Had The Police Knocking On The Door

robblok

She broke a shella (concrete wood or whatever you call it)board that was on my side of the fence last night, probably before calling the police. So now i will have to replace that. Nothing much actually but kinda childish. It really tempts me put my car back in front of our house, that way they cant park their car anymore. I always move the car a bit away from the front of our home so they can park easier. Probably wont lower myself to that because it will only escalate things.

You think it was deliberate then? If so, that's less reason to be civil and reasonable. On the other hand, I agree that escalating the situation will probably do more harm than good. I think either using headphones for the music or playing it at a lower volume is enough. If she still complains after that, speak to her directly and if she doesn't come up with a legitimate complaint you haven't thought of, then just leave it, carry on as normal and the complaints will go away eventually.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She broke a shella (concrete wood or whatever you call it)board that was on my side of the fence last night, probably before calling the police. So now i will have to replace that. Nothing much actually but kinda childish. It really tempts me put my car back in front of our house, that way they cant park their car anymore. I always move the car a bit away from the front of our home so they can park easier. Probably wont lower myself to that because it will only escalate things.

You think it was deliberate then? If so, that's less reason to be civil and reasonable. On the other hand, I agree that escalating the situation will probably do more harm than good. I think either using headphones for the music or playing it at a lower volume is enough. If she still complains after that, speak to her directly and if she doesn't come up with a legitimate complaint you haven't thought of, then just leave it, carry on as normal and the complaints will go away eventually.

Yes i now think its deliberate, and whe showed the police too. It is not easy to break shella especially not because its on our side of the fence.

I am going for the headphone option and that is it. The police were already hesitant to proceed i doubt they would do a thing if they went there and listened and i was wearing headphones. I just put the plates back in a kitchen cupboard that makes more noise as me putting my weights down.

So i really think it must have been the beat / bass from the music i played and then the complaint could be valid. So headphones from now on.

• Like 1

Buy yourself a Karaoke machine and use it at full volume until 1am every night for the next month.

After that she will be happy for you to return to the weight training.

I believe the sound system i use AJ is meant to be used for karaoke. I never even come close to full power on the thing but the base might be the problem The speakers are quite big. But when we are sitting downstairs we don't hear it also in the room next to my gym room we dont hear it. So it might just only transfer to her and not more into our home. This is why i did not realise there might have been a problem.

If its the music the solution is easy. I personally think it was the music as i was playing ramstein.

I was on your side until you mentioned it was neo Nazi music.

I'm sure Rammstein is not everyone's cup of tea, but not exactly "neo Nazi music"... https://en.wikipedia...iki/Links_2-3-4

Yes, but I do agree, it does but it a little bit more in perspective, especially why someone might be reluctant to directly approach.

Exempli gratia:

Edited by Morakot

If its the music the solution is easy. I personally think it was the music as i was playing ramstein.

I was on your side until you mentioned it was neo Nazi music. Where I live you would be more likely to get a brick through your window than a friendly few words with PC plod.

Curious about the connection Nazi and Ramstein. As far as i know its just German music but with a lot of base. I like it for training at times just like guns and rozes / billy idol ect because it has an aggressive beat to it that helps. But please do tell about Nazi and Ramstein cause the only connection i see is that its german.

Do you not speak German?

I was on your side until you mentioned it was neo Nazi music. Where I live you would be more likely to get a brick through your window than a friendly few words with PC plod.

Curious about the connection Nazi and Ramstein. As far as i know its just German music but with a lot of base. I like it for training at times just like guns and rozes / billy idol ect because it has an aggressive beat to it that helps. But please do tell about Nazi and Ramstein cause the only connection i see is that its german.

Do you not speak German?

I speak Dutch and understand German, nobody ever accused Ramstein of being Nazi music. Not all German music is Nazi music. Just look at the link the other poster shown it seems they are at the left side of the political spectrum.

But regardless i just like the aggressive style of the music. I would not play it while working or relaxing, but for a workout its just great.

