Anyone Had Vaser Lipo?

Tiger7Moth

Vaser Lipo is available at Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital and some clinics in the area. I am about 10kg overweight and have been exercising and improving my diet. Still, I am considering Vaser Lipo to get rid of "love handles" and a bit of tummy fat.

If anyone has used Vaser Lipo, I would be interested in your experience, how much work you had done, cost, and so on.

Thankssmile.png

• 2 months later...

Complete abdominal (up, down, sides etc) can cost 150K baht. I was also considering it, then I given up the idea. The reason is, in my homecountry (Turkey) they say it is good for sucking some oil from certain areas, and it shouldn't be considered as a lose-weight tool. They will not take out 3-5 kgs fat from your body ever.

However, in Thailand, there is no limit how much they can take fat from your body. Which is kind of dangerous in my opinion.

Complete abdominal (up, down, sides etc) can cost 150K baht. I was also considering it, then I given up the idea. The reason is, in my homecountry (Turkey) they say it is good for sucking some oil from certain areas, and it shouldn't be considered as a lose-weight tool. They will not take out 3-5 kgs fat from your body ever.

However, in Thailand, there is no limit how much they can take fat from your body. Which is kind of dangerous in my opinion.

Can you explain why it would be dangerous to suck out all the subcutaneous fat around the abdominal region? If a person has excess fat in this region they are still carrying a lot of fat in other areas.

Also, if you suck it out how quickly does it return?

Well, if you lose more than 10 percent of your fat, which is 3 percent of fat for people who has 30 percent fat in bmi, your body may go in shock and you can die. Thats why they prefer to keep you in hospital for liposuction of 3kgs or more.

I'm confused. Let's take a 100kg person who is 30% fat, that's 30kg of total fat. Only 5% for males and about 10% for females is essential body fat that you absolutely need. That would mean, in my example, that 5kg of fat on a 100kg person is essential. He therefore has about 25kg of fat that he can lose safely and only a certain percent of that would be located in the abdominal region.

Surely you could suck out all of the abdominal sub-cutaneous fat without any risk of dying.

Of course this lipo-suction of sub-cutaneous fat doesn't address the major problem in obese people - visceral fat.

The benefit is purely cosmetic and bypasses the real issues - overeating and metabolic disease - and in particular insulin resistance and diabetes.

Even if you don't "need" that fat its part of your body and removing excess amounts all of a sudden shocks the body... Imagine having a house full of furniture and you come home and now its all gone. Your going to be like "What the hell?!" Well your body does the same thing. Although you don't "need" the fat/furniture you/your body is still accustom to having it there and things don't just disappear from inside of your body so your bound to have an adverse reaction because it isn't being metabolised and lost naturally.

NOT that I'm saying I wouldn't do it! Because I've considered it many times before, but just realize with any surgery there is risk. And how fast it "comes back" will be up to you. If your eating french fries and cheeseburgers everyday and they take out 10kilo you could put it back on in 6months, or if your eat 10cheeseburgers and 10fries every day maybe 1 month and you'll put it back on.

Point being that it'll depend on your diet and exercise patterns. You have to eat healthy and try to get exercise. Even something as simple as walking to 711 instead of taking the car 2blocks or walking 4sets of stair to your apartment instead of the elevator can help. If you can make it to a gym and do cardio 3x a week all the better. It all depends on you brother.

• Like 1

do they charge per kilo fat removed? huh.png

Even if you don't "need" that fat its part of your body and removing excess amounts all of a sudden shocks the body... Imagine having a house full of furniture and you come home and now its all gone. Your going to be like "What the hell?!" Well your body does the same thing. Although you don't "need" the fat/furniture you/your body is still accustom to having it there and things don't just disappear from inside of your body so your bound to have an adverse reaction because it isn't being metabolised and lost naturally.

If you remove all the furniture from a house there may be a bit of a surprise when the owners come home, but no one is going to die.

I doubt a person would miss all the abdominal subcutaneous fat if they're eating heartily. People who are obese don't tap into fat stores, they continually add to them.