Island Warned Of Water, Power Lack

Boater

Koh Samui residents are asked to prepare for water shortage as the island experiences drought and face problems with electricity and basic utility infrastructure.

Mr. Winchan Ningnoi, manager of the Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA), Koh Samui branch, said the amount of rainwater flowing into catchment areas in Samui forests is not enough because there has not been much rain.

http://samuiexpress....ater-power-lack

Edited by Rooo
Fair use

Where has Winchan been for the last 4 month's even blind Freddy knows there's been no rain so how the hell will there be any flow. We all know if you have a well and conserve what we have will get by. As for Hotel's and anyone relying on government to supply water or electricity they are not capable of planning and now it's the low season. My suggestion restrict the tourist or visitor's to 500,000 per year that's what the infrastructure is possibly able to handle.

areyou people blind w eare surrounded by water. wearean island.

Surely we coulduse seas water to genorate turbines to make electric.

what we need is a nuclear plant with homer simpson in charge anyone fancy the job of homer

Where has Winchan been for the last 4 month's even blind Freddy knows there's been no rain so how the hell will there be any flow. We all know if you have a well and conserve what we have will get by. As for Hotel's and anyone relying on government to supply water or electricity they are not capable of planning and now it's the low season. My suggestion restrict the tourist or visitor's to 500,000 per year that's what the infrastructure is possibly able to handle.

500k is too low.

The last few years have seen a lot of work being done to upgrade the intrastructure but only to the level it needed to be IMO 10 years ago.

what we need is a nuclear plant with homer simpson in charge anyone fancy the job of homer

We'll appoint you Big C to take on the job as Homer..... biggrin.png I think you fit the description very well, in the "minds eye"....tongue.pngwhistling.gif(mine at least!!!)

Two ways to conserve water.

1. Shower with a friend!!!

2. If it's yellow, let it mellow ...... if it's brown, flush it down! wink.png

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing you explain how that would work.

In france it works, but they have a real big difference between high and low tide. I doubt it would work in Thailand the differences are not that much.

We'll appoint you Big C to take on the job as Homer..... biggrin.png I think you fit the description very well, in the "minds eye"....tongue.pngwhistling.gif(mine at least!!!)

Two ways to conserve water.

1. Shower with a friend!!!

2. If it's yellow, let it mellow ...... if it's brown, flush it down! wink.png

That gives me a chance to have a shower with my misses sisters

Nonsensical troll post and responses to that post removed.

Please don't hijack the thread with this stuff.

And the above post isn't?

In comparison that one is the height of sensibility. Nothing wrong with a bit of humor, but total and complete nonsense is

Looking forward to seeing you explain how that would work.

Did a hole deep into the Earth's crust and fill it with sea water. In time the water will heat and generate steam which can be harvested to drive a turbine. The power generated can be used for general use as well as running a desalination plant. The rubble etc. from the digging can be dumped into the sea close to the airport which will allow for a much longer runway (747-A380). Given the huge amount of excavated rock at hand, the bridge from the mainland could also be constructed

• Like 2