Kippers

Tesco have oval shaped ring pull cans containing something that comes pretty close. Again they are quite expensive. I can't remember further details other than I couldn't read anything on the can (a friend had recommended them).

HTH

Edited by evadgib

If Tops do not have them, you might want to try the hotel suppliers as well. The first place that I would look is Calibri Foods on Soi Calibri.

(Off the Beach Road - opposite to Poppies and up a bit)

Travelling further afield from central Chewang - All Star. It's on the Lake Road, almost opposite the big gold shop near where the ghost road comes out.

After that, maybe Choice Foods. A big white container on the road on the right halfway from Big Buddha towards Choengmon.

Happy Kippering

Edited by Tropicalevo

I have tried the ring pull can type but they are not the same as your British Kipper. They are more your Scandinavian type fish. The boil in the bag sound like the ones back home.

I have heard of Calibri but the couple of times I've tried to find it I have failed miserably biggrin.png

Go to the Centara Grand Beach Hotel (was Central Resort) on the Beach Road.

Facing the hotel - to the left are shops (Jim Thompson being the nearest one.) Stand outside Jim Thompson and Soi Calibri is almost directly opposite you. Slightly to your left. From memory - a gold shop on the corner.

Cheers. I will give it a look when go to try Tops. No wonder I could never find it as was looking in the totally wrong place.

Arghhh the Kipper craving! I have about an 80% success rate with Tops. They usually taste pretty good but sometimes a little salty.