Why Don't You Have A Thai Favorite Team?

soi41

I see Chonburi fc are playing Arbil fc from Iraq in the AFC,, at 6 55pm tonight on true sport 3 tonight, it says 2nd leg, anyone know the first leg result cheers nev

Behave yourself nev tongue.png

1-1 half time, still no idea what the 1 st leg score was, or is this the 1st leg?

You need to get out mate..........biggrin.png

You not watching? it is riviting to watch mate.biggrin.png maybe i should get out more.

1-1 half time, still no idea what the 1 st leg score was, or is this the 1st leg?

We lost both legs 4-1 and were well beaten tonightsad.png . Still that was the AFC cup semi final and the furthest we've been in the competition, which isn't bad for a team that's only been in existence for about ten years.

There's a couple of hardcore farang fans of Muang Thong United who have blogs. At least one is American, think the other may be as well? Can't remember.

Anyway, I exchanged comments with one of them after negative posts about Robbie Fowler. They weren't fond of him at all and took great offense to his tweeting during games, which if that was true was pretty poor professionalism from Fowler, it has to be said. Not sure if he was injured at that time, though, or on the bench.

The one I talked to didn't have any idea of Fowler's former life as a Liverpool legend and wondered who he was when he came to Thailand and if he was any good. Ha ha. He really only started following the sport at all by being a fan of Muang Thong United.

So there are some expats who are into the Thai league, even more than any other league as it's the only football league this guy follows!

I just checked one of those blogs. Looks like Muang Thong United are Thai Premier League champs again.

There's a couple of hardcore farang fans of Muang Thong United who have blogs. At least one is American, think the other may be as well? Can't remember.

Anyway, I exchanged comments with one of them after negative posts about Robbie Fowler. They weren't fond of him at all and took great offense to his tweeting during games, which if that was true was pretty poor professionalism from Fowler, it has to be said. Not sure if he was injured at that time, though, or on the bench.

The one I talked to didn't have any idea of Fowler's former life as a Liverpool legend and wondered who he was when he came to Thailand and if he was any good. Ha ha. He really only started following the sport at all by being a fan of Muang Thong United.

So there are some expats who are into the Thai league, even more than any other league as it's the only football league this guy follows!

I just checked one of those blogs. Looks like Muang Thong United are Thai Premier League champs again.

They walked it, and i think they are undefeated with 1 game to go, maybe they can take the mantle off Arsenal and be the new invincable's.

They walked it, and i think they are undefeated with 1 game to go, maybe they can take the mantle off Arsenal and be the new invincable's.

Yes, they won the league at a canter and are still undefeated with one match remaining. However, they will play BEC Tero away on Sunday and the home side need a win to secure third place. So it should be a fascinating game.

TPL runners-up Chonburi fell at the semi final stage of the AFC Cup but it was still quite an achievement for us to get that far. Although, I felt that the 8-2 aggregate scoreline was harsh and Arbil didn't really impress me.

Still, upwards and onwards. We play our penultimate league match tomorrow (Thursday) before finishing our season against already relegated Thai Port on Sunday.

More details here: http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/chonburifc/113109/Home

I don't bother any more mate biggrin.png was at Tawang daeng this week missed you! but we had 2 and half bottles of Ballantines and a great evening burp.gif

We have one of those in Chaiyaphum. Good night out

Yep always a good night and the entertainment is fantastic,i enjoy watching them come in and get slowly slaughtered ....then of course i join them biggrin.png still amazes me where all the acts come from and still no entrance fee....best night out in Thailand for me! we have another opening here next week also.

I don't bother any more mate biggrin.png was at Tawang daeng this week missed you! but we had 2 and half bottles of Ballantines and a great evening burp.gif

We have one of those in Chaiyaphum. Good night out

Yep always a good night and the entertainment is fantastic,i enjoy watching them come in and get slowly slaughtered ....then of course i join them biggrin.png still amazes me where all the acts come from and still no entrance fee....best night out in Thailand for me! we have another opening here next week also.

The one where the old tawan dang used to be across from big C?

I think be just the same as top west, to keep on topic they all show footballtongue.png

If you can get a 5-30 kick off nev there... then yes it is a good place atmosphere wise! tongue.png especially now as it will be 12-30am in Thailand.

Call me when you fancy a a couple of jugs,my shout if i remember! tongue.png

If you can get a 5-30 kick off nev there... then yes it is a good place atmosphere wise! tongue.png especially now as it will be 12-30am in Thailand.

burp.gifdrunk.gif

my town only has a low league team, but i love watching the tpl on tv, the buriram thunderdome looks great on tv, full stands and view looking out over the car park.

glad that the owner took them out to the province, hopefully more wealthy ex-politicans/influential people will build up local sides or move less profitable bkk sides to the provinces.

Mate 31st at number1 bar having a halloween party hope to see you there, be a fun night. nev

• 2 weeks later...

I got a season ticket to Bangkok Glass, on the whole its very enjoyable, great value for money and u can have a beer in the stand (not something used to back home these days). Really good crowd who go. But out the way but not the worst commute there. On the note though of foreigners supporting local teams, at games I have noticed more and more coming, not many for sure, but ever few weeks a couple more faces (and that I mean are coming to more than a one off have a bit of a look game). Think being a Spurs and Bangkok Glass fan I have the feeling I like to punish myself in two leagues rather than just the one.

A further point, not that they are superstars, but its nice after the game how u can enjoy a beer and meet the players. As a side note I think my season ticket was 1,900 baht and that was including League, Toyota cup and Fa cup games, cant fault it even for its dodgy refs and lower quality than EPL.

• 2 weeks later...