Sending Money Within Thailand

breadbin

Hello

Can anyone advise how a person can send money in Thailand to another in Thailand other than via Western Union and without the recipient having a bank account?

I am sure there used to be another way but cannot remember it.

Sums of around 100,000 to be transferred and collected in cash in Bangkok.

Thanks

Here's the link:

http://www.thailandpost.co.th/service-detail.php?sid=14&service=80

Online Money Order

Service description

Domestic money order service via a computer network which enables the customers to make financial transactions without using bank account. The overall process takes 15 minutes and the recipient can collect his/her money at the destination post office by showing his/her Identification Card. Short message of maximum 100 characters (including spaces) can also be attached to recipient.

Terms and conditions

Maximum amount: 50,000 THB per one transaction. A money order can be remitted to the same recipient for the maximum amount of 100,000 THB per day.

Points of sale

All post offices and post shops nationwide

Rates of service

• 40 THB for the first 1,000 THB

• 2 THB for any additional 1,000 THB or fraction thereof (VAT excluded)

• 10 THB per a message to recipient

I think it is nothing to do with a bank nor computer.

It's done at a post office.

You pay your local post office the money, they write out a postal order,

including the name of the sender, the recipient and the post office at which the

money is to paid back at.

I'm not sure if you or the post office are responsible for sending the postal order

to the recipient by EMS, but the recipient will need to go to the named post office to receive

the money and must take some form of ID, passport for non-Thai, ID card for Thai.

I live in UK. So no need for Thai account!

how a person can send money in Thailand to another in Thailand

unsure.png

You are both IN Thailand

What do you want me to ask? How does someone send me money from withIN Thailand when I am IN Thailand.

Petty idiots ruining another post. Pathetic really when someone needs useful advice.

Thanks to all who have tried to advise. I know about western union but was looking for something cheaper as I need to have transferred a few hundred thousand.

Cheers

unsure.png

You are both IN Thailand

What do you want me to ask? How does someone send me money from withIN Thailand when I am IN Thailand.

Petty idiots ruining another post. Pathetic really when someone needs useful advice.

Thanks to all who have tried to advise. I know about western union but was looking for something cheaper as I need to have transferred a few hundred thousand.

Cheers

Maybe I'm ignorant, but in your op, you said that the sender and receiver are both staying in Thailand. Then you say that you are living in UK, then in your last post you say that you are in Thailand. Can you make up your mind?

So, as the transfer is about several hundred thousand (I assume Baht) why don't both of you just open a bank account, and make the transfer?

unsure.png

You are both IN Thailand

Cheers

youve got a cheek calling any one names,with some of the sublime posts you have made.stones in greenhouses come to mind.

I live in the UK. I do not have a Thai bank account. I have a UK bank account. I will be in Thailand soon for a few days. I will want money sent to me from someone who is Thai, does not speak English, does not have or know how to use a computer and is in his 70's- father in law.

I don't want to open a Thai account for just this transfer as it'll never be used.

Is this clearer for you?

If you know or advise what I can do I would read your post with thanks.

If you want to be a cock and troll and cause trouble I suggest you post on another forum, maybe you could start one? I can think of a few names if it was to be named after you!!!

Kind regards