U S Embassy In Bangkok Issues Security Warnings To Citizens In Thailand

webfact

I can't believe a crappy movie is making such an impact.

That's the excuse for those wanting to grab power in the post Arab Spring countries to solidify some gains in their potentially expanding networks, using emotional appeal. And also likely to affect the USA election in 2 months. If Obama wants dialog, that goes against the needs of those that want a Great Satan to war against, Romney would fit their needs well.

Of coarse it is only an excuse for these radical exremist muslims to stir up trouble against us infidels.

Every country who has these violent extremists causing trouble with their violent protests should be deported back to their origin, citizen or not.

That would sove the problems for us innocent CHRISTIANS.

Let them cause havoc and trash their own country.

THEN WHO CARES.

coffee1.gif

Well for once I almost agree with you.

I would have said all other religions not just Christians.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I formed my conclusions by working in Iraq and Afghanistan, and living another 10 years in the Persian Gulf. What about you guys silsburyhill, BKKBrit, ever been to Afghanistan, Iraq, or even lived in an Arab or Muslim country for that matter?

Many people haven't, so just take whatever is written without understanding the context.

I was born and raised in Malaysia; I have lived in Asia for 45 of my 47 years.Educated in Malaysia, Australia and the UK. I have countless Muslim friends in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia and around 5 in Bangkok. Saya cakap bahasa Malaysia. (I speak Malay almost fluently). And your next question is?

Edited by BKKBrit

A question to the posters that continuously quote the American Constitution on "Freedom of Speech"

For what reason do you think that American law is World law ?

The Americans may believe in :Freedom of Speech" but the many other countries maynot. Thats the problem with the internet.. Behavior that is acceptable in one country is made public for the whole world to see. And in instances like this we get to see how some beliefs differ.In this case to the point of violence. Perhaps the internet should be more localized and not so world accessible.

What I am saying is just because it is exceptable in America doesnot mean the rest of the world has to accept it. If "Freedom of Speech" is an America thing keep it in America as part of their culture. Many things happen in other cultures that America doesnot allow in America.Mexico has bullfights America doesnot and they are neighbours on the same continent.Should America allow bullfights? "Freedom of Choice".

I forgot to mention I agree with you "I like Thai"

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for saving me the time thumbsup.gif

I'm Christian and you know what Islam says about my religion? It says Jesus Christ wasn't the son of God. Neither was he crucified and he didn't die on the cross for the sins of the world. They have disrespected the foundation of my religion. Now do you see any Christians going out there protesting and killing Muslims? Or firebombing their mosques?

There is no excuse for their kind of barbaric behavior. And it's amazing some people are still practically defending what they're doing in the name of their peaceful religion.

No.. but I see Christians creating this stupid movie that seemed to have only 1 point.. to insult and incite violence and hatred.

I believe you should qualify this as extremist Christians as I think it fair to say they are not representative of all Christians just as extrmeist Muslims are not representative of all the adherents of Islam.

It is silly to say the uprisings are not related to the video because clearly it is. However, there are clearly other issues at play ... same as the LA Riots years ago were the result of the Rodney King issue but just as clearly had to do with underlying issues.

Although it is a no-brainer to condemn this violence, until these folks actually are listened to, it will never stop. Jews are certainly not evil and neither are Muslims but this is what much of the west want to make it about when it fact it is about a country, Israel and the US support it provides. Be it the ridiculous demand by the Israelies about Iran when Israel posses nukes to their having the most powerful military in the region because of the US and their constantly taking a victim role even though they have killed scores more Palestinians than Isralies have been killed in the conflict as they continue to bulldoze Palestinian homes and annex the land. Of course talk like this will be cause for Israel to call somebody an anti-semite even though this is talk of a country ... a country which I have yet to hear condemn this video.

Again, nothing wrong with Jews or Muslims but just about anytime you mix religion with State Politics, there is almost always going to be a negative and extreme result. And yes, their are insane Muslim leaders in countries but why harp on this when it is done throughout the media daily .. until people realize it takes two to tango and their is no evil comic book villain or pure good super hero in real life, the sooner things can begin to change.

A question to the posters that continuously quote the American Constitution on "Freedom of Speech"

The Americans may believe in :Freedom of Speech" but the many other countries maynot. Thats the problem with the internet.. Behavior that is acceptable in one country is made public for the whole world to see. And in instances like this we get to see how some beliefs differ.In this case to the point of violence. Perhaps the internet should be more localized and not so world accessible.

