thinking maybe the schedule might be modified?

Ch. 114 says coverage starts at 20:00 with Men's singles, followed by Women's doubles and then mixed doubles.

http://www.london2012.com/tennis/schedule-and-results/

I agree with that Brit MP that said it was left wing multicultural claptrap.