Srilankan Airlines Baggage Allowance

Hi

Does anyone know the srilankan airlines baggage allowance I have googled it but come up with different weights some say 20kilo other say 30 kilo and I can not see it on there web site.

Also does anyone know the srilankan airlines infant baggage allowance.

Thank you for your help.

a bit of google knowledge would help, also read your ticket, it will say on there.

http://www.srilankan...with-us/luggage

Thank you for the link but it still does not say how much the baggage allowances are only that an item can not weigh more then 32kg I have booked a ticket yet due to be uncertain about weights.

30 Kgs including hand luggage.

Yermaneewai.gif

a bit of google knowledge would help, also read your ticket, it will say on there.

http://www.srilankan...with-us/luggage

Thank you for the link but it still does not say how much the baggage allowances are only that an item can not weigh more then 32kg I have booked a ticket yet due to be uncertain about weights.

30 Kgs including hand luggage.

Yermaneewai.gif

That would make 23KG checked in that seems a odd number

My e ticket with Sri Lankan states 30kg, the website states 7kg hand luggage, not crystal clear but with emirates that means 30 + 7kg. They code shared with them, but best call the office in destination country. I have had flights with change overs with different luggage allowances even though luggage is checked through.

Edited by marstons

My e ticket with Sri Lankan states 30kg, the website states 7kg hand luggage, not crystal clear but with emirates that means 30 + 7kg. They code shared with them, but best call the office in destination country. I have had flights with change overs with different luggage allowances even though luggage is checked through.

Thank you

normally the ticket will say 20kg allowance.

However, almost ALL airlines (except budget airasia and rest) allow 25kg with no question asked at the check-in counter.

For srilankan airlines... you can take 30kg with no question asked.

7kg hand luggage is separate from this. And, that too you can keep 10kg or around easily without any issues.

you can take a separate shoulder bag for laptop, books, etc. on top of the hand luggage.

--

if you are travelling in group.. make sure in one baggage you don't have more than 32kg... this is for safety and ease of handling by airport workers.

Just received this info from UL

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting SriLankan Airlines!

You may refer to our baggage allowance as below…

Checked Baggage Hand Luggage

Economy Class 30kg 07kg

Business Class 40kg 14kg

**Please note that the above baggage allowances may vary if you are having an onward journey to any American country.

You may contact them direct Customer Baggage ([email protected])

I hope the above is of some help.

Edited by ravip

Dear Sir/Madam,

Economy Class 30kg 07kg

Business Class 40kg 14kg

**Please note that the above baggage allowances may vary if you are having an onward journey to any American country.

thank you very much

Dear Sir/Madam,

Economy Class 30kg 07kg

Business Class 40kg 14kg

I stand rectified.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Yermaneewai.gif

Does anyone know how many items of luggage you can check in? My understanding is that it's one item but you can take additional items of sports equipment as long as they are within your 30kg.

Any one else have any more ideas on this?

Also I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know what Srilankan airlines charge to change the dates on an economy ticket?

Cheers,

MP

Edited by MassivePuffin