Private Practice Health Care Business

Hello all. I am interested to learn how to start a private practice in Thailand.

I do a form of manual therapy that I have thoroughly researched and learned that will be in high demand in Thailand so i am not asking about that.

Rather, I would like to learn the realities I will face in terms of starting this kind of business.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this type of business in Thailand? Is it possible? What would be my first steps forward with the process?

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I should have clarified, I am interested specifically about the visa and legal aspects of starting this kind of business in Thailand.

present it as kind of yoga stuff and you'll get around the hurdles. Even better is to create your own name for this treatment style and therewith bring something new to the market. For sure there are ways for you and if you have something to offer which you are claiming then don't get put down from the comments you got here so far. This is only titled as Business and Investment Forum and if you take a glance through most of the threads you will understand what i mean.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I should have clarified, I am interested specifically about the visa and legal aspects of starting this kind of business in Thailand.

present it as kind of yoga stuff and you'll get around the hurdles. Even better is to create your own name for this treatment style and therewith bring something new to the market. For sure there are ways for you and if you have something to offer which you are claiming then don't get put down from the comments you got here so far. This is only titled as Business and Investment Forum and if you take a glance through most of the threads you will understand what i mean.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate your encouragement. Yes, my work is very unique, popular in other parts of the world but nobody is doing it here yet, so I will be definitely bringing something unique, and helpful to the people of Thailand. I hope that pulls some weight with the authorities, and that it will help me be able to do this.

My task now is to find out if that is the case, and then to begin the steps to make it happen.

if its in anyway deemed as "medical" you'll have a problem, "therapeutic" maybe, be careful how you word it, you'll need to get it right first time with authorities, as any attempts to re-word it later will be seen as deceit, be careful, best of luck.

Edited by CharlieH

...Actually, I should have clarified, I am interested specifically about the visa and legal aspects of starting this kind of business in Thailand.

Step 1: Set up a company in Thailand.

Step 2: Apply for a work permit as an employee of your company. You get form WP.3, which is a receipt for your application.

Step 3: When your work permit is ready to be picked up, go to any Thai consulate and apply for a single-entry non-B visa. Return to Thailand; you get permission to stay for 90 days

Step 4: Pick up the work permit and start working.

Step 5: Before the expiration of your 90-day permission to stay, go to a Thai consulate and apply for a multiple-entry non-B visa.

Step 6: Once your company has tax records for two a least two years, apply at your local immigration for a one-year extension of stay for the reason of employment.

Step 7: Repeat step 6 as long as you continue to be employed by your company.