Some Local Knowledge Please

lorddaverichards

My wife booked us to come down to Patts with some friends this weekend staying at the Tune Hotel. It is a budget hotel on the north end of Soi 2. We had to confirm this morning and were told that if we want to park at the hotel it is 300baht - and wait for it if we go out and come back we have to pay an additional 200baht each time we go out and return!!!

Blimey I have stayed in the Dusit Thani hotel and they dont charge for car parking so my question is

Is there anywhere safe and secure where i can leave my car- the area is close to Big C and Tiffanys cabaret. I thought about leaving in Central Festival but am unsure if you can leave you car overnight

Any advice or suggestions would be helpful as am not stingy but think it is outrageous that hotels charge to park your own car !!

thanks in advance

Dave

Isn't Tune Hotel a part of the Air Asia group of companies where extracting money for extras that are basic almost everywhere else is the norm. I can't help you with your problem but thanks for the tip to be aware of this if ever i consider Tune Hotels.

Of course you can park your car at Big-C car-park; no problem at all and - no charge.

They have Security walking around there, but yet, better not leave anything that looks like "valuable" visible through the car windows. Other than that: no sweat !

As said the basic rate only covers the room, everything else is extra. That is their business model.

For information I believe this is the basic room without extras......

post-150466-0-92390600-1351123070_thumb.

Sorry i must have missed something and yes I have read my request again I was asking about car parking

i AM WELL AWARE OF THEIR POSITION ON CHARGING FOR AC ETC BUT NOWHERE ON THEIR WEBSITE DOES IT INDICATE EXTRA FOR CAR PARKING AND MY REQUEST WAS FOR SUITABLE PLACES CLOSE BY

Thank you though for your suggestion and may I make one for you ? you seem to have to much time on your hands so maybe get yourself a job or hobby mm you have one it seems !!!!

As said the basic rate only covers the room, everything else is extra. That is their business model.

Sorry i must have missed something and yes I have read my request again I was asking about car parking

i AM WELL AWARE OF THEIR POSITION ON CHARGING FOR AC ETC BUT NOWHERE ON THEIR WEBSITE DOES IT INDICATE EXTRA FOR CAR PARKING AND MY REQUEST WAS FOR SUITABLE PLACES CLOSE BY

Thank you though for your suggestion and may I make one for you ? you seem to have to much time on your hands so maybe get yourself a job or hobby mm you have one it seems !!!!

Just calculate exactly what you'll have to pay if you would like a breakfast, wifi, a/c, extra set of towels, car park, 24-hour electricity, etc, etc.

Have a nice stay at Dusit!! smile.png

A little bit touchy arent you.

Anyway thanks for heads up about Tune. I will make sure nobody I knows makes the same mistake you did by booking a room there. cheesy.gif

Edited by Tolley
  • Like 1

and if you bring in a guest, it will be 400 baht , plus/ plus and 10% service charge...and extra fee if you reach happy ending.giggle.gif (by the way, I hope Tune's website doesn't have travel insurance to click "no no" if one does not want or automatic preferred rooms on first floor near elevator to negotiate on their website. )

Edited by Rimmer

Why would your wife have booked you into such a place and not cancelled after you found all this out? Are you getting a divorce or does she just hate you? Just kidding but if I were you I would stay at any place just down the street where there is parking and everything included for one low price.

• Like 2

If you hadn't been so rude to this poster maybe we would have had a "whip-round" to help pay for your parking
  • Like 2

If you hadn't been so rude to this poster maybe we would have had a "whip-round" to help pay for your parking

Ok, I jump in to insult the OP a bit for his rudeness against posters who tried to help him, as I see he gave all who insulted him a " like ".
  • Like 1