24 Hour Coffee Shop Pattaya?

KelCastro

Are you talking about wifi supplied by the apartment block or 3G aircard from true or AIS etc?

I'm up in the boonies, but can get a pretty good connection nowadays. I would have thought that you would get a decent connection everywhere in Pattaya

You can 'tether' your cellphone to your laptop and browse through that. If you have a blackberry you can get unlimited internet for 300 baht. All you need to do after that is establish a bluetooth connection between your phone and laptop. Easy.

Are you talking about wifi supplied by the apartment block or 3G aircard from true or AIS etc?

I'm up in the boonies, but can get a pretty good connection nowadays. I would have thought that you would get a decent connection everywhere in Pattaya

The supplied apartment block. We tried a true or 3bb card, but those signals aren't consistent in our building either. The name appears but theres no bars for the signal. How was this for you and which company did you go with?

You can 'tether' your cellphone to your laptop and browse through that. If you have a blackberry you can get unlimited internet for 300 baht. All you need to do after that is establish a bluetooth connection between your phone and laptop. Easy.

I do have a blackberry... I turned on the bluetooth on both things: computer and phone. It has discovered eachother, but it isn't connected. What am I missing? I have tried flicking through the options (web browsing, internet sharing, etc) - didn't change anything.

I bought an AIS air card/dongle a few months back, about 1500 baht, then pay for data useage as I go, seems to work OK, based in naklua.

Alternatively World of Sport in naklua is a 24 hour sports bar/restaurant that claim to have wifi.

I`ve never tried using the wifi there.

Good Luck.

I do have a blackberry... I turned on the bluetooth on both things: computer and phone. It has discovered eachother, but it isn't connected. What am I missing? I have tried flicking through the options (web browsing, internet sharing, etc) - didn't change anything.

You need to go to network preferences (MacBook) and setup a new internet connection. You will be asked for some information:

Configuration: Use default

Account name: use your BB username

Password: Use your BB password

Then click on setup bluetooth device.

Once the connection is established, go to the little telephone icon in the top bar of the screen. Click "connect bluetooth dun". You should be set.

(I'm assuming your using a Macbook. If your using windows, Google it.)

You need to go to network preferences (MacBook) and setup a new internet connection. You will be asked for some information:

Configuration: Use default

Account name: use your BB username

Password: Use your BB password

Then click on setup bluetooth device.

Once the connection is established, go to the little telephone icon in the top bar of the screen. Click "connect bluetooth dun". You should be set.

(I'm assuming your using a Macbook. If your using windows, Google it.)

I am using a MacBook. I have all those things in place and it still isn't working. It says connecting (light turns green), and then 5 seconds later it says disconnecting with an error message.

Does the telephone format matter?

I have Generic, GPRS/3G, APN: internet and CID:1 --under Network settings Are these correct?

Ive tried google, youtube, the AIS page.... nothing is giving me the right info.

Oh and I have the 799BB bundle package already.

The supplied apartment block. We tried a true or 3bb card, but those signals aren't consistent in our building either. The name appears but theres no bars for the signal. How was this for you and which company did you go with?

I am using My from CAT, 3g H+, it's the same network as Truemove H. Drawback is that speed slows dramatically if you use more than 4GB per month but that's not a problem for me.

If the building structure is interfering with the signal, it may be worthwhile considering buying an aircard that has an external antenna socket if it is possible to mount an antenna outside.