2012 Yamaha Spark 135I

JimmyTheMook

For a while I was thinking of getting one. The 4 valve water cooled unit. (they also have the air cooled 2 valver) I had heard stories of 14 kph and other wonderful things by people Selling theirs.

I could only find the 4 valve with narrow cast wheels that limited tire choice. I'm big so I like to up grade my tires.

When my wife got a new water cooled 125 Mio at that time we had problems. 88 kph top speed and dismal 35 kpl economy. The dealer said that was normal, though my friends same bike would do 110 and get better fuel economy. Dealer after dealer was not help. So I went down to Bangkok to the main Yamaha office, they got their head tech in the room. I told my story., he said "huh" there was 2 minutes of silence and he walked out. With that kind of customer service I will never get a Yamaha again.

And sooner or later every one does need service.

A true test of a company is not how they are doing when things go right, but what they do when things go bad.

We have a spark 135 and a Mio for about 18 months or so now, the spark is by far the better bike and a lot faster (i have had 125km out of it and I am 90kg) the spark has bigger wheels that help with the potholes and it is very good on fuel, way better than the Mio in that respect, I have never had any problems with either of them to be honest and they both appear pretty bullet proof but for me the spark is a way better bike allround

• Like 1

I bought a Yamaha Spark 135RX late last year. It's done about 8000km now because I was riding it from Hua Hin to Ratchaburi and back once a week. I think it's a good, strong, reliable bike.

It cost around 53,000 baht with mag wheels.

Edited by alleykat