Taxi Driver

ishan14

ive had a taxi driver with his girlfriend in the passenger seat before.

i probably would have kept walking as well.

hardly likely i would have posted the incident however.

shame you didn;t get another video of nothing, say maybe one of the wheels, or the back of the drivers head.

wink.png That made me guffaw out loud...

Always got to be careful in a big city not just with taxis, when I was last in Bangkok and using taxis the wrong side of midnight I used to take a photo of the taxi id on the door and text message it to the wife.....made me feel safe......smile.png

No problem.

He was on a long wait for the woman so he turned off the lights and tucked himself in for a half hour or so while she did what she had to do. You happened to come along. Or he just woke up from a nap saw you, then the woman hails him as he was turning round.

What could be more normal?

Dd you think it was Hostel 4?

This is what just happened. A few mins back, Me and my wife, we were waiting for a taxi outside my house but because there were no taxi's there we started to walk towards the "pak soi".

It's weird you use English for the whole thread but this. Why? I'm sure many don't know what you mean.

I know what you mean but it's not 'pak soi' it's 'bak soi', meaning mouth of the soi.

This is what just happened. A few mins back, Me and my wife, we were waiting for a taxi outside my house but because there were no taxi's there we started to walk towards the "pak soi".

It's weird you use English for the whole thread but this. Why? I'm sure many don't know what you mean.

I know what you mean but it's not 'pak soi' it's 'bak soi', meaning mouth of the soi.

You need to improve your thai, my friend because its "pak soi" ปากซอย with the alphabet ป ป ปลา po pla (fish)

in the start of the word and not บ บ ใบไม้

bo baimai (leaf).

"Bak soi". I think you should visit the thai language forum and clear your doubts.

I don't want to re-route this thread or become pedantic about Thai sounds...but I find myself using Thai words to describe things as sometimes it just feels natural/easier/shorter or more descriptive than English..

What would the OP write. "walk towards the end of the soi"..walk towards the mouth of the soi.. walk towards the main road.... pak soi..is shorter/lazier and just as informative as the English alternatives..

I'm probably wrong, I am on most things...just saying my little bit...

I think the P and B sounds in Thai are very similar and most farangs hear a different sound hence their interpretation in the spelling...plus there is not a strict transliteration maybe our learned Thai speakers could correct me or add more info...

You need to improve your thai, my friend because its "pak soi" ปากซอย with the alphabet ป ป ปลา po pla (fish)

bo baimai (leaf).

"Bak soi". I think you should visit the thai language forum and clear your doubts.

lol - I've been learn Thai for over 20 years.

ป ปลา is normally transliterated as 'bp' , which sounds more like 'b'..

พ,

ผ, or

ภ are the 'p' letters, usually transliterated as 'ph'. , .

I can only assume you are new to Thailand with your inability to hear the subtle differences, along with the ridiculous fear of getting into a taxi with a woman in it.

You probably say Chatuchak market, do you?

Edited by Johnniey

So, it's 3am.

A taxi driver with his lights of waiting in the dark.

Just happens to have a woman that is going to exactly the same place.

And she says that she will pay.

Yeah, this coincidence and act of random kindness by a Thai woman and a decent taxi driver at 3am sounds completely legitimate.

• Like 1

I think you are being a bit harsh on the cabby here. So you want to get a cab, he says let me turn around and there are no other cabs about. See a lady looking for a cab, a alone lady in the streets who hails him. He already has a customer lined up and he has given his word her would be back, but she is alone as well and might be in danger. She offers to pay for the trip as they are going in the same direction (more important for her to get into a taxi and off the street) so he agrees, comes back to tell the OP this, but they suspect he means them harm because he is a taxi driver in Thailand, but even so he follows them slowly to make sure they get a taxi and are safe. This is just as likely.

You are Locke, he is Hobbeslaugh.png

I've had a taxi driver with his girlfriend in the passenger seat before.

i probably would have kept walking as well.

hardly likely i would have posted the incident however.

shame you didn;t get another video of nothing, say maybe one of the wheels, or the back of the drivers head.

Hey kitty why don't you read the OP b'fore you post a reply. I have written in the op that the girl was another passanger and not the driver's girlfriend.

I was relating a similar experience, hence my remark in bold above beginning with "I".

I also intimated that in your situation i would probably have done the same.

that is twice now you have told me to reread a post I have understood clearly from the git go. Lets not make this a habit.

bo baimai (leaf).

lol - I've been learn Thai for over 20 years.

ป ปลา is normally transliterated as 'bp' , which sounds more like 'b'..

พ,

ผ, or

ภ are the 'p' letters, usually transliterated as 'ph'. , .

I can only assume you are new to Thailand with your inability to hear the subtle differences, along with the ridiculous fear of getting into a taxi with a woman in it.

You probably say Chatuchak market, do you?

คุณนี่ เก่งน่ะ สามารถอ่าน ป ปลา เป็น ตัว บ บลา ได้ ที่จริง คุณอาจจะเข้าใจผิด มันมีทั้ง ป. ปลา และ บ ใบไม้ น่ะ และก็อยุ่มา 20 ปีคงไม่ต้องสอนหรอกใช่ไหม คุณเก่งอยุ่แล้วแต่ว่าผมลืมบอกไป ที่จริงผมพูดและเขียนภาษาไทยได้ครับ ที่คุณบอกว่าผมอยู่จตุจัรคุณเข้าใจผิดน่ะครับ ผมอยู่ลาดพร้าว 101 มาหาได้น่ะครับ สวัสดีครับ คุณครู.................แต่รุ้สึกว่าคุณครูต้องไปหาเรียนภาษาไทยใหม่น่ะครับอีก 20 ปีภาษาไทยก็คงไม่เปลี่ยนจาก ป ปลา เป็น บ บลา หรอกครับ อย่าเอาภรรยามาอ่านน่ะ ใช้ความรู้ 20 ปีของคุณเองน่ะครับ จะเป็นกำลังใจให้ คร้าบบบบบบบ

• Like 1

I was relating a similar experience, hence my remark in bold above beginning with "I".

I also intimated that in your situation i would probably have done the same.

that is twice now you have told me to reread a post I have understood clearly from the git go. Lets not make this a habit.

OK thumbsup.gif