Hondas New Flagship That Thailand Will Never See

fred007

Unfortunately Honda in Thailand does not see a market for the Honda Legend Or Accura RL As it is called in the US.I have owned many Honda Legends and would compare them with the likes of Lexus and BMW and Mercedes Benz to name but a few.The CEO of Honda in Thailand had one KB model 2006 -07 imported from Japan as his personal drive car.Sadly i do not hold much hope that the people of Thailand will ever get too see the new 2013 RLX - Legend model.That to me is a big Shame some of the innovations in this vehicle would leave many competitors for dead.

post-42073-0-42539700-1346463671_thumb.j

Edited by fred007

A few years ago I tried to rent a Honda Legend in Phuket. I was talking to the rental shop on the phone saying. 'legend, Honda legend'. The women on the other end of the phone had no idea what I was talking about and was banging on about crv's. I hung up the phone think stupid Thais, they don't even know what cars they have. Complained to my wife about there incompetence, then the penny dropped.....I was thinking of the Accord.

Wife never lets me forget that. If ever Honda accords come up in conversation she will ask if I mean Honda Legend.

As the Honda Legend would end up priced probably around 2.5 - 3.5m baht and would probably take Honda clients first (from Accord) it makes some sense why they would not bring it in.

If there was a viable market for them, we would see in the grey market, and we don't.

Looks like a nice exec car though, for sure.

LOS has a very boring car market now! Only small Eco boxes and Picks! 20 Years ago was better. Could buy all the nice cars like in Europe. Now it's over!

Not all cars from all companies are available in all countries. Maybe the local market is all econo-boxes and pickups? i remember lamenting in Canada that Alfa Romeo nor Fiat were available and some of the cars that were from the US. Likewise in the '70's I lamented that the Mark 3 Cortina V6 pickup from South Africa was not available in the UK and the Holden Ute is not available in the US and the list goes on... No Nissan GTR in the US well at least not the old one...

Think global buy local or whatever the saying is...

Tents will give you quick cash, but probably not the highest price; however it is worth it to look around and take to see what they offeer.

Sorry to ask, but what is "Tents"?

In the Thai market, we refer to 2nd hand car yards fairly universally as 'tents' due to the high likelihood of tent style covers around the car yard. เต๊นท์ in Thai which is an english translation of tent (sound is similar to Dten with a high tone)

So to sell, the OP has the main 3 options of

- going to a dealer and doing a trade (works best if you are trading in on the same brand, and also you bought at that exact yard, different yards even under the same brand are owned by different people e.g. Millenium Auto and Barcelona both sell BMW, but have no relationship to eachother; K Motors and Toyota Mahanakhon; Benz Tonglor and Benz Thonburi etc et)

- selling him/herself using taladrod.com, thaisecondhand.com Thaivisa.com etc - highest price, most hassle

- selling to a tent - price similar higher/lower than trade but quick cash