Where To Buy Descaler For Coffee Machine?

raybarrell

Vinegar can leave an after taste.

Buy Citric acid crystals ( the major ingredient in coffee descaller ) Small bottle is enough for 8 to 10 descales cost only a few baht

Anything will leave an after taste which is why you run a few cycles of of water through to flush i out afterwards. This is also why you don't use 100% vinegar to clean but only 50%.

Edited by Jayman

Buy Citric acid crystals ( the major ingredient in coffee descaller ) Small bottle is enough for 8 to 10 descales cost only a few baht

Anything will leave an after taste which is why you run a few cycles of of water through to flush i out afterwards. This is also why you don't use 100% vinegar to clean but only 50%.

... and also why they suggest (in your linked article) to make a throw away batch of coffee after you've rinsed it out.

... and also why they suggest (in your linked article) to make a throw away batch of coffee after you've rinsed it out.

and does that seem unreasonable? Would you not do the same with any chemical based, branded cleaner you put in your machine anyways?

Where can you buy these crystals from plz?

and does that seem unreasonable? Would you not do the same with any chemical based, branded cleaner you put in your machine anyways?

Did I suggest it was? I think it's a perfectly sensible idea, but I probably won't follow it because I don't have stale coffee to waste. I'll risk a vinegary taste in my first batch - no big deal.

I don't have stale coffee to waste. I'll risk a vinegary taste in my first batch - no big deal.

No big deal. Of course, you could also just run a cycle thru used coffee grounds, unless you don't want to waste those either.

• Like 1

I don't have stale coffee to waste. I'll risk a vinegary taste in my first batch - no big deal.

No big deal. Of course, you could also just run a cycle thru used coffee grounds, unless you don't want to waste those either.

That's a great idea!

Just run hot water through it to rinse it like you would anything else. No need to use grounds as part of the cleaning process. Vinegar is water soluble and any residual vinegar will get washed out using plain old water.

Just run hot water through it to rinse it like you would anything else. No need to use grounds as part of the cleaning process. Vinegar is water soluble and any residual vinegar will get washed out using plain old water.

I used vinegar on mine and followed that exact process. No problem. I must say that afterwards my coffee did taste better!