United Nations Honours Yingluck

webfact

UN honours Yingluck

THE NATION

30192107-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The United Nations will present a plaque to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in recognition of her role in encouraging more women to get involved in disaster-reduction efforts in Asia.

Margareta Wahlstrom, the UN secretary-general's special representative for disaster-risk reduction, will presenting the plaque to Yingluck at a ceremony to mark the International Day for Disaster Reduction at Thammasat University's Tha Prachan campus tomorrow. The theme for the day this year is "Women and Girls: The Invisible Force of Resilience".

The prime minister is being recognised for "her commitment to empower more women on disaster-risk reduction in Asia", the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction said.

Yingluck has assigned Science Minister Plodprasob Surassawadee to accept the award on her behalf because she will be busy recording her television show ahead of her trip to Kuwait next week, where she will attend the Asia Cooperation Dialogue.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-11

Why don't you guys give her a break. She's the perfect symbol for Thailand. Tell me a quality that is embodied in Thai society that she does not have?wai.gif

Now let me see ...

- Thai national --> check

- smiling --> check

- bad English --> check

- evasive, non-confrontational --> check

- has mobile --> check

- loves family, takes care of brother(s) --> check

- corrupt --> FAIL, too rich to need to be

wai.gif

See I told you. Be nicer to the lady she is a national treasure.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Not even news worthy. Coercion not encouragement from the UN and such a lame topic. coffee1.gif

Of course it's not newsworthy. It's a story about something positive in the current government, but hasn't stopped the knocker brigade here.
  • Like 1

Why don't you guys give her a break. She's the perfect symbol for Thailand. Tell me a quality that is embodied in Thai society that she does not have?wai.gif

Now let me see ...

- smiling --> check

- bad English --> check

- has mobile --> check

wai.gif

Surely you mean " Her family has the national treasure"?

Now let me see ...

- smiling --> check

- bad English --> check

- has mobile --> check

wai.gif

Surely you mean " Her family has the national treasure"?

We all know that's a joke and who has the real money round these parts.wai.gif

Quote// Margareta Wahlstrom, the UN secretary-general's special representative for disaster-risk reduction, will presenting the plaque to Yingluck at a ceremony to mark the International Day for Disaster Reduction at Thammasat University's Tha Prachan campus tomorrow Unquote//.

Margot Wahlstrom has about as much knowledge about disaster-risk reduction as Yingluck Shinawatra so it makes sense that this nonsense plaque should be presented to the Minister of flood prevention and any other upcoming risk/event in Thailand as he surely has the competence. Laurel and Hardy could not have done this better.

This just goes to show what a joke the UN is. What a bunch of facists, patting each other on the back. Of course they love her, she's a dictator wanna be's sister. Next, she and her brother will share the Nobel Peace Prize, and Obama will present it. (Remember him, Mr. Peace, who has bombed many more than his predecessor? Drones? Nobel Peace Prize is a joke, too.).

• Like 1

Not even news worthy. Coercion not encouragement from the UN and such a lame topic. coffee1.gif

Of course it's not newsworthy. It's a story about something positive in the current government, but hasn't stopped the knocker brigade here.

Stop them....they are struggling to move up a gear as their vain attempts are exposed more frequently as futile

Yingluck is popular despite her obvious links to her brother......can you feel the pain on Tvisa?

Stop them....they are struggling to move up a gear as their vain attempts are exposed more frequently as futile

Yingluck is popular despite her obvious links to her brother......can you feel the pain on Tvisa?

No doubt this will add to the pain and somehow be denied...........

83 % of those polled want the PM to continue.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/author/bangkokpundit/

http://asiancorrespondent.com/89907/polls-on-the-1-year-mark-of-the-yingluck-government/

Q2: Political strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats between Puea Thai and the Democrats (จุดแข็ง (Strengths) จุดอ่อน (Weaknesses) โอกาส (Opportunities) ปัญหาอุปสรรค (Threats) ในทางการเมือง ระหว่างพรรรคเพื่อไทย และพรรคประชาธิปัตย์)

Microsoft Excel

BP: This isn’t good for the Democrats.

Q3: Should Yingluck be given the opportunity to continue to work (ควรให้โอกาสนายกรัฐมนตรียิ่งลักษณ์ ชินวัตรทำงานต่อไ)?

1. Yes, she should have the opportunity to continue to work (ควรให้โอกาสทำงานต่อไป), 83.6%

2. No, she should not have the opportunity (ไม่ควรให้โอกาส), 16.4%

Q4: What period of time would you support the current government under Yingluck to continue working (ช่วงเวลาที่สนับสนุนให้รัฐบาลชุดปัจจุบันภายใต้การนำของ นางสาวยิ่งลักษณ์ ชินวัตร ทำงานต่อไป)?

1. Less than 6 months, 14.7%

2. 6-12 months, 10%

3. 1-2 years, 20.1%

4. More than 2 years until the end of its term, 55.2%

http://asiancorrespo.../bangkokpundit/

http://asiancorrespo...uck-government/

Q2: Political strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats between Puea Thai and the Democrats (จุดแข็ง (Strengths) จุดอ่อน (Weaknesses) โอกาส (Opportunities) ปัญหาอุปสรรค (Threats) ในทางการเมือง ระหว่างพรรรคเพื่อไทย และพรรคประชาธิปัตย์)

Microsoft Excel

Q3: Should Yingluck be given the opportunity to continue to work (ควรให้โอกาสนายกรัฐมนตรียิ่งลักษณ์ ชินวัตรทำงานต่อไ)?

1. Yes, she should have the opportunity to continue to work (ควรให้โอกาสทำงานต่อไป), 83.6%

Q4: What period of time would you support the current government under Yingluck to continue working (ช่วงเวลาที่สนับสนุนให้รัฐบาลชุดปัจจุบันภายใต้การนำของ นางสาวยิ่งลักษณ์ ชินวัตร ทำงานต่อไป)?

2. 6-12 months, 10%

3. 1-2 years, 20.1%

It's good that people understand that a legal government should be able to see out it's term. Beats having riots and gun toting protesters in the streets trying to overthrow it.

I think I know how the poor lady must feel…. I have also been in a situation (in University) where I had presented something by just reading copied text. In other words, I had no clue what I was talking about. Very embarrassing…

You still don't.smile.png

Why not?

I would imagine it is becaue you know nothing about Thailand but I'm not sure.

As a start, try to understand your own shortcomings and slowly people will respect you for what you are but I am not sure.

Don't give up.

Edited by Nickymaster

Microsoft Excel

2. 6-12 months, 10%

3. 1-2 years, 20.1%

It's good that people understand that a legal government should be able to see out it's term. Beats having riots and gun toting protesters in the streets trying to overthrow it.

Absolutely agree.

Please inform the military.

Microsoft Excel

2. 6-12 months, 10%

3. 1-2 years, 20.1%

What if the legally elected government does illegal things?

Remember that if you are elected it doesn't mean you can create your own laws and start treating the country as if it was yours.

Edited by Nickymaster