Bangkok

Washington

New York

Milan

:o

1. Bangkok

2. Milano

3. Washington (Tyne and Wear, UK).

Never been to the US so I can't honestly rate New York, suspect it would be No4 though.

1.) Singapura

2.) Kuala Lumpur

3.) NongBuaLamphu

4.) Bangkok

5.)..............................

If this attack had taken place in Pattaya, The Pattaya Mail (with their stringer embedded among the local constabulary) would have reported this case. And probably, because of it's seriousness, it would also have been reported in Pattaya Today and covered on the local cable news network (Sophon).

WHY didn't either The Post or The Nation report this attack; it's obviously of interest to foreigners and it's seriousness warrants public attention. I bet, the Russian embassy knows all about this shocking case!

Me thinks....this story has been "sat-on" by the police and the authorities, particularly in light of the Kathleen Horton murder. Another case of a violent assault being hushed up.

Tourism is everything for Thailand, and I reckon this isn't an isolated case of a foreigner being viciously attacked by a Thai or Thais in the Khoa San Road area.

I've been there late at night on a few occasions in the last few years and I would say KSR is definitely anything but safe, with free-lancers roaming around, both with and without westerners, katoey hanging around, and a smattering of westerners apparently unaware of the dangers that KSR presents at night to the naive and unknowing, particularly if they've been drinking.

Also, it's a magnet for young Thai men, both with and without money, who appear to thrive on the energy there and the possibility for gratutious violence against backpackers.

Thailand can be a very dangerous place for foreigners.....particulary in tourist areas......despite what the authorities might like you to think!

I want everyone knows about this accident.

I’m a sister of the girl that was subjected to a knife attack in Bangkok.

Bandits used machete and attacked the first girl, trying to pull up the bag with money. They stabbed her face with the machete, back. My sister tried to safe her and to cover her with her own body and got machete cut to her face, neck and shoulder.

The third person that was in the car was my sister’s husband, he tried to help them but bandits put a gun to bear on him.

The bandits stole all their money.

I’m writing here because I want everyone knows that Russian government doesn’t help Russian tourists abroad. We called to every department of Russian and St Petersburg government and we were said that they aren’t able to help because they don’t have enough power to help.

Council of Russia in Bangkok brought 20$ to the hospital. It sounds like a flout.

Government of Thailand told us that they don’t have a possibility to help people who were attacked in Thailand, because in their law there isn’t any text about it.

Russians are in a hospital now and they don’t have any money there. We are trying to find money here to send them (they need about 900$ to pay for the surgery, medicine, food and so on)

If there are people here who live in Bangkok, please, help them with the money. They are in the General Hospital (Luang Road ), the 9-th floor).

Girl’s names are: Svetlana and Marina

Any kind of help would be accepted with gratitude.

Sorry for mistakes in English

Washington DC USA is a very dangerous and violent place particuarly at night. I wouldn't walk around unfamiliar neighborhoods etc.

maybe deserves a quick poll.........

"where do you feel safer at night"

Bangkok

Washington

New York

Milan

:o

1. Bangkok

2. Milano

3. Washington (Tyne and Wear, UK).

Never been to the US so I can't honestly rate New York, suspect it would be No4 though.

I want everyone knows about this accident.

I’m a sister of the girl that was subjected to a knife attack in Bangkok.

Bandits used machete and attacked the first girl, trying to pull up the bag with money. They stabbed her face with the machete, back. My sister tried to safe her and to cover her with her own body and got machete cut to her face, neck and shoulder.

The third person that was in the car was my sister’s husband, he tried to help them but bandits put a gun to bear on him.

The bandits stole all their money.

I’m writing here because I want everyone knows that Russian government doesn’t help Russian tourists abroad. We called to every department of Russian and St Petersburg government and we were said that they aren’t able to help because they don’t have enough power to help.

Council of Russia in Bangkok brought 20$ to the hospital. It sounds like a flout.

Government of Thailand told us that they don’t have a possibility to help people who were attacked in Thailand, because in their law there isn’t any text about it.

Russians are in a hospital now and they don’t have any money there. We are trying to find money here to send them (they need about 900$ to pay for the surgery, medicine, food and so on)

If there are people here who live in Bangkok, please, help them with the money. They are in the General Hospital (Luang Road ), the 9-th floor).

Girl’s names are: Svetlana and Marina

Any kind of help would be accepted with gratitude.

Sorry for mistakes in English

Thank you posting, Tanya.... and I'm very sorry about what happened to your sister, her friend, and her husband. Best of luck to all of them to recover quickly.

I'm also sorry for the treatment you've received from your government.

Lastly, I'm sorry for you to read some of the very stupid comments in this thread.

Has someone gone to the hospital to confirm Tanya31's story?

Tanya, can you tell us exactly where this attack took place?

The reports have mentioned the Khaosan Road. Is this accurate? At what time of day or night?

It staggers the imagination that such a thing could happen on that street.

Please furnish us with the information and keep us updated on their progress.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

:o WHY? Why would anyone come up with a story like this, put her time in writing the post here(she's Russian I assume)? Or do I miss your point here?