What I am saying is just because it is exceptable in America doesnot mean the rest of the world has to accept it. If "Freedom of Speech" is an America thing keep it in America as part of their culture. Many things happen in other cultures that America doesnot allow in America.Mexico has bullfights America doesnot and they are neighbours on the same continent.Should America allow bullfights? "Freedom of Choice".

Then what you're saying is that the Muslims shouldn't protest tomorrow because it's not really in their culture. They don't have freedom of speech so Thailand should not allow this .? I think you are brainwashed. Muslims or anyone should have the right to say what they believe. It goes both ways.

The states does not have freedom of speech. They have restrictions on what you can say.

They had freedom of speech up until communications became so easily accessible to every one.

You might say or print a lot of things that can find you in jail or in court getting your ass sued off

Beside what has freedom of speech got to do with killing and willful destruction of property. Not sure what country has that freedom care to enlighten me.

I formed my conclusions by working in Iraq and Afghanistan, and living another 10 years in the Persian Gulf. What about you guys silsburyhill, BKKBrit, ever been to Afghanistan, Iraq, or even lived in an Arab or Muslim country for that matter?

Many people haven't, so just take whatever is written without understanding the context.

I was born and raised in Malaysia; I have lived in Asia for 45 of my 47 years.Educated in Malaysia, Australia and the UK. I have countless Muslim friends in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia and around 5 in Bangkok. Saya cakap bahaasa Malaysia. (I speak Malay almost fluently). And your next question is?

Well when you are born with it and raised with it it is only natural that you believe it. No matter if it is right or wrong.

Then what you're saying is that the Muslims shouldn't protest tomorrow because it's not really in their culture. They don't have freedom of speech so Thailand should not allow this .? I think you are brainwashed. Muslims or anyone should have the right to say what they believe. It goes both ways.

The states does not have freedom of speech. They have restrictions on what you can say.

They had freedom of speech up until communications became so easily accessible to every one.

You might say or print a lot of things that can find you in jail or in court getting your ass sued off

Beside what has freedom of speech got to do with killing and willful destruction of property. Not sure what country has that freedom care to enlighten me.

Actually thats not really true when the States were formed we had Laws against critisizing public officals called sedition Laws and other Laws clearly against the constitution, then things shifted towards the constitution after the people who wrote it but couldn't live up to it died ..... then it shifted back to being more restrictive again.

Just punish the guy who made it ... And all this will be gone ....

Why punish the filmmaker and accept oppression from Arabs? Freedom of expression anyone?

Because Freedom of Speech shouldn't allow hatred of religion or ethnicity....wouldn't you agree that the world would be a happier place if there was less hate of others?

How right you are, Muslims hate Westerners, just think how happy the world would be if we could find a way to remove all Muslims to Muslim countries and make them stay there.

ermm.gif Oh dear.......

What you're referring to is defamation. You can't just say your Aunt died as a direct result of eating from McDonalds with no proof. I'm sad you don't understand what it means. Realistically freedom of speech is because of oppression from the monarchy's in our American history. This happens in Thailand right now. People can not talk about the King and Queen of Thailand or 'Royalty' in Thailand without the possibility of prosecution.

Do you believe things you talk about or believe in should be kept to yourself.? Or do you think that governments want to control what you say or believe for their own personal gains.

I was born and raised in Malaysia; I have lived in Asia for 45 of my 47 years.Educated in Malaysia, Australia and the UK. I have countless Muslim friends in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia and around 5 in Bangkok. Saya cakap bahaasa Malaysia. (I speak Malay almost fluently). And your next question is?

Well when you are born with it and raised with it it is only natural that you believe it. No matter if it is right or wrong.

Believe what? 555

Why punish the filmmaker and accept oppression from Arabs? Freedom of expression anyone?

Because Freedom of Speech shouldn't allow hatred of religion or ethnicity....wouldn't you agree that the world would be a happier place if there was less hate of others?

I'm Christian and you know what Islam says about my religion? It says Jesus Christ wasn't the son of God. Neither was he crucified and he didn't die on the cross for the sins of the world. They have disrespected the foundation of my religion. Now do you see any Christians going out there protesting and killing Muslims? Or firebombing their mosques?

There is no excuse for their kind of barbaric behavior. And it's amazing some people are still practically defending what they're doing in the name of their peaceful religion.

