Charges Against Police Officer Found Valid For Trying To Help Red Bull Heir

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This not a matter of discipline, it is a criminal act and dealt with as such.

I agree, one of the charges that should be filed against this 'officer of the law' is attempting to pervert the course justice, maybe gross dereliction of duty and I am sure they could find many more if the books were opened and thrown at him.

nothing to do with this case but would just like to through it in as food for thought : In a case where I was interpreter in Thai court, it was found that the prosecutor was on the side of the guilty party, he was having an affair with the defendant, lawyers of victim found out about this and filed a complaint, so far he has been sent to Bangkok to an inactive post, rest to follow since case is still ongoing.

The rule of law means nothing to these people......Pandoras box is always open, it's how they live their lives.

The Thais don't realize it's cases like this yhat make them look stupid to the rest of the world........and with the F1 / Red Bull connection this story will cause major damage to the country is justice is not seen to be done.

"These people" and "The Thais" are very broad-sweeping generalities, wouldn't you say? Actually there are many Thais who hate the corruption, but feel paralyzed to do anything about it. And, while perhaps not as bad, I have similar frustrations about my own country's government and legal system.

I would say the comments are accurate. As generalizations go they are right on the button.

This not a matter of discipline, it is a criminal act and dealt with as such.

I agree, one of the charges that should be filed against this 'officer of the law' is attempting to pervert the course justice, maybe gross dereliction of duty and I am sure they could find many more if the books were opened and thrown at him.

In Australia if a police officer acted like this man he would face internal charges and in this instance would definately be dismissed from the force. He would also face criminal charges just like everyone else, more likely to receive a prison sentence because he is deemed to know better than joe citizen.

They charge the Butler (The little guy) who now faces a couple of years in the Hilton, The Police Officer gets an internal slap on the wrist and then it's whiskies all round and the parents are excused. How on earth do they expect people to respect the law when there is blantant double standards depending what pecking order you are in. All you can do is shake your head and think <deleted>.

I am convinced that the Thais really don't give a tinkers dam how the rest of the worl see them.

To the majority of Thais "the rest of the world" is a very vague concept. To most its where they are presently (which they could not locate on a map) and "somewhere else"

Indeed. Leaving Thailand requires inter-planetary travel

• Like 1

The PO that has been charged essentially tried to stop/ limit the flow of cash at a rather early stage after the ferrari incident by no droubt agreeing to accept a bribe to blame the housekeeper. IMO, this PO angered his superiors by attempting to prevent them from reaping cash benefits from this very rich family.

Was there not another cop that actually is in prison for stealing bribe money that should have been distributed up the ladder.

The rule of law means nothing to these people......Pandoras box is always open, it's how they live their lives.

The Thais don't realize it's cases like this yhat make them look stupid to the rest of the world........and with the F1 / Red Bull connection this story will cause major damage to the country is justice is not seen to be done.

"These people" and "The Thais" are very broad-sweeping generalities, wouldn't you say? Actually there are many Thais who hate the corruption, but feel paralyzed to do anything about it. And, while perhaps not as bad, I have similar frustrations about my own country's government and legal system.

The comparisons you've drawn up have absolutely no similarities in the ethical and moral scopes of the people who are citizens of the opposed countries. In fact, this truly is a much broader generalization of the former statement, which I view as a figurative way to point to facts of the matter; and hence is not a generalization gone astray such as yours. For example, we can theorize that a chimp has the mental capacity to hate, but then can we place the qualifications of that theory on the same "hate" scale of the chimp's more developed cousin?

I am daily finding more and more that the use here of the word "law" is nothing more than a tool for personal gain. It has nothing to do with justice, as humans understand it.

To elaborate further on my aforementioned example between human beings and chimps... Human beings can become effectively paralyzed from being able to do something only because there is a tangible barrier there. Chimps, on the other hand are effectively paralyzed from superstition and fear (no tangible barrier). The correlations of humans being paralyzed, and chimps being paralyzed are two separate issues with entirely separate ends.

Being human amounts to meeting out justice at the cost of personal gain. Being a chimp amounts to personal, selfish gain at the cost of meeting out justice.

Forgive my harshness, but if you will take a moment to read the headlines of the last month, I believe you will understand my disdain for chimps, who don human garments and babble words from the human language without any understanding of what they are saying. Incidentally, this is not in reference to you. My apologies.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Has it occured to anyone that this action in itself could in fact be a cover up for someone higher in the Police force and that the Pol Lt-Colonel is being used used as a scape goat for someonehigher up the police food chain to a certain degree, not disputing he should not be charged for what he has done, but one assumes the Yoovidhya family has contacts in the police who are a lot higher in rank than a lowly Lt-Colonel.

And in a situation like this, one assumes the family would be using their high level contacts and possibly the instruction came down to make this problem go away, and the Lt-Colonel was charged with this task and got caught out

Just a thought

A conspiracy within a conspiracy? Cool! Wouldn't suprise me here. Stranger things have happened whistling.gif

On the other hand, we're making progress. Usually the fall-guy merely hails from the ranks of the NCO's. Senior Sgt. Major seems to be a big favorite.

The Butler did it....classiccheesy.gif

Why does none of the main story surprise me one bit?

This butler must be worth his weight in gold.... or is it baht?

Not only does he offer to take the blame for the idiot son's thuggish behaviour but he then offers to take the rap for the father's inept attempt to pervert the course of justice as well.