PS: I wrote this on a moment when you didn't 'edit' your post above, yet.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

It was happened at night at 1:00 on the Khaosan road. They had a dinner in a cafe and then went to thier hotel. When the car (open type of cars. I'd been to Thailand, so I don't know how do they look like) stopped near the traffic light two bandidts attacked them. My sister said they were on motorbikes. They used machete and a gun.

Please, you could check this information calling to a hospital. 2216141 ext. 10906

Please, they don't have money at all. If you could give any help, we would be very grateful.

It was happened at night at 1:00 on the Khaosan road. They had a dinner in a cafe and then went to thier hotel. When the car (open type of cars. I'd been to Thailand, so I don't know how do they look like) stopped near the traffic light two bandidts attacked them. My sister said they were on motorbikes. They used machete and a gun.

Please, you could check this information calling to a hospital. 2216141 ext. 10906

Please, they don't have money at all. If you could give any help, we would be very grateful.

International Red Cross might be able to assist? (worth a try)

:o WHY? Why would anyone come up with a story like this, put her time in writing the post here(she's Russian I assume)? Or do I miss your point here?

PS: I wrote this on a moment when you didn't 'edit' your post above, yet.

LaoPo

Firstly, I noted that her post was some hours old(from the day before) and there had been no comment, so I wasn't sure if her post was being ignored. So it was to bring attention to the post and invite comment.

Secondly, I'm not in Bangkok in order to do it myself.

Thirdly, if true, I was hoping that we could set up a small fund, to help.

Good enough?

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

LaoPo[/color]

Firstly, I noted that her post was some hours old(from the day before) and there had been no comment, so I wasn't sure if her post was being ignored. So it was to bring attention to the post and invite comment.

Secondly, I'm not in Bangkok in order to do it myself.

Thirdly, if true, I was hoping that we could set up a small fund, to help.

Good enough?

It's true that I wrote, and I don't ask to send money to me. I just ask to bring them to the hospital if someone wants to help and have this possibility.

Thank you

Dear friends,

Today they were sign out and they left the hospital. I don't know where they are now, because thier mobile phone were stolen also.

I've just got this information.

So now we can't send any money to hospital

I hope they would get in touch with me

Thanks for you attention.

Dear friends,

Today they were sign out and they left the hospital. I don't know where they are now, because thier mobile phone were stolen also.

I've just got this information.

So now we can't send any money to hospital

I hope they would get in touch with me

Thanks for you attention.

Tanya:

1. glad to hear they have been released from the hospital. I hope they will recover soon.

2. I don't understand why they didn't leave a message for you, when they left the hospital...? :o but hope they contact you (if they know where you are??)

Good luck

LaoPo

Incidents like this time after times after times. Most of the board members still insist Thailand is so safe so trouble-free, or keep comparing to their homes back in London or Chicago all these viscious places. This really disgusted me as well. If all the travel promoters and TAT can offer a simple words of warning, to avoid dark places at night in Thailand because Thailnad is not safe at night.

Samui is no Ibiza or Costa del Sol. Phuket is no Nice or Santorini. Bangkok is no Frankfurt or Stockholm.

The viscious crimes here in Thailand is much higher and more sudden and unexpected than these places that we are familiar with. Be careful at night.

I think a simple warning like this by the travel promoters can save the life of Elizebeth Horton and most of these tourists that have been murdered.

I'm quite disgusted at some of the posts here on this thread.

TV members jumping to the conclusion that the victims of this viscous attack were prostitutes, others glad to agree or chip in with talk of turf wars.

We here a lot of people on this site talking about respect, there is an out and out ban on talk about Prostitutes/Bar Girls, and yet this kind of abuse of people we non of us know is allowed to go on.

Quite disgusting, not the behaviour we expect from others who come to join this site and I suggest not the behaviour that reflects on TV in anything but a bad light.

Dark place? Leaving the Khaosan road at 1am?

There used to be police stationed at both ends of the street.

In addition, there is a police station at the west end, less than a couple of hundred metres away.

The Thai government are going to need to demonstrate that they care about the tourists and not just bleed them dry.

It is increasingly looking like a one way relationship.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

How did they resolve the problem of paying the hospital?

I'm triple disgusted that this was an knife attack on women.

Dirty, disgusting cowards.

I don't know the exact information, because we didn't talk too much (it's quite expensive to call from Russia to Bangkok). But she said me that for the hospital Russian Council has paid today. SO we got some support from Russian government!

When the car (open type of cars.

that sounds like they were in a tuk tuk . a bit scary , wonder if the driver was in cahoots?

I took a mate down to khao san road yesterday (saturday ) as he had not seen it and after a couple of beers while watching the parade we left from the western end . there was many touts , taxis and tuk tuks. I told him that I did not trust them and took him 50 metres down the road where I flagged down a new cab that was passing. My mate asked me why I waved one taxi on and chose another ( while he was thankfully admiring the nice aircon ) - so I pointed out to him that new taxi normally means new aircon :o