Just look at the link the other poster shown it seems they are at the left side of the political spectrum.

I doubt that! They're in no political spectrum (unless you think an art form itself is politics). That's the whole point.

Edited by Morakot

Just look at the link the other poster shown it seems they are at the left side of the political spectrum.

I doubt that! They're in no political spectrum (unless you think an art form itself is politics). That's the whole point.

Ok, then i misinterpreted what was written there. But i actually don't really care what their political stance is i just like the music to workout on. No other reason. As for the videoclips i don't watch them just listen to the music once in a while when training.

It could be guns and roses / billy idol / or the current tip 40. I just need some music preferably with some aggression or good beat to train harder. Now that i have found out that there is a problem ill go for an mp3 player with headphones. But i won't stop training i still think i was perfectly within my rights of normal sound levels but it does not bother me too much to wear headphones (after i found a good sweat proof mp3 player)

This may not apply to internal building noise but there was a karaoke place near our moo bahn and it was too much. My wife contacted the police and they said they can't do anything until after 11:00 PM.

You sound like a very considerate person and a simple request by her would have corrected the (her) issue. Calling the police is certainly over the top and surprisingly confrontational for a Thai.

• Like 1

You've never listened to Rammstien, so calling it NAZI music makes you look like a racist.

Umm, maybe when you had Ich Will cranked up she thought there was some sort of Euro torture chamber fantasy going on. Add in the grunting and thuds, and it is understandable how someone from a culture relatively free of the blight commonly known as heavy metal might react.

I had a neighbor that banged his bed against the wall when he had sex and would moan and groan, all at 4 am on a workday. He was a nice guy otherwise, and I didn't have the heart to embarass him, but it was incredibly creepy hearing him go at it.

For sure it was the music, Rammstein sound is extreme aggressive for most people combined with the beautiful sound tongue.png "RRRRRRRR" cheesy.gif of the German language drives most people to Gagaland...

And by the way, back in 1999 there was a hefty discussion in Germany Rammstein "promoting" Nazi Style or "Nazi aesthetics" because one of the Videos showed Leni Riefenstahl at Olympia 1936. I think they had removed any Nazi Symbols from the Video but anyway, a lot people in Germany thought it was not appropriate, especially for a German Band.

As far as I know the "Bundeswehr Radio Stations" also don`t play any Rammstein songs.

However, in 2005 the Federa Office for the protection of the Constitution in Germany decided that Rammstein is not rightist extremist.

Best use headphone. I can imagine that is hard to understand for you, if you like that style of music, but for a lot people Rammstein is noise pollution.

Edited by uwe_rayong

Mate - you survive this by being the superior one. Especially if you think this neighbour might turn out to be the neighbour from hell.

You be co-operative with the police ( which you have done, and not that they were going to do anything anyway, but it makes them even more hesitant to come back for you).

Head down to the station later, and have a good natured chat and ask directly what can be done so the lady not be so annoyed. Show your concern and your intent on being the good one here.

Heck, invite them round, show them your gym set, what you do if they do show a hint of caring. Build a relationship with them. Casually drop into the conversation to them about the fence (imply you are the reasonable one).

Last of all, mention the incident to some friendly neighbours. Look perplexed about it all. Build up some neighbourhood allies. Set and leave.

I've generally found coppers reasonable (when they care, and this can work to your advantage here). They'll side with you over the mad batty one from next door.

Umm, maybe when you had Ich Will cranked up she thought there was some sort of Euro torture chamber fantasy going on. Add in the grunting and thuds, and it is understandable how someone from a culture relatively free of the blight commonly known as heavy metal might react.

The poor lady; must have been quite a shock. I think, this track might have flipped her in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

Edited by Morakot

You've never listened to Rammstien, so calling it NAZI music makes you look like a racist.

