Leather Soled Shoe Repair

jagi00

Be careful where you go. I had an expensive pair of shoes I bought at Central re-soled at my local shoe repair guy out in front of the Thai market. I don't know what the guy did, but the shoes are about 3-3.5 cm shorter than when I brought them in! My heels hung off the back and it looked stupid (and was very uncomfortable). Also he removed (and threw away) all the layers of inner lining so he could remove the stitching. The shoes were too loose and too short to ever wear again. I was not happy considering he charged me a high price for the quality soles. It was a very disappointing experience.

re.

About 50m past the No 1 Bar, off Loy Kroh Rd is a leather shop. I know they make shoes and boots so I think they could help you. It is on tghe same side as No 1..

not any more coz it closed about six months ago : ( and its probably going to be part

of the new developoment behind number 1 bar

dave2

post-42592-0-88720100-1346829110_thumb.j

Be careful where you go. I had an expensive pair of shoes I bought at Central re-soled at my local shoe repair guy out in front of the Thai market. I don't know what the guy did, but the shoes are about 3-3.5 cm shorter than when I brought them in! My heels hung off the back and it looked stupid (and was very uncomfortable). Also he removed (and threw away) all the layers of inner lining so he could remove the stitching. The shoes were too loose and too short to ever wear again. I was not happy considering he charged me a high price for the quality soles. It was a very disappointing experience.

sounds like he couldn't get a "farang" size 10/44 sole, so he decided to make the shoe fit the Thai "7" sole. That sounds like an awful lot of extra work for him. Plonker

Sadly you cannot find out how skillful these guys are until its too late.

Many shoe repair guys sitting around the market and the moat, with a large bucket of shoes, just tossed in there, I watched them glue the soles on, a few hammer taps, no tacks, then get the knife to trim. I wouldnt let them loose on expensive shoes, they have no respect for their value.

Also eager to find a good repairer.

I bought a pretty expensive pair of boots in BKK, (were they called Vieja?)

They had off white soles and extremely comfortable and soft tan leather uppers.

The uppers are still perfect, but despite little use the soles started suddenly just decomposing....not from wear, but from some chemical deterioration I guess.

Cannot bring myself to throw away uppers like that, need repairer.

My first suggestion didn't work so try this one - it was opend today. It is the leather shop on Sridonchai Rd heading towards the moat, on the left hand side, opposite 711. They have shoes on display as well as beautifully worked western saddles so I think the might be able to help you. Good luck.