Thailand 'Drug War' Death To Go To The Hague

webfact

Some might want to take of their yellow-tinted sunglasses and actually read something about this period of Thai history: http://en.wikipedia....War_on_Drugs.27

I'm not going to quote anything from that wiki.

Very few of the deaths where by police. While a doubling on drug related violence is dramatic, it should not be unexpected. We are very often reminded of the strict punishment for drug possession, so there is a huge incentive for making sure your not caught. That is where the majority of deaths came from, gangsters killing gangsters to cover their own backs.

I have no doubt there where police killings that can not see the light of day. That is part of the deal when you hand guns to the police. In the US there is 4-500 people killed by the police every year. For some reason there is no accurate statistic. Even in countries where police only can carry guns in special situations there is police officers that get reprimanded for unnecessary shootings.

If you really want to limit the amount of cases like this one, do not let thai police carry guns. Have a strict protocol for when police can arm themselves. I very much doubt the right-wing-mindset of the yellow color in Thailand would sanction such a change.

Did you read the article at all?

• Like 1

Good move by these friends and family members of the victims. They definately have a case. Just hope they have the evidence to prove it. One more worry for the criminal Thaksin. Hope he ends up in a cell in The Hague with Radko Mladic and the like.

• Like 1

A Thai court recently convicted the officers of killing 17-year-old Kiattisak Thitbunkhrong in 2004?

Really? I thought the decision is not final yet.

They were convicted. They appealed.

Exactly. Not guilty until 3 courts say so.

A Thai court recently convicted the officers of killing 17-year-old Kiattisak Thitbunkhrong in 2004?

No. Convicted until another court says so.

Exciting times for the parents of this boy.. There is still a change to deny them justice…

If my grammer and verbage on this point upsets you so much, let me rephrase it so that the message is crystal: "it is becomming a lucrative business where a realtive is killed by the authorities", <deleted>!

It doesn't upset me at all. If you have something to say it's probably a good idea to make it 'crystal' in the first place rather than assuming that people can read your mind.

Sarcasm is not a very good form of communication on this site.

What a very sad state of affairs.

More so if you realize that the police-chaps who were charged and found guilty (of the 17 year old boy's) murder, are all out on bail . . . . . .

THAT's totally disgusting ! ! ! !

sick.gif

• Like 1

Well since you put it that way: a natural extention of course to it being a highly lucrative business is that no doubt there will be people who are inclined to arrange or manufacture such deaths, at the cost of a relatives life and solely for financial reward.

Gee, someone finally get's what the guy is saying........

If my grammer and verbage on this point upsets you so much, let me rephrase it so that the message is crystal: "it is becomming a lucrative business where a realtive is killed by the authorities", <deleted>!

It doesn't upset me at all. If you have something to say it's probably a good idea to make it 'crystal' in the first place rather than assuming that people can read your mind.

Sarcasm is not a very good form of communication on this site.

That is because some people here are actually serious.

Give a ponder why doncha ?

You paid this much when you killed that person so you have to give me the same ammount for killing my relative, pretty soon it's going to be quite lucrative to have a relative killed by the authorities and everyone will be getting in on the act.

So it's ok to kill your Mum as long as you can make a few quid out of it? Have you any idea how ridiculous your post is?

I cannot agree more. But I guess that with around 100,000 posters there have got to be a good & of tw*ts. (people who engage their keyboards before engaging their brains)

You paid this much when you killed that person so you have to give me the same ammount for killing my relative, pretty soon it's going to be quite lucrative to have a relative killed by the authorities and everyone will be getting in on the act.

So it's ok to kill your Mum as long as you can make a few quid out of it? Have you any idea how ridiculous your post is?

That's ridiculous and you do need to read the article again. What it advocates is that the same ammount should be paid for the 2004 killings as was paid out as a result of the 2010 killings, in that respect it's becomming lucrative. Nobody is even hinting at the notion that they should have their own relatives killed!

2010 killings.... and there are people still missing from those turbulent days.... Maybe the military had dug deep ditches (again)

it would be great to see the victims of the drug war get justice.

it's quite sickening to see both sides using the deep tragedies suffered by families, whether it's from the war on drugs or from the 2010 unrest, for politicial gain.

What hypocrisy.

You and others have been bleating for a long time about the Red Shirt deaths.

Never once heard any mention of the civilian and armed forces deaths from the same riots.

Now when Thaksin's crimes get to the Hague we mustn't policicise it?

Hang your head in shame.

i don't want to get banned, so i won't respond in the way i feel this post deserves it.

Do you think the Red Shirt deaths were policicized?

Have you ever expressed sympathy with the non-Red Shirts who died?

Give it up he has never expressed any belief that the red shirts have done any thing wrong. As for the PT he claims that . At the moment it looks wrong but all the facts are not in.

You don't understand the justice system do you.

They have been found guilty of murder.

They have appealed that verdict.

They are still guilty during the appeal.

If the appeal is upheld the guilty verdict is overturned.

If the verdict is upheld they are still guilty.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

The way this country is headed? I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard many tales of people off'ing their in-laws and such. "Mysterious" assassinations that have come from the other side of the family because the two families don't get along well.

Surprised?

Some might want to take of their yellow-tinted sunglasses and actually read something about this period of Thai history: http://en.wikipedia....War_on_Drugs.27

Very few of the deaths where by police. While a doubling on drug related violence is dramatic, it should not be unexpected. We are very often reminded of the strict punishment for drug possession, so there is a huge incentive for making sure your not caught. That is where the majority of deaths came from, gangsters killing gangsters to cover their own backs.

I have no doubt there where police killings that can not see the light of day. That is part of the deal when you hand guns to the police. In the US there is 4-500 people killed by the police every year. For some reason there is no accurate statistic. Even in countries where police only can carry guns in special situations there is police officers that get reprimanded for unnecessary shootings.

If you really want to limit the amount of cases like this one, do not let thai police carry guns. Have a strict protocol for when police can arm themselves. I very much doubt the right-wing-mindset of the yellow color in Thailand would sanction such a change.

Pay Attention!!

This is yet another one of those TV threads where no-one reads properly and then writes retarded inflammatory crap.

and then disappears after being a complete tool.

the sort of cnuts who throw their stinky cigs out of their car window and then get angry at someone coming up to them with a burnt eye.

Going native one might say...

Do you think the Red Shirt deaths were policicized?

Have you ever expressed sympathy with the non-Red Shirts who died?

Give it up he has never expressed any belief that the red shirts have done any thing wrong. As for the PT he claims that . At the moment it looks wrong but all the facts are not in.

what are you ranting on about now?

I cannot agree more. But I guess that with around 100,000 posters there have got to be a good & of tw*ts. (people who engage their keyboards before engaging their brains)

And you my friend need to read the entire thread ccompletly to understand what's being said!

Don't believe everything you read in wikipedia. I read with great interest the wikipedia article about The Memorial to the Women of World War 2 erected in Whitehall, London - well I would I was Chairman of the Charity/Project. It is full of inaccuracies. One day, when I have the time/inclination I will have it amended to incorporate the facts. I am sure wikipedia have produced many other interesting and accurate articles.