Annual Flu Shot

Just read about some research done in the Netherlands an Germany about that the flu shots being used nowadays aren't that effective anymore for the strains of flu that are found in the wild. The risk/effect ratio was quit negative. They only advise it to elderly people in risk area's.

Edited by ikbenhet

Just read about some research done in the Netherlands an Germany about that the flu shots being used nowadays aren't that effective anymore for the strains of flu that are found in the wild. The risk/effect ratio was quit negative. They only advise it to elderly people in risk area's.

Could well be, but better safe than sorry. No flu for me over the last 12 month.....so wanna keep it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Nathon Hospital today but they said that they were out of the flu vaccine so then I went to everyone's favorite, BHS. Now, they advertise every year in the newspaper that the flu vaccine is 980B, and I confirmed the price at the front desk, so when I got the bill for 1,780B I was a bit upset. Their explanation was 980B for the injection and 800B for telling the doctor I wanted the injection. I remember getting this same injection before at the other hospitals for around 850B. Once again, if anybody knows where to get it at a reasonable price let me know for next year.