Is There Free Western Medicine Clinic ?

duiter

Thats all very well to say ,but who will insure someone who is in their late 60s? when i came here 7 years ago the cheapest insurance i could get (and that did not cover pre existing ) was over two thousand pounds a year ,so if i am now taken ill i have that 14 thousand pounds to use.

You played the odds and have done well so far. Unfortunately 14 thousand pounds doesn't go very far if you are in need of critical care and an air ambulance to Singapore or Hong Kong for specialized care. As you get older, the odds are unfortunately against you.

If you are in your mid-seventies, and hopefully had a good and fullfilling life, you don't need an airambulance to Spore or HK. What you need is the insight, that maybe it is time to let go. Do it without pain and in peace. Staying alive at any cost is a very western thing, we could learn something from the people in Asia, where death is a part of life. Not a big deal!
  • Like 2

Thats all very well to say ,but who will insure someone who is in their late 60s? when i came here 7 years ago the cheapest insurance i could get (and that did not cover pre existing ) was over two thousand pounds a year ,so if i am now taken ill i have that 14 thousand pounds to use.

You played the odds and have done well so far. Unfortunately 14 thousand pounds doesn't go very far if you are in need of critical care and an air ambulance to Singapore or Hong Kong for specialized care. As you get older, the odds are unfortunately against you.

If you are in your mid-seventies, and hopefully had a good and fullfilling life, you don't need an airambulance to Spore or HK. What you need is the insight, that maybe it is time to let go. Do it without pain and in peace. Staying alive at any cost is a very western thing, we could learn something from the people in Asia, where death is a part of life. Not a big deal!

Save that and tack it above your bed when you get to be an old duffer, say 69.

Save that and tack it above your bed when you get to be an old duffer, say 69.

69 isn't that far away for me! whistling.gif And seriously I am not afraid to die, so for my part there is no "staying alive at any cost". If I get terminally ill and in pain, or a burden to the people around me, i will take a drink of nembuthal and leave the rest to the worms sad.png

Absolutely, can't believe how much value people place on human life, what a bunch of <deleted>.

We're just another species of animals on this planet, too many of us anyway, if you've got the dosh to prolong it fine otherwise let it go.

And yes, I'm ready to go anytime I'm called, since coming to Thailand I've had dozens and dozens of experiences where I can say, well that's more happiness than one fellow deserves, no regrets when my time comes that's enough. No need to impose on others, move on to the next adventure. . .

• Like 1

you can stay in the cold in Britain being ripped off ,spied on by speed cameras ,unable to park without taking out a loan ,frightened to have one drink and drive safe in the knowledge that you will be able to go to hospital free ,or spend your last years in the sun having a great quality of life while it lasts.

anyway as Woody Allen said "i' me not afraid to die i just dont want to be there when it happens'