Awesome Travel Videos About Bangkok - By 'the Most Cinematic Video Guys'

8milesfromhome

Nice production, get it into some shorts festivals but you should learn how to pronounce the words. Ask the locals when you travel. Wat is pronounced the same as What but spelt without the "h". Ayu_thaiya is pronounced Ayoothia etc., but no complaints - just pointing out technical issues that make or breaks a production (I have 30 years experience in this).

Nice production, get it into some shorts festivals but you should learn how to pronounce the words. Ask the locals when you travel. Wat is pronounced the same as What but spelt without the "h". Ayu_thaiya is pronounced Ayoothia etc., but no complaints - just pointing out technical issues that make or breaks a production (I have 30 years experience in this).

hate to break it to you tiger, on both counts you are wrong.

Not according to my 12 years working around there. wai.gif

Not according to my 12 years working around there. wai.gif

Sounds like Oxford v local dialect, whatever it is it's very good, however, I think you make a good point that the quality of the videos will be even better for the future if they check pronunciation with a Thai.

As to the comment about the sound, I had no difficulty with any of it, but then, even at my advanced age, I don't have many hearing problems (except when er indoors yells at me laugh.png )

am i the only one wondering what visa this couple is on whilst 'living their dream' (and earning!) in Thailand?

working (they are youtube partners with ads on their vids that once clicked, earn them money) as a freelance photographer/videographer who then sells his work without a work permit is dodgy to say the least..whistling.gif

one could be the cynic and say they are just spamming TV with their youtube vids (for the ad clicks they may recieve, to give them $£thb) i'm a YT partner too and know how the greasy game works, but wouldn't dream of abusing TV's 'no free advertising' usual rule.

so there you have it... are you legal to 'work' here 8 mile? (ve have vays of finding out)

am i the only one wondering what visa this couple is on whilst 'living their dream' (and earning!) in Thailand?

working (they are youtube partners with ads on their vids that once clicked, earn them money) as a freelance photographer/videographer who then sells his work without a work permit is dodgy to say the least..whistling.gif

one could be the cynic and say they are just spamming TV with their youtube vids (for the ad clicks they may recieve, to give them $£thb) i'm a YT partner too and know how the greasy game works, but wouldn't dream of abusing TV's 'no free advertising' usual rule.

so there you have it... are you legal to 'work' here 8 mile? (ve have vays of finding out)

Oh dear......

Oh dear......

point?

self promotion through fake accounts is the new buzz in online marketing.. but here is the nub of my post - if i were a fully paid up sponsor of TV, with ads on this site in hope of an eventual & ultimate financial return, i'd be pretty p#ssed at some of the antics that other ppl can pull to get the same attention/attraction/gain without parting with a single satang... if anything, my point is to the mods to just be aware of it (if they aren't already).

Oh dear......

point?

self promotion through fake accounts is the new buzz in online marketing.. but here is the nub of my post - if i were a fully paid up sponsor of TV, with ads on this site in hope of an eventual & ultimate financial return, i'd be pretty p#ssed at some of the antics that other ppl can pull to get the same attention/attraction/gain without parting with a single satang... if anything, my point is to the mods to just be aware of it (if they aren't already).

Newbie, you are either jealous of their talent or truly a social gadfly. If you bothered to look at their likes you will see who supports them and their contribution to TV. If you'd like to post your videos so we can critic them please do so.

I personally love their videos and I am happy they take time to share them to TV members, if they stop sharing sad for the community on TV however I'm safe because I bookmarked their site.

• Like 1