I had a neighbor that banged his bed against the wall when he had sex and would moan and groan, all at 4 am on a workday. He was a nice guy otherwise, and I didn't have the heart to embarass him, but it was incredibly creepy hearing him go at it.

how long did it last - 30 seconds?

Mate - you survive this by being the superior one. Especially if you think this neighbour might turn out to be the neighbour from hell.

You be co-operative with the police ( which you have done, and not that they were going to do anything anyway, but it makes them even more hesitant to come back for you).

Head down to the station later, and have a good natured chat and ask directly what can be done so the lady not be so annoyed. Show your concern and your intent on being the good one here.

Heck, invite them round, show them your gym set, what you do if they do show a hint of caring. Build a relationship with them. Casually drop into the conversation to them about the fence (imply you are the reasonable one).

Last of all, mention the incident to some friendly neighbours. Look perplexed about it all. Build up some neighbourhood allies. Set and leave.

I've generally found coppers reasonable (when they care, and this can work to your advantage here). They'll side with you over the mad batty one from next door.

Samran,

I will give this a go im not looking for any escalation of this problem. I was thinking of inviting the coppers over to listen for themselves next time. That is if there will be a next time when i wear the headset because if i do i doubt there will be any grounds for complaining then. The music i will concede could have been loud and had i known it was a problem id gotten a headset earlier.

I don't worry about the cops at all because i know almost for a fact it was too early in the evening to even do noise complaints. But having the right to play it loud if i wanted does not make me do it as its not much of a bother to take some steps.

For sure it was the music, Rammstein sound is extreme aggressive for most people combined with the beautiful sound tongue.png "RRRRRRRR" cheesy.gif of the German language drives most people to Gagaland...

And by the way, back in 1999 there was a hefty discussion in Germany Rammstein "promoting" Nazi Style or "Nazi aesthetics" because one of the Videos showed Leni Riefenstahl at Olympia 1936. I think they had removed any Nazi Symbols from the Video but anyway, a lot people in Germany thought it was not appropriate, especially for a German Band.

As far as I know the "Bundeswehr Radio Stations" also don`t play any Rammstein songs.

However, in 2005 the Federa Office for the protection of the Constitution in Germany decided that Rammstein is not rightist extremist.

Best use headphone. I can imagine that is hard to understand for you, if you like that style of music, but for a lot people Rammstein is noise pollution.

To be honest i only like that style of music when im working out it kinda gets me going. For working out you don't want a lullaby but something with some power. In general i listen to stuff a lot friendlier on the ears.

I'm sure I would be annoyed as your neighbor as well. 8 PM until almost 9 PM, 5 night a week... Most Thais are asleep by about 9 PM.

What a crock of crap.

Brilliant comment... Really adds nothing to the conversation.

• Like 2

To be honest i only like that style of music when im working out it kinda gets me going. For working out you don't want a lullaby but something with some power. In general i listen to stuff a lot friendlier on the ears.

I am hard of hearing and I used to have my music on too loud though it did not seem too loud to me for obvious reasons. The same with computer sounds be it games or music. This used to go on until 01-00.

At that time I lived in a town house too next door to a police family. Husband and wife were police officers. I had lived there for two years or so and the ONLY time they or anyone else complained about the volume was when the police officers daughter came to stay with a newborn baby and the noise was disturbing the baby.

They talked to my then g/f about it and that was really the time I realised how much noise I was making. My solution was to by wi-fi headphones. After that everyone was happy.

My point being that even these police officers living next door did - or could not - do anything about the volume and only because the baby was unsettled did they then mention about the noise.

Maybe that is why the police who visited your house reacted and acted the way they did.

Get your i-pod or a set of wi-fi headphones then they will have nothing to complain about...... or will not until they find some other cause for complaint whistling.gif

I am hard of hearing and I used to have my music on too loud though it did not seem too loud to me for obvious reasons. The same with computer sounds be it games or music. This used to go on until 01-00.