No.. but I see Christians creating this stupid movie that seemed to have only 1 point.. to insult and incite violence and hatred.

I believe you should qualify this as extremist Christians as I think it fair to say they are not representative of all Christians just as extrmeist Muslims are not representative of all the adherents of Islam.

Would the Presedent of the United States saying that his Christian God told him to invade Iraq qualify as killing Muslims and firebombing their Mosques ? ....... Probabbly not...... all that killing was just accidental and the Mosques collateral damage hu ?

So incredible that a country as USA cannot even protect its ambassador and other officials. Then it pretends to protect its citizens ? What a joke !

Chuck Norris is retired. Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and the Avengers are all away on tour. Americans have never felt so vulnerable.

Edited by rijb

I believe you should qualify this as extremist Christians as I think it fair to say they are not representative of all Christians just as extremist Muslims are not representative of all the adherents of Islam.

I thought the extremist Christians ended when the IRA stopped using the tactics the Muslims still use.

extremist Muslims are not representative of all the adherents of Islam.

True

But they are not condemned by the peaceful ones in fact they may well be supported by the peaceful ones. No violence in writing a check to your favorite terrorist group or sending them money. Terrorists are not self supporting unless you call stealing self supporting.

Now there is a demonstration planned for tomorrow. http://bangkok.usemb...itymessage.html

I assume this is Muslims protesting the movie. Or is it PAD?

I think we should protest the movie because it SUCKED so bad. I could literally only watch about 45 seconds of it.

I'm not sure I got that far. Maybe 30 seconds.. my 89 year old crippled mother could have done a better job and she's senile..

• Like 1

I believe you should qualify this as extremist Christians as I think it fair to say they are not representative of all Christians just as extremist Muslims are not representative of all the adherents of Islam.

I thought the extremist Christians ended when the IRA stopped using the tactics the Muslims still use.

extremist Muslims are not representative of all the adherents of Islam.

True

But they are not condemned by the peaceful ones in fact they may well be supported by the peaceful ones. No violence in writing a check to your favorite terrorist group or sending them money. Terrorists are not self supporting unless you call stealing self supporting.

"I thought the extremist Christians ended when the IRA stopped using the tactics the Muslims still use"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

have a look around the world mate....

So incredible that a country as USA cannot even protect its ambassador and other officials. Then it pretends to protect its citizens ? What a joke !

Chuck Norris is retired. Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and the Avengers are all away on tour. Americans have never felt so vulnerable.

There would still be the rest of The Expendables, no? even though Chuck Norris has retired...

Btw - the American government knew two days in advance that there was trouble ahead and simply did nothing to warn or evacuate the ambassador and staff in time... reminds me of an earlier episode, where passenger airplanes with radio and beacon switched off steered right into restricted public areas without anyone doing a dam_n thing about it. We all know how it ended... Enough "coincidence" for the "everything is gonna be ok" guys out there???

Freedom because of opression from england you are so misinformed it's ridiculous ...... America was formed because about 12 men were killed in Boston not for ANY other reason , the people who wrote the constitution passed laws making speaking against the government a crime, which is by your account what they cured because of opression from someplace else , just plain not true , they did exactly what you say they prevented , it wasnt until someone from Vermont who was in Jail ran for governor so he could pardon himself for the crime of speaking against the government did we have that right ...... long after these wonderfull saviors you think solved everything became unimportant ...... that has absolutely nothing to do with oppresion from someplace else , it has to do with Americans getting tired of being oppressed by other Americans.

It's just plain sad that people are so uninformed as to the reasons we have the laws we have and how the country really was in the beginning ..... we have freedom IN SPITE of the founding fathers and wealthy voting landowners of yesteryear who were oppressors not Because of them. To say that the oppressors that wrote the constiution caused the freedom they refused to allow is nonsense. We would have written it that way eventually without the oppressors.

There would still be the rest of The Expendables, no? even though Chuck Norris has retired...

