Sram Servicing/repairs In Thailand

AngelsLariat

I have SRAM Rival components on my road bike. The rear shifter is malfunctioning and it seems like something might be broken inside the shift lever mechanism. End result is that I'm stuck in one gear. From a quick google search, it appears that this is not an uncommon problem with SRAM shifters.

I've taken the bike to TCA and Jackie Bike in Chaing Mai but neither was able to help me. TCA seems to only want to service Campy and Jacky only Shimano. The bike was brought over from the US so taking it back to the original dealer isn't an option. Anyone know where I can get this serviced in Thailand? Ideally I'd like to find someplace that would have spare parts on hand for SRAM groupsets so as to avoid a long wait for them to order any needed parts.

I believe Worldbike is the official distributor in Thailand, I have heard that they stock shifter spare parts as i've seen many local riders wreck the internals of their Sram shifters also. Have you tried Velocity on huay kaew road heading towards CMU?

Forgot about Velocity, I stop by there tomorrow. But who is world bike? Are they a retail outlet or only a wholesaler?

• 3 weeks later...