At that time I lived in a town house too next door to a police family. Husband and wife were police officers. I had lived there for two years or so and the ONLY time they or anyone else complained about the volume was when the police officers daughter came to stay with a newborn baby and the noise was disturbing the baby.

They talked to my then g/f about it and that was really the time I realised how much noise I was making. My solution was to by wi-fi headphones. After that everyone was happy.

My point being that even these police officers living next door did - or could not - do anything about the volume and only because the baby was unsettled did they then mention about the noise.

Maybe that is why the police who visited your house reacted and acted the way they did.

Get your i-pod or a set of wi-fi headphones then they will have nothing to complain about...... or will not until they find some other cause for complaint whistling.gif

Already said going to use an ipod or something like that. Just bougth some good water proof sports headset and a case for the ipod so it wont get wet from sweating.

If they then still have something to complain about ill let the police take care of it because im sure the laws of this country allow you to make normal noise till around 23.00. But at least i did my thing to defuse the situation.

• Like 1

are you grunting when your working out?

try holding some of your exertion in.

works on the battlefield to, learn to accept it and it actually makes you stronger mentally and more focused.

Actually i seldom grunt while working out, with seldom it almost never happens and when it happens is not loud.

how does she know you are working out? is she looking through the window when your working out?

you state you don't grunt when working out, so they are making up the noise, or could it be coming from another source.

are you doing a horizontal tango or any other significant sources of noise at night that could be upsetting the neighbors wife?

Already said going to use an ipod or something like that. Just bougth some good water proof sports headset and a case for the ipod so it wont get wet from sweating.

If they then still have something to complain about ill let the police take care of it because im sure the laws of this country allow you to make normal noise till around 23.00. But at least i did my thing to defuse the situation.

It sounds as if you have identified the likely problem and made changes to rectify it. thumbsup.gif

It sounds as if you have identified the likely problem and made changes to rectify it. thumbsup.gif

I would have rectified the problem before if i had known about it. Just a few words about music and i would have gotten the message. I did not get it right away because she said training noises and i thought that to be impossible. (everyone knows you dont make much sound with weights and they are not bouncing of the concrete or steel or whatever with every rep)

Anyway will see how it goes.

are you grunting when your working out?

try holding some of your exertion in.

works on the battlefield to, learn to accept it and it actually makes you stronger mentally and more focused.

Actually i seldom grunt while working out, with seldom it almost never happens and when it happens is not loud.

how does she know you are working out? is she looking through the window when your working out?

you state you don't grunt when working out, so they are making up the noise, or could it be coming from another source.

are you doing a horizontal tango or any other significant sources of noise at night that could be upsetting the neighbors wife?

I think its pretty well known that i workout. I have had equipment brought over on a few occasions. Other people say i look the part (i disagree). I really don't grunt while working out and the window in the room i workout at has curtains and its on the backside of the house. Impossible to look and see. Maybe the bass sounds like something hitting the concrete or what.

I really think she just knows because i have had equipment brought over and the sound only lasts 40-50 mins.

As for those other noises they would come much later not at the time she complaints.

just bring afew bottles of chang, sangsom and apologize politely before the friendly drinking session with her husband.

make sure you are friendly enough with him and when he get abit tipsy or drunk, starts to drop hint on what his wife did and that you feel alittle sad and affected by that.

and back home while gyming you will start hearing a drunken man hitting his wife over your music

I'm sure I would be annoyed as your neighbor as well. 8 PM until almost 9 PM, 5 night a week... Most Thais are asleep by about 9 PM.

What a crock of crap.

Brilliant comment... Really adds nothing to the conversation.

dittolaugh.png

She says i make too much noise working out in my home gym.

Surely, if it was the bass or music that was bothering her, she would complain about the music.

As she specifically mentioned the noise when you are working out, it probably has nothing to do with the music. How would she know that you were working out at the same time as the music is annoying her.

If I was being bothered by a neighbour's music when doing aerobics, I wouldn't complaing about them doing aerobics, I would complain about the music.