Btw - the American government knew two days in advance that there was trouble ahead and simply did nothing to warn or evacuate the ambassador and staff in time... reminds me of an earlier episode, where passenger airplanes with radio and beacon switched off steered right into restricted public areas without anyone doing a dam_n thing about it. We all know how it ended... Enough "coincidence" for the "everything is gonna be ok" guys out there???

hmmmmm? I smell another conspiracy theory.....hahahahahhahha give it a rest

this whole episode is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of.... for a movie - ---<deleted>??!! hahahahahahahaha

Seems to me this respect thing is a one way street for Muslim fascists and their moronic left wing apologists. So I guess were marching back to the Dark Ages where criticizing religion is forbidden, this time in the name of "respect" and the threat of violence. Apparently burning American flags in the streets, blowing up 1500 year old Buddhist statues, desecrating the graves of WWII American soldiers in France, trashing the Church of the Nativity in the West Bank and Christians being literally burned out of their homes in Egypt doesn't constitute a lack of respect in the least, but a YouTube short warrants death. You DO NOT have the right to be not offended in this life and you DO NOT have the right to inflict violence on others for cartoons and YouTube clips half a world away. The world would be a happier place if people stopped killing in the name of religion, not if everyone threw away free speech under threat of violence from murdering religious thugs.

• Like 2

Freedom because of opression from england you are so misinformed it's ridiculous ...... America was formed because about 12 men were killed in Boston not for ANY other reason , the people who wrote the constitution passed laws making speaking against the government a crime, which is by your account what they cured because of opression from someplace else , just plain not true , they did exactly what you say they prevented , it wasnt until someone from Vermont who was in Jail ran for governor so he could pardon himself for the crime of speaking against the government did we have that right ...... long after these wonderfull saviors you think solved everything became unimportant ...... that has absolutely nothing to do with oppresion from someplace else , it has to do with Americans getting tired of being oppressed by other Americans.

It's just plain sad that people are so uninformed as to the reasons we have the laws we have and how the country really was in the beginning ..... we have freedom IN SPITE of the founding fathers and wealthy voting landowners of yesteryear who were oppressors not Because of them. To say that the oppressors that wrote the constiution caused the freedom they refused to allow is nonsense. We would have written it that way eventually without the oppressors.

You sure love casually throwing around the word "oppressor" as if you suffered these hardships. So anyone who doesn't agree with your hysterical views is "uninformed"? gimme a break.

While I think I understand and agree with your point, technically destruction of property can be considered freedom of speech be it burning a flag, bible, Koran to company products including a vehicle and if you ask many Americans (conservative republicans), they'll tell you many Americans have died and killed to protect these freedoms.

You sure love casually throwing around the word "oppressor" as if you suffered these hardships. So anyone who doesn't agree with your hysterical views is "uninformed"? gimme a break.

No people who throw people in Jail for critising the government are opressors my suffering or not is not relevant and obviously I wasnt around in the 1800's ......... my views are facts not hysterical opinions or views. And yes anyone who doesn't know about that part of american history is obviously uninformed about it now arent they ? I used the term because I was responding to another post that used the term btw.

if there god is so powerful why dont they just leave him to sort out the problems on his own, instead of this bull=== about offending religion, the same was done with monty python but did the christians, who apparantly are the biggest religous group in the world worry about taking the piss out of christ, no they did not, what a crock of shit excuse they use for there own religion, and for people who dont eat pork they name some one more ham head

Why should extremist Christians automatically be praised/blamed for creating that video. Why couldn't an atheist who dislikes Muslims create it? Why must Westerners pretend they don't dislike Muslims while the Muslims make their sentiments crystal clear.

I agree to less hatred; as in anyone who is not a believer of Islam is worthy of death.

... and lower than a dog, according to the original text in the Quran ... The Talmud however has similar verses about "Gojims" their word for "non believers", saying for example that the semen of a "Gojim" is equal to cattle semen, etc.

Who on earth with a healthy mindset can make a pile of paper containing such insane phrases their "holy book"? It's just about time for a big reset here to get rid of all this hatred b#ll$3it. The reset will most certainly be painful but as long as in the end unconditional love prevails, leading humankind in a new era of happiness, love and mutual understanding, I believe it will be worth all the pain. We can't live modern lives in a modern and so-called "civilized" world while holding on to religions that make us hate each other. Isn't that a plain and simple truth?

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

These are the same folks the American Taliban (Tea Party) worship and the times they want America to return to. I have little doubt these extremist have gained traction because of Muslim extremists and 9/11. Seems that extremists not only have a way of creating other radicals on their own side but also just as extreme views on the other side. If America doesn't keep itself in check, there will be a war against Islam and the people will blindly follow these tea bag leaders as German citizens followed Hitler down the road of genocide.

Edited by Nisa