Staff like this are truly hard to find these days.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 2

I have never heard of this committee:

police serious-case disciplinary investigation committee

Apparently, they aren't very active.

An inactive post?

I suspect that the serious-case disciplinary investigations committee is a department of the ministry of inactive posts. smile.png

In most western countries where cops are generally not on the take--or at least wouldn't flaunt it--wouldn't it sound strange to read that a butler was arrested at a cop's home? T.I.T. whistling.gif

Edited by Fookhaht

I am convinced that the Thais really don't give a tinkers dam how the rest of the worl see them.

To the majority of Thais "the rest of the world" is a very vague concept. To most its where they are presently (which they could not locate on a map) and "somewhere else"

Indeed. Leaving Thailand requires inter-planetary travel

I'd say it requires inter-dimensional travel.

• Like 1

Had the victim of Mr. Redbull Jr. been someone other than a policeman this crime would have been solved on the day of occurrence with the usual Burmese stand-in as perpetrator.

The fact that another policeman would cover up the reckless/drunk/purposeful murder of another law enforcement officer is really unconscionable.

I really can't rap my head around this.

I mean, even for the most corrupt Thai Policeman, how can you Rob justice from your own brother officer?

In most western countries where cops are generally not on the take--or at least wouldn't flaunt it--wouldn't it sound strange to read that a butler was arrested at a cop's home? T.I.T. whistling.gif

Sorry, my error has been spotted; butler was at the Red Bull baron's home. However, you should see the home of the chief of police in our mid-sized Isaan city. It has at least two gardeners and a security guard at the gate. A maid or butler would not be a surprise.

Would the tough line being shown if the man killed had been a member of the public and not a Policeman?

I hope that justice is done in this case. I'm sure all of all of Thailand is watching and waiting

Nothing personal BK just an extension of your thoughts.

Sadly I do not think real justice will be seen and even if it is the chances of him serving the 3-10 years in jail are not going to happen IMHO.

A perdictable outcome based on all previous scenarios in relation to the unlawful elite is he will one way or another never serve the sentence laid down by law, not even the minimum.

As for the rest of the Thailand, ( along with the international community ) watching, the very authorities who should care, do not and will continue their non abidance to law / accountability and do not. give a dam_n.

After all they are totally lacking in human compassion and integrity when looking after / protecting their own.

On the other hand as for the vast majority of offenders considered non elite ect. ect.they wil face the full force of the law along with high profiled and publised condemnation.

Guilty or as in many cases, even when innocent scapegoated because sadly there is no one of influence who considers them important enough to defend them.

I hope I am proved wrong and he does get the deserved maximum of 10 years or somewhere inbetween the 3-10.

Any fines will be totally meaningless as indeed a suspended sentence which is par for all of them, based on the offenders massive wealth and infuence thereof.

He will of course pay compensation but again this in no way reduces his guilt and callousness nor that of his infuencial and unprincipled back up team and the powers in lawful authority who as we debate will be manipulating facts and finding ways to weaken the evidence....what authority angry.png

marshbags mellow.png and as always disgusted and annoyed.gif

Edited by marshbags
  • Like 2

Has it occured to anyone that this action in itself could in fact be a cover up for someone higher in the Police force and that the Pol Lt-Colonel is being used used as a scape goat for someonehigher up the police food chain to a certain degree, not disputing he should not be charged for what he has done, but one assumes the Yoovidhya family has contacts in the police who are a lot higher in rank than a lowly Lt-Colonel.

And in a situation like this, one assumes the family would be using their high level contacts and possibly the instruction came down to make this problem go away, and the Lt-Colonel was charged with this task and got caught out

Just a thought

What does it really matter? Whatever sentence will be suspended and sombody will be transfered.

Like the 16 year old hi-so girl who crashed into the minibus causing the death of nine thais' it'll all be forgotten in another 18 months when the 'punishment' is handed down...This then gives everyone connected in the hi-so circles adequate time to do what only thai's can do best in times like this...very little!Saving face is much more important than valuing life here..everyone and anyone knows that..For the rich kid the only thing his well connected side of the family will be cursing is it was a policeman he killed ..otherwise it probably would not have even been highlighted!

If the cop keeps his pension then higher ups were also involved, and he is a scapegoat. If he looses his pension then he was the last rung on the late night ladder going up, and took it upon himself to do what he did, even though all others up, or down would have done the same thing.

A few years ago a not as influential, but connected, son of a person was given 10 years for driving into, and killing a group of bus passengers, lets see if this driver comes close to that penalty. I predict the cop will get a harsher sentence than the driver who did this killing, and no word yet on how much baht the family of the killed cop is being offered as restitution.

After the past few years of headline foot shooting, methinks adding this occasion to the lengthy list will not affect the worlds view one iota.

Posted Today, 08:42

POPULAR

I am convinced that the Thais really don't give a tinkers dam how the rest of the worl see them. What does a tree cares if a boar is scratching on it.this almighty superior race gives a f$$ what the rest of the world is thinking about them- on the other hand: where the heck is the rest of the world...

I think that Police chief inspector read too many Agatha Christie books to believe that the Butler is always guilty. He will of course explain to his comrades that he is sorry but misguided and he will never do it again. Of course while checking his account balance they will probably see that a large denomination was deposited to his account after he brought in the Butler for questioning. The money will of course be a mystery and unexplainable to the public. Such is life in Thailand and yes people replying on this topic are right, Thailand does not give a dam_n on how they are perceived in the world's eye.