Internet Package For Skype

motdaeng

since a few years i am using 3bb premier (for international connection?) 3 bm / 1 mb package

for 1'166.30 thb (incl vat). most of the time (about 70%) it works fine for me ....

what is only important to me, using skype calling manly landlines (no video calling). therefore

i need to have a stable and reliable connection (24 hr) for phone calls via skype to europe.

3bb does now offer many different and faster packages, but not anymore premier! maybe someone

of you have a similar use with skype, what kind of internet- company- speed - package do you use

and what is the quality (using skype - landline calls) like?

thanks for share your experience

motdaeng

You can't rely on any one service at any particular time, though most of them work most of the time. If perfect reliability is needed, get two different services and a load-balancing router. Should be fine as long as the undersea cables stay intact.

A company I worked for looked desperately for a reliable Internet service provider in Bangkok. After trying many, they came to the conclusion that there isn't.

There are some extremely expensive business dedicated line installation, but this is so overpriced that using your mobile phone to do international calls instead of Skype would still be cheaper than that.

I use 3.5g on my AIS prepaid card to cover for the frequent hickups on the TOT ADSL line. 3 gigabytes of traffic for 850thb. Quite convenient if you've got a phone with WiFi/USB tethering.

A couple of years ago I paid around 5000 a month for a half megabit leased line from a company called Inet. It seems a lot to pay, but it was bloody excellent. It was up with full speed and consistently low latency for 2 years. If there was a problem with the line they called me. That happened twice. Once when the power cord to the Cisco router they had installed in my flat accidentally got pulled while cleaning. The other time I was away for the weekend, they called me on a Sunday and apologized for a technical issue but assured me the line would be up within half an hour. So there is such a thing as a reliable internet line in Thailand if you're willing to pay for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App