The Farang Men Swarthy Girl Couple Syndrome.

rics21

A question of a Thai friend pop up over dinner last night.

"Why did farang men prefer dark skinned girls?"

According to him, most of the farangs he saw on the streets are with the dark skinned Thai girls.

Back in his hometown of udon, farang men r marrying Thai women who had divorced or r single parents.

To most Thai men, they would prefer a fair, busty, Chinese looking, plump, Thai girls.

I do notice that lots of farang men end up with the swarthy issan girls.

So what's the attraction?

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

67% of the Thai population come from Issan (and are therefore likely to be dark skinned).

Therefore using logic, we can deduce 67% of the girls with foreigners are likely to be .......... dark skinned.

Purely using population demographics.

I would say the attraction is something to do with availability.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Many Isaan girls prefer to work in the tourist areas, rather than their home area - where there is little work available other than the lowest paid work.

Once they have children, it is even more difficult to support their extended family without well-paid work.

Most Westerners meet their wives in tourist areas.

Variety is the spice of life.

In my past I've had girlfriends that are white, black, blonde, brunette, even a ginger sweaty! Now being married to a yellow female I feel I have the set!

No offence was meant in the definitions above. My point is to me all colours can be attractive and sometimes something different is nice.

• Like 1

Many Isaan girls prefer to work in the tourist areas, rather than their home area - where there is little work available other than the lowest paid work.

Once they have children, it is even more difficult to support their extended family without well-paid work.

Congrats..a very PC answer...not the way I would have phrased it...but this works as well...rolleyes.gif

67% of the Thai population come from Issan (and are therefore likely to be dark skinned).

Therefore using logic, we can deduce 67% of the girls with foreigners are likely to be .......... dark skinned.

And of course this logic/ demographic can be applied to the percentages of ladies working the "entertainment" venues in BKK and Pattaya as well...wink.png

Edited by Soutpeel

Congrats..a very PC answer...not the way I would have phrased it...but this works as well...rolleyes.gif

I work v hard on telling the truth - without being so offensive that I get a 'holiday' laugh.png.

Edited by F1fanatic

It's a bit of a cliche - I actually do prefer the darker skinned ones, as I guess it's a bit more exotic and exciting coming froma country with an abundance of fair skinned women.

I have also seen a fair few painted white horrors who look like something out of Nightmare on Elm Street, who presumably are more desirable to Thai eyes?

• Like 2

Anything to back up your claim that most westerners meet their wives in tourist areas?

And of course this logic/ demographic can be applied to the percentages of ladies working the "entertainment" venues in BKK and Pattaya as well...wink.png

That statistic, 67%, is completely wrong.

Per Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isan

"Isan's total population as of 2010 was 21,305,000"

Thailand's total population is/was around 68-70,000,000.

• Like 1

It's down to what's available to them. A lot of farang hang out in or frequent the tourist areas so the darker-skinned girls are what they hook up with.

To my eyes, the darker-skinned girls are more attractive and their skin holds up better against the aging process than the whiter girls.

Anything to back up your claim that most westerners meet their wives in tourist areas?

Walking around Thailand with my eyes open usually convinces me that this claim is for the most part true

No. I'm sure you're right though that most Westerners meet their wives in remote areas.

• Like 2

'pale skinned' rich thai-chinese ladies are VERY fussy about a man's background. The girl I was seeing came from a good family and even though I come from a 'good' family myself it took ages to be introduced.

I laughed when said she only dated "A list' men in Bangkok, models and actors etc (taste and money are separate entities).

Edited by fish fingers

Speaking as a Brit/Pom/Limey, I think we like a tanned-appearance, as only the more-wealthy can afford to go traveling in the winter, or take a long-enough summer/seaside-holiday, & it therefore shows that one is better-off !

I myself always like to have a tan, whatever the season in the UK, when I return for a visit ... and do get comments along the lines of 'where did you just get back from, you lucky person, you'. rolleyes.gif

No. I'm sure you're right though that most Westerners meet their wives in remote areas.

Well if you live in a tourist area then I guess that is what you see but from my own personal experience, and those I know with Thai partners, it isn't the case. I, nor the vast majority of foreigners I know, didn't meet our partner in a tourist area as we don't live in tourist areas. Just because somewhere isn't a tourist area doesn't mean it is remote!

I think it's more like 40 % , about 25 million , still a lot but not 2 thirds of the population

Well if you live in a tourist area then I guess that is what you see but from my own personal experience, and those I know with Thai partners, it isn't the case. I, nor the vast majority of foreigners I know, didn't meet our partner in a tourist area as we don't live in tourist areas. Just because somewhere isn't a tourist area doesn't mean it is remote!

I dont live in a tourist area

Walking around Thailand with my eyes open usually convinces me that this claim is for the most part true

depends where you are walking around though doesn't it ?

Fair enough. But I doubt few will agree that most Westerners meet their wives outside the tourist areas or Isaan.

Yes, there are a few. But I doubt the majority - or anything close to it.

Edited by F1fanatic