New Animal Shelter Opening

Ulysses G.

An animal lover told me that Santisook Dog and Cat Rescue are opening their new cat shelter on Sunday 26 August and they have invited the public for the House Blessing Ceremony, buffet lunch and to meet the animals.

The shelter is in Doi Saket and there is a map on the "contact us" page of their website.

www.santisookdogsandcats.org

• Like 1

re ... The shelter is in Doi Saket

i can offer some info on this coz i was there a few days ago : )

the best / safest way to get there is head out to san kamphaeng on the 1006

and turn left at this junction just past these three banks in bo sang

and head up the 1014 to doi saket.

after about 10 to 12 km you will see a small petronas gas station on the left

and not far past that pizza plus is on the left.

go up the moo bann entrance opposite pizza plus and just follow the road

till you see soi 7 on the left .. go down there and santisook dogs and cats

shelters are at the end

dave2

post-42592-0-10880200-1345869347_thumb.j

post-42592-0-27254900-1345869402_thumb.j

post-42592-0-05675200-1345869476_thumb.j

post-42592-0-22330000-1345869695_thumb.j

post-42592-0-59197500-1345869762_thumb.j

It is an open house and according to their flyer, the House Blessing ceremony is at 9 AM, the buffet is from 11am - 2pm and they will have cakes, biscuits (cookies) and coffee/tea in the afternoon until 5pm.

Will they have cats and kittens available for adoption after the House Blessing ceremony?

Any photos Dave? (Time for an a-h-w aren't they cute? moment!)

re .. Will they have cats and kittens available for adoption after the House Blessing ceremony?

i had an e mail the other day that said come and see the kittens

" boy do we have kittens " so i suspect there are some ?

re ... Any photos Dave? (Time for an a-h-w aren't they cute? moment!)

nahh ... sorry i only went to find it so i know where to go tomorrow

but you can meet a few of my ex fiends and santisook are bound to have

some like them : )

enjoy .. dave2

ps ... fon .. the owner / boss of santisook rescued and re homed the kats bar kit

from under a bar in loi kroh road in may 10 coz its mother was run over and killed : (

post-42592-0-33049900-1345899089_thumb.j

post-42592-0-58395700-1345899172_thumb.j

post-42592-0-91195700-1345899240_thumb.j

post-42592-0-01098500-1345899315_thumb.j

post-42592-0-45712900-1345899385_thumb.j

post-42592-0-88792800-1345899471_thumb.j

• Like 1

I suspect this post will be unpopular but there are people living on the street, slave-like children selling novelties day and night, and other unspeakables you are not allowed to mention on this progressive blog for fear of banning and we are excited about an animal shelter?

I assume am like most people in that we have Soi dogs and we help feed , we have stray cats come in and sh*t everywhere, but would seem there are bigger priorities for those that want to be involved in philanthropy. How about financially adopting a child, and I don't mean the strings attached version. Not having a go at the animal shelter, it is worthy, but we aren't in the west you know where the people are on welfare.

I visited the shelter today. It looks really nice. There's a large clean inside area with a nice outside run. Lots of space for them. The smallest kittens are kept separated til they are big and healthy enough.

Sorry, no pics as, as usual I forgot to bring my camera.

What was striking were the very relaxed and content cats of which many loved the human attention. The (very) few that were still skiddish of people just climbed high up where no-one could reach them, and from where they could observe us.

To answer NancyL's question: I saw someone adopting a kitten this afternoon. So yes, adoption is/was possible today. :)

From now on, every Sunday there will be Open House from 10.30am to 3.30pm with coffee, tea, water, and some snacks, while you can cuddle with the cats, just watch them, or choose the one(s) you would love to take home. :)

• 11 years later...

My partner and i have adopted  many dogs and cats over the years, luckily we have so much space. We visited a "sanctuary" run by this organization, not the Doi Saket one. We left quickly, I was actually shocked..... disgusting conditions, dogs clearly distressed...... We ultimately adopted from  a Temple we often visit, happy dogs from a kind Monk.