Moving To Different Province Changing Bank Branch

hi i have an account with bangkok bank in one province and i will be moving to a different province and want to open an account there with the same bank. im told by bkk bank that i will have to close the account get a bank draft and open an account in the new province, and pay in the draft.the banker draft will cost about 800 baht.

i just wondered if anyone knows a cheaper way to do this without carrying cash or returning to the original province after i have moved.

thanks.

ps i havent got an atm card.

Yes unfortunately with Bangkok Bank you can't just move your account with you :)

Set up internet banking with your existing account, and add the new branch and account later and do an online transfer is another option. Depending on the amounts, service selected, BKK or not, between provinces etc the fees vary, and in some cases free.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PersonalBanking/iBanking/BualuangiBanking/Pages/Default.aspx

I have a few accounts with BKK bank in 2 locations. No need to close the account either if you don't want as long as you have access to it via internet and keep above their minimum.

:)

Or wait until 2015 ASIAN when the Thai banks get their big wake up call!!! At least i hope they do inter-province fees and account attached to branch's that can be use across the entire country are things from the long gone past